ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! As you may have noticed the video section and news sections of Giant Bomb have been revised and rehauled. However for Whiskey Media subscribers you'll soon be getting even more goodies to play with such as the ability to embiggen videos. many thanks should be sent to engineer Alexis for making this possible. Also WM engineers are allowing for the use of HTML5 for videos. So please thank GB user rufo for providing a work around for users for the longest time. Worth noting is that the interns are doing their own video show as they plan to take over Giant Bomb. Finally Sweep proves in his Staff Photo Shop Archive Guide that we mods often spend a lot of our time...doing crazy and nonsensical things. With all that noted let's hand things over to mracoon as he presents the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Starlet:

Community Starlet Featuring X19

After a brief hiatus the Community Starlet is back. This week the title is awarded to the archiver of all things video on Giant Bomb, X19. Looking for a specific game on TNT or a specific appearance from a staff member? Then X19's got you covered. Seriously, organizing and sorting through all those episodes is no easy task so props to X19 (and his accomplice ZeekDaGeek for all their hard work on that.

Another one of his impressive guides is for the Giant Bomb Uncharted Clan. If you're interested in playing some Uncharted 2 multiplayer or getting some practice before Nathan Drake's next outing then the clan is for you. They get together every Sunday at 2PM PST but check the guide or PM X19 for full details on how to get in on the action.

X19 has also utilized the list function in a way it probably wasn't originally intended bycataloging all the Endurance Runs in a neat and tidy way. His other list compliments hisblog of the same name and is probably what most people on the site know him for. If you've ever had a problem recalling the name of a game whether it be from your childhood or few days ago then X19's 'Can't remember the name of this game' thread is the first place you should go to. With the help of the community the name's over 121 games have been found, that's 121 less nagging thoughts in the back of people's heads.

That does it for this weeks Community Starlet and remember to give your recommendations of other users as always

Wonderful Wikis

Lovable Lists

Fantastic Forums/Best of Blog

User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note: Did I forget something? Then post a comment in this thread with a link to any pieces of wonderful community created content. Always feel free to promote content of your own! To keep track of the best of the best of the Ginat Bomb Comm unity please follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! As you may have noticed the video section and news sections of Giant Bomb have been revised and rehauled. However for Whiskey Media subscribers you'll soon be getting even more goodies to play with such as the ability to embiggen videos. many thanks should be sent to engineer Alexis for making this possible. Also WM engineers are allowing for the use of HTML5 for videos. So please thank GB user rufo for providing a work around for users for the longest time. Worth noting is that the interns are doing their own video show as they plan to take over Giant Bomb. Finally Sweep proves in his Staff Photo Shop Archive Guide that we mods often spend a lot of our time...doing crazy and nonsensical things. With all that noted let's hand things over to mracoon as he presents the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Starlet:

Community Starlet Featuring X19

After a brief hiatus the Community Starlet is back. This week the title is awarded to the archiver of all things video on Giant Bomb, X19. Looking for a specific game on TNT or a specific appearance from a staff member? Then X19's got you covered. Seriously, organizing and sorting through all those episodes is no easy task so props to X19 (and his accomplice ZeekDaGeek for all their hard work on that.

Another one of his impressive guides is for the Giant Bomb Uncharted Clan. If you're interested in playing some Uncharted 2 multiplayer or getting some practice before Nathan Drake's next outing then the clan is for you. They get together every Sunday at 2PM PST but check the guide or PM X19 for full details on how to get in on the action.

X19 has also utilized the list function in a way it probably wasn't originally intended bycataloging all the Endurance Runs in a neat and tidy way. His other list compliments hisblog of the same name and is probably what most people on the site know him for. If you've ever had a problem recalling the name of a game whether it be from your childhood or few days ago then X19's 'Can't remember the name of this game' thread is the first place you should go to. With the help of the community the name's over 121 games have been found, that's 121 less nagging thoughts in the back of people's heads.

That does it for this weeks Community Starlet and remember to give your recommendations of other users as always

Wonderful Wikis

Lovable Lists

Fantastic Forums/Best of Blog

User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note: Did I forget something? Then post a comment in this thread with a link to any pieces of wonderful community created content. Always feel free to promote content of your own! To keep track of the best of the best of the Ginat Bomb Comm unity please follow me on Twitter @GiantBombSquad.
DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By DevWil

Thanks for the nod!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

YO YO YO!!!!

Nice job 19!

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GJSmitty

Thanks for putting my video in this!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By B0nd07

Congrats to X19! Welcome to the Starlet Club!

I'd just like to point out that, in addition to ZeekDaGeek, Devildoll (videos [iirc]), cookiesforbreakfast (staff images), ShadowVirus (staff images, Ultimate Guide banner), deathstroke75 (staff images), and myself (staff images, guide page icon, TNT Archive banner, TNT promos) have also put time into the Ultimate TNT User Guide.

shenstra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By shenstra

@ZombiePie: Thanks for lighting my spot! I never expected people to respond so well to what is, essentially, an in-the-heat-of-the-moment rant. Being spotlit feels a bit like earning a trophy for a game. In a twisted sort of way, it feels more meaningful than the activity for which it is awarded. :-)

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By X19
Thanks for the Starlet! 
Thanks for the Starlet! 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

@X19: What are you going to do with your winnings?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Video_Game_King: Even with trying to make a controversial title your blog still flopped brah. 
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Unknown_Pleasures

Are you saying that I should have named it "Halo: Reach sucks?" I'll keep that in mind when I finally write my Dead Rising blog.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sameeeeam

Some great Wikis this week.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By X19
@Claude said:

Give it all to gpbmike to get this one guide bug which has been annoying me for four months fixed and also ensure there's a html option in the new editor. 

Feel like I should of said something more witty but that's what I would like to spend my winnings on right now.
DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By DG991

Yay my thread is in a community spot light!!!!!!!!! :D

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

@X19 said:

@Claude said:

Give it all to gpbmike to get this one guide bug which has been annoying me for four months fixed and also ensure there's a html option in the new editor. Feel like I should of said something more witty but that's what I would like to spend my winnings on right now.

No, no, this is perfect. Make it so.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Great work as always! Good to see my friends insane rambling on crazy Japanese games make the cut :D

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#17  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Seriously, that commercial link fake-out trick never gets old. Some unusually altruistic teamsters move her car and the yuppie's like "Oh, you minx, you found a way around my severely passive-aggressive behavior. Kudos."

Talking of kudos, X19 deserves the starlet spot for the "what's the game name" thread alone. It's helped so many, and gives loveable urchin Nikral a place to live.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

Great job, Jeremies.

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By djames216

Grats X19 on becoming a starlet. 

And thanks to the powers that be for featuring my list. I hope people find it useful 'n' stuff.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vexxan

@Abyssfull said:

Great job, Jeremies.
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By PerryVandell

Thanks Zombie! Your spotlight has made my bleeding foot slightly less painful.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By ImperiousRix

Hey, thanks for the nod! 
Lord knows nobody reads my shit, anyway...

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Video_Game_King: Yep gotta get those hits.
RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

Thanks Zombiepie for featuring the duke nukem article I made.

SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

Congrats to everyone who got featured this week

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Slaker117

Congrats to X19, you definitely deserve it.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By SMTDante89

Congratulations to everyone that was featured this week, especially to X19 for being featured as this week's Starlet.

I just wrote up a blog myself, though it was hastily written and might not be very good.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By count_zero

I just recorded another E3 2011 Related video blog.

EDIT: And here's a second one. These should, hopefully, wrap up all my video recordings related to E3 2011.

B_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By B_Heart

Great Job. Good info

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers