Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always. RYAN DAVIS GOT MARRIED! If you haven't done so already wish him and his wife the best over here! Also...uhhh...there's a fan-fiction of Ryan's wedding already. Don't tell anyone that I directed you to it. http://www.klepekpower.com/ is a secret that keeps on giving with the power of Klepek. Finally a patch was recent submitted to the site related to the notification system. As part of the patch you have to go back to your settings and set them to your preference as they have been reset as a result of this patch. If you are still having issues with the notification or PM system report them over here.
Clip of the Week
Many of you are fans of TurboMan's Best of Quick Look video feature on YouTube. If you are check out the YouTube account TheBurlapLemur which has begun a different but similar video series known as the Bitesize Bomb. This series narrows down the best moments of every single Quick Look ever made and published on the site and here's the latest edition of the series:
- Official Giant Bomb NCAA 14 PS3 Online Dynasty - Sign Up Over Here!
Good news everyone! We now have a complete library for the Famicom Disk System! That and a great biography of what the Famicom Disk System is in the first place. With Patrick starting his own Encyclopedia Bombasticas with Michael Jordan: Cahos in the Windy City read more about the game than you would ever want to know on its wiki page for the game. Finally learn more about LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.
Best of Blogs
Mento has created a two part blog series examining the development and gaming history of Monolith Studios. Similarly stubbleman continues his blog series examining the voice acting career or Karen Strassman. FLStyle has a preview of EVO 2013 and an itinerary of the games that are going to be there, whereas BlackLagoon has a list of all the big and notable games that are coming out for the Vita. Video_Game_King celebrated the Fourth of July with Amnesia and Splatterhouse 2. EpicSteve has another Amateur Bombastica for Godzilla: Save the Earth; Marino has another blog of his VHS tape recordings, but this time for E3 2003. BaconGames discusses why the HD collection of Pheonix Wright on iOS irked him. JJWeatherman shares what it was like building his own PC recently, and enns talks about how flabbergasted he is with the re-release of Final Fantasy XIV. Sunjammer pontificates on what the future of Naught Dog will be now that The Last of Us has been released. ComradeCrash talks about his early impressions of Project X Zone, and Gamer_152 blogged about his thoughts about what the next generation of consoles holds for Nintendo. PsEG had a set back with iRacing.com and talks about it on his latest blog. CornBREDX went back to The Neverhood and discusses why he still enjoyed playing it after all this time. Finally BillytheKid provides an update about his effort to defeat his gaming backlog and ArbitraryWater chastises you for trying to convince him to play Jade Empire.
- Monolith Soft: It Gon' Give X to Ya (Part 1) [Part 2] (By: @mento)
- EVO 2013 Preview (July 12-14) Live from Las Vegas, 3 Days, 9 Fighting Game Championships to be Decided! (By: @flstyle)
- The A is for AMERICA!....And Amnesia, I Guess. (By: @video_game_king)
- Amateur Encyclopedia Bombastica: Godzilla: Save the Earth (By: @epicsteve)
- VHScapades: E3 2003 (By: @marino)
- The Phoenix Wright Dilemma On iOS (By: @bacongames)
- Building a PC in 2013 (By: @jjweatherman)
- FFXIV ARR: It Somehow Exists (By: @enns)
- Turning the Page (By: @sunjammer)
- Project X Zone: Early Impressions (By: @comradecrash)
- Nintenthoughts (By: @gamer_152)
- iFace Some Hard Swings – iRacing Blog, Day 39 (By: @pseg)
- Behind the Voice: Karen Strassman Part 2 (By: @stubbleman)
- July Vita Lineup and Upcoming Titles (By: @blacklagoon)
- Who are the People in Your Neverhood? (By: @cornbredx)
- Breaking the Backlog: Update (By: @billythekid)
- I Play Old Games (Jade Empire) OR: The Consequences of Democracy (By: @arbitrarywater)
TepidShark has created a helpful table of the important gaming panels to keep an eye on for the San Diego Comic-Con. If you have played The Walking Dead: 400 Days talk about your choices and thoughts about the game. What have you purchased as part of the Xbox Games on Demand July Sale, or what does you gaming set up look like right now? Talk about it on the respective discussion threads! Finally, in light of the Motorbike and Ride to hell Quick Looks do you have a favorite Quick Look for a "bad" video game? Explain your pick on the thread!
- A Guide to San Diego Comic-Con '13 Video Game Panels (By: @tepidshark)
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days Discussion Thread (By: @recspec)
- Xbox GoD Ultimate Sale Discussion Thread (By: @617_jbug)
- Your 2013 Game Area Setup (By: @lord_xp)
- Favorite Quick Looks of Bad Games (By: @carnelust)
The king of lists, Mento, has two different but highly creative gaming tabulations! One examines the games that feature hostile birds that you have to fight and the other lists the games that he would be willing to do his own Bombastica or Endurance Run for.
- Ornithophobia (By: @mento)
- Games I've Beaten That I'd Be Happy to LP/ER/Bombastica Some Day (By: @mento)
- Collection Part 2: Last Gen PreGB (By: @themasterds)
Useful User Reviews
- @punkxblaze's user review of Deadpool
- @crusader8463's user review of Deadpool
- @shacks's user review of Deadpool