Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I am your host as always. So stuff happened during one of the livestreams this week that requires a bit of clarification. Even if the Giant Bomb staff discuss items or topics that may be in violation of the Forum Rules, be it pornography or drug use, you will still be held accountable for your comments. With that we have two awesome dedications to Ryan that are worth showcasing. As many have discovered Divinity has a tribute to Ryan. Not to be topped by that the Giant Bomb Eve Online Corp., Kite Co., has finished constructing an awesome outpost christened as "Ryan Davis," as you can see here":
Clip of the Week
As always you can count on @turboman to hit it out of the park with his "Best of Giant Bomb" video series. This episode about robots interacting pepper grinders and bicycles is no exception.
- Giant Bomb East Meetup in Early August - Discuss Times and Places for a Manhattan Meetup Here!
- The International 2014 - Daily Event Summaries and Discussions - Join Here!
- Giant Bomb Destiny Clan - Join Lincoln Force to Play With Other Duders Over Here!
Abyss Odyssey and Abe's Oddysee both have had some recent, and impressive work done on them. Also, special thanks to @fitzgerald for doing a bang up job on the Adventure Time Card Wars wiki page.
Best of Blogs
We have a myriad of users showing off their creative talents this week! Pabba and Saik0u are both responsible for the works of art that grace this edition of the Spotlight, and StarvingGamer has created an impressive fight stick featuring the female characters in the Street Fighter franchise. The other major trend for this week is that a number of users have started new multi-part blogs. AlisterCat is starting a retrospective of the Ace Attorney franchise from the perspective of a hardcore fan; GrantHeaslip is staring a hunting diary for his foray in Monster Hunter; finally supermike6 is starting a deep examination of Deadly Premonition with a look at its use of exploration. Even then we have plenty of the "usual suspects" for this week. Mento has a new Comic Commish with a re-examination of the Summer and Winter of 2011; Video_Game_King has Hacker Evolution and Bomberman to thank for adding him to the FBI database; and MikeLemmer is now on his third week of plugging along in Eve Online. Speaking of plugging along CottoneUD has two editions of his Let's Play for Persona 4 Golden, smcn has a new edition of his picturelog of his adventures in 999, and bobafettjm still has a showcase of his awesome work on the wiki. GunstarRed is all about hot lead this week with a blog about Bullet Witch and 10,000 Bullets. development on the other hand extrapolates on why he thinks Final Fantasy X-2 could be found to be a war crime in the Hague. FLStyle shares his hopes for Tekken 7 as someone who has an on again, off again relationship with the franchise. theyouthfuls finally struck Ico from his backlog, whereas tarfuin wrapped up every episode of The Wolf Among Us. Ockman explains why the original Xbox is one of his all time favorite game consoles, and BlaineBlaine weaves a tale for Dottori-kun. thatpinguino keeps up his streak of publishing two blogs per week with one about the fall of Rapture and another on the role of randomness in Rogue-likes. Finally SunBrozak and FakeKisser both have their end of the week gaming summaries.
- The Face(s) of Giant Bomb (By: @pabba)
- Bazooka (Illustration) (By: @saik0u)
- Sticks with Chicks (By: @starvinggamer)
- Games I Played Last Week 7/7-7/13 (By: @fakekisser)
- Bullet Blog (By: @gunstarred)
- How Do You Review A Game Which Isn't Beatable? (In The Traditional Sense) (By: @noahtheboa999)
- Final Fantasy X-2 is a Crime Against Humanity (By: @development)
- OBJECTION! A Phoenix Wright Retrospective - Part 1 (By: @alistercat)
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: Hunting Diary #1 (By: @grantheaslip)
- Talkin' About Deadly Premonition - Part One: Driving and Exploring (By: @supermike6)
- The Comic Commish: The Previous Generation (Jul-Dec 2011) (By: @mento)
- Tekken 7 Wishlist (Featuring Tales of the Old Games!) (By: @flstyle)
- The Blog that Landed Me on at Least One Government Watchlist (By: @video_game_king)
- Thoughts on Ico (By: @theyouthfuls)
- So I Just Played: The Wolf Among Us (By: @tarfuin)
- The Original Xbox - An Unappreciated Classic System (By: @ockman)
- The Role of Randomness in Rogue-likes (By: @thatpinguino)
- Deep Look: Bioshock- Why Rapture Fell (By: @thatpinguino)
- The Strange Tale of Dottori-Kun (By: @blaineblaine)
- 3 Weeks in EVE: The Long Haul (By: @mikelemmer)
- Let's have a Magical Ocean Adventure with Junpei and Friends! (By: @smcn)
- I Played Some Games. Here's Some Thoughts (By: @sunbrozak)
- Weekly Wiki Update - Saturday, July 12th 2014 (By: @bobafettjm)
- Persona 4 Golden New Game Plus -- The Continuing Adventures of William Rikeru (Part 29 07/16/2014) [Part 28] (By: @cottoneud)
As already mentioned please join the rest of the community is telling the GB community Eve Online corporation, Kite Co., a job well done for finishing their 130 million ISK "Ryan Davis" outpost. There is plenty to discuss about the Destiny beta so feel free to share your thoughts about it. We have a community tips and tricks thread for Divinity, and a discussion thread for Abyss Odyssey. Finally feel free to vote on your favorite game with "cry" in its title, and share games that you never managed to finish.
- Kite Co. Anchors Outpost, Dedicates to Ryan Davis (By: @gnu2000)
- Destiny Beta Discussion Thread (By: @sackmanjones)
- Destiny Beta Code Trading Thread (By: @djou)
- Let's Share Divinity Tips & Tricks, No Spoilers (By: @mb)
- Your Favorite Cry Game? (By: @beachthunder)
- Abyss Odyssey, the New Game From the Zeno Clash People, Discussion Thread (By: @pie)
- That Game you Can Never Manage to Finish (By: @sbaitso)
Doppelgamer graces us twice with two creative lists. The first examining games from Japan that were dramatically altered for Western audiences for the worse. The second lists out his least favorite sidekicks and companions in video games. kablammo is seeking to create a list of games that have inspired "-like" terms (i.e. rogue-like) in the industry. Finally, Eder asserts his status as a contrarian with a list of unpopular games from well known franchises that he thinks are the best.
- Ruinous Roving (By: @doppelgamer)
- Least Favorite Characters (By: @doppelgamer)
- Games Used as a Term for Similar Games (By: @kablammo)
- Unpopular Favorite Games of Franchise (By: @eder)
Useful User Reviews