Posted by ZombiePie (5685 posts) -
Special Thanks to Bryan Ward for this Great Banner Art for The PowerBombcast!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, I am your host as always. Brad not only watched The International in person, but he also celebrated his birthday this week. Speaking of The International there are plenty of pictures of not just Brad enjoying the event, but also members of the Giant Bomb community. Special thanks to @matt for flipping the bird on @mattbodega. Things have calmed down as the Summer gaming drought has fully sunk in. @buzz_clik recently shared some concept art for his Gerstmannia t-shirt design. With that let's get on with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight!

Clip of the Week

Someone on YouTube has compiled of every example of Jeff showing disgust of Dan's opinions in movies and games. I think we can at least partially agree that Dan is a monster.

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Warframe PC Clan - Under New Management - Join Giant Bomb Heavy Industries Here!
  • The Crew Community PC Closed Beta Hook-up Thread - Join Other Users in The Crew By Heading Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Premier League 2014/2015 Fantasy League - Join Other Users in Some Footie Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Giant Bomb is now your go to source on Don Bradman Cricket 14! No really check out our wiki page for the game. @bobafettjm did some great work on our Steam Trading Card wiki page, and you can thank @mento for taking the time to explain why Troddlers is all about. Ryu is fifty years old, so the least you could do is check out his wiki page. Finally some great work has been done on our recently added The Divide wiki page.

Best of Blogs

The top blog of the week comes from JadeGL who discusses why Super Mario Bros. 2 has a special place in her heart. A close second comes from billymagnum who converted his NES into an awesome looking guitar. tharrington has some awesome Barkerville fanart that you can check out below, but also support him on his blog. We have a record breaking number of multi-blog posters this week. thatpinguino provides a deep look into FTL, and has two introspective blogs on his hopes and relationship with the Kingdom Hearts franchise. Mento has a two part blog series in which he examines various game mechanics from the perspective of a former designer, similarly noahtheboa999 used Mega Man 2 as a case study for the evolution of game design and he shares his first impressions of Shovel Knight. CottoneUD finished finals for the latest part to his Persona 4 Golden let's play, and Video_Game_King topped anime with anime with a continuation of his Katawa Shoujo let's play and a blog on Lunar and Stafy 3. ChampInMaking extrapolates on why he thinks KOTOR 2 is objectively better than KOTOR 1, whereas TheYouthfuls talks about striking Shadow of the Colossus from his gaming backlog. Speaking of backlogs MooseyMcMan played catch up and burned through a number of his PlayStation Plus games. GrantHeaslip shares what it was like and why he digitally imported Project Diva 2. FLStyle wants you to join him in celebrating Ryu's 50th birthday. bonbolapti played a bunch of FFXIV and Soul Blazer this week, and Wess shares his detailed impressions of Contrast. MikeLemmer had the pleasure of spending more time on Outpost Taswell in Eve Online, whereas Raven10 questions if the season pass ruins the balance of Bioshock Infinite. Finally PerfidiousSinn talks about his various attempts to get into GTA Online, and bobafettjm has a new edition of his wiki update blog series.

Fantastic Forums

Be on the right side of history and vote Terminator 2 on the Terminator poll. It's important. In terms of games we have discussion threads for Gods Will Be Watching, The Walking Dead, and the latest DLC for Dark Souls II as well as Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas. Can you think of any hidden gems on Steam, well share them on our discussion thread for buried treasure on Steam. Finally vote on what your Dragon Age: Inquisition character will look like.

Lovable Lists

Our list this week comes from bartok who wants to remind you that not all video games based on television shows are bad.

Useful User Reviews

Special Thanks to Tharrington for this Barkerville Fanart!

#1 Edited by csl316 (8765 posts) -

Both of those fanarts are stupendous.

#2 Posted by OneFreeman (96 posts) -

It's just gone 5am here in the UK during our entirely uncalled for and damn right inconvenient 'mini-heatwave' which has rendered the country inhospitable.

This spotlight is greatly appreciated and is fine alternative to sleep. Thanks ZombiePie!

#3 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6229 posts) -

"Terminator 1 can fuckin happen, man!" Still one of my favorite Gerstmann quotes.

#4 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -

Ohhh blog notifications are back!

#5 Posted by Hailinel (24969 posts) -

If you're looking for wiki pages for the next spotlight, I've pretty much given the page for Link a complete overhaul.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11132 posts) -

You know ZP, I never really thought about it before, but doing this up every week probably takes a fair amount of effort, doesn't it? Just wanted to give you a metaphorical pat on the back and "Thanks" for doing this stuff.

#8 Posted by billymagnum (834 posts) -

whoo check me out im all in the spot light!

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#10 Edited by Brodehouse (9967 posts) -

Jeff comparing T2 to Matrix 2 is terrible.

Dan saying T3 is better than Terminator is terrible.

#11 Posted by takashichea (353 posts) -

Congrats everyone!

#12 Posted by ZombiePie (5685 posts) -

You know ZP, I never really thought about it before, but doing this up every week probably takes a fair amount of effort, doesn't it? Just wanted to give you a metaphorical pat on the back and "Thanks" for doing this stuff.

This is the second time this has been asked this week, and generally speaking it takes me about two and a half to three hours to make a single edition of the Community Spotlight.

#13 Posted by ZombiePie (5685 posts) -
#14 Edited by Humanity (9379 posts) -

@zombiepie: Oh boy special chat color HERE I COME!

#15 Edited by Fobwashed (2080 posts) -
#16 Posted by Mento (2558 posts) -

I got your notification before today's blog went up and wondered how you already knew about it. I'd completely forgotten I wrote a review of Toki Tori 2 last weekend. So I guess that's two things this week.

Since he wasn't mentioned in your list of notifications, I'll also submit @thatpinguino's take on my Mento + The Mechanics series. I'm all for more game mechanics talk around here.

#17 Edited by thatpinguino (1054 posts) -

Thanks for the lookout @mento! i also put up a deepish look video on Penny Arcade Adventures 3.

#18 Posted by ZombiePie (5685 posts) -

@thatpinguino:

@mento said:

I got your notification before today's blog went up and wondered how you already knew about it. I'd completely forgotten I wrote a review of Toki Tori 2 last weekend. So I guess that's two things this week.

Since he wasn't mentioned in your list of notifications, I'll also submit @thatpinguino's take on my Mento + The Mechanics series. I'm all for more game mechanics talk around here.

We are all good in the hood!

#19 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11132 posts) -
#20 Posted by ZombiePie (5685 posts) -

The latest Spotlight can be found here.