The Community Spotlight - 07/04/2015

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
Special thanks to Waluigi for the banner this week!
Special thanks to Waluigi for the banner this week!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host as always. The Fourth of July brings a time for mourning for everyone on Giant Bomb. As many of you know this week marks the second year anniversary of the passing of Ryan. For those of you not already aware Ryan's widow, Anna, is is trying to plan for a posthumous honeymoon that she is attempting to crowdfund. If you click that link you will find information pertaining to what the plan for the trip is, and the t-shirt you will gain if you donate towards the fund.

Now, moving onto the state of the site. Many users have begun reporting issues regarding artifacts appearing while watching videos on Giant Bomb. This issue has been reported to the engineers and they are actively working on the issue. However, if you continue to experience this problem please report the incident here. With this all out of the way let us now move onto the Community Spotlight!

Clip of the Week

@theburlaplemur is back and this week has a handful of hilarious moments from Quick Looks from the past! For those that don't know TheBurlapLemur seeks to locate the funniest moments of EVERY Quick Look on Giant Bomb as part of his Bitesize Bomb video series.

The Giant Bomb Weekly Gallery

Community Activities

Best of Blogs

Join the Discussion

This greets you when you join the new Terraria
This greets you when you join the new Terraria

Lovable Lists

Wonderful Wikis

• Rise of Incarnates - Check out our detailed wiki page for the free to play and 2 vs. 2 fighting game, Rise of Incarnates, which just happens to be the recent release that has been catching everyone's attention the most this week.
  • Substance Abuse Benefit - Check out our new and improved wiki concept page for "Substance Abuse Benefit," and see if you can think of examples!
  • Lottie - A big thanks to @yummylee for adding in the secondary cast of Resident Evil: Revelations to the GB database! The following three pages are just evidence of that much appreciated hard work.
  • Gina Foley
  • Rachael Foley

Useful User Reviews

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No mention of the revival of the Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic server?!

sadness

(Fantastic job as always)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Many thanks for the inclusions, congrats to everyone else who made it in!

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey thanks for the shoutout, lots of good stuff on here.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always enjoy a good Quick Look compilation.

Waluigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the holla, friendo

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

"Special thanks to Waluigi"

Oh god, this website has turned.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These are great.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@csl316 said:

"Special thanks to Waluigi"

Oh god, this website has turned.

Cancelling my sub.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man that Ryan portrait is beautiful :)

Buddy900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All art work of the crew should have ryan in it

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wish I lived in the US so I could pitch some money to Anna's campaign. Everyone deserves closure and I hope this helps her in dealing with that loss.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PimblyCharles

Well it looks like I am doomed. What's this Triple Triad shit? I've heard of Gwent. Is it some Final Fantasy sub-game? Forgive me zombiepie for my ignorance, I have not gone down that deep, dark rabbit hole yet.

Man, I wish I wasn't broke as hell this week so I could donate to Anna's trip. It's going to be the first thing my next pay check contributes to.

@amyggen said:

It sure is! I love it.

@buddy900 said:

All art work of the crew should have ryan in it

Agreed!

What's the context with Eric Pope riding a slice of pizza in space? Is it just some random thing humanity did?

By the way, that's fantastic artwork you did Waluigi.

Accolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm so in on Anna's campaign.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really hope Anna's campaign goes well. She truly deserves to be happy, and I pray she's able to find said happiness. Awesome job all around dude on the spotlight!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

@marino I got my Fallout Shelter thread on the front page Community Showcase. I don't need your stinkin' Spotlight! Take that!!

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#19 Marino  Staff

@citizenkane: Ironically, I'm the one in control of the promos for that community showcase section on the front page, while @zombiepie actually authors the spotlight articles. I just publish it so that it can become an article on the front page.

So, you should be thanking me and facetiously yelling at him! ;)

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

@marino: Well then...don't open any packages in the mail this week. Just send them to ZombiePie.

SpikeSpiegel00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @zombiepi, I can't believe its been two years. Thats an amazing portrait of Ryan.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Thanks for the mention @marino! Go USA!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@dprotp said:

No mention of the revival of the Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic server?!

sadness

As I always say if you notice something new or awesome on the site please drop a comment on the latest Spotlight so is that I can use that as a reference when making the next one. Most of the time I go by the activity feed and the "Author" date of threads and blogs when examining the site. I will now put down the Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic Server for next week though, and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

@theblue said:

Hey thanks for the shoutout, lots of good stuff on here.

There is TOO MUCH Final Fantasy on Giant Bomb now.

Well it looks like I am doomed. What's this Triple Triad shit? I've heard of Gwent. Is it some Final Fantasy sub-game? Forgive me zombiepie for my ignorance, I have not gone down that deep, dark rabbit hole yet.

What's the context with Eric Pope riding a slice of pizza in space? Is it just some random thing humanity did?

I finished Fisherman's Horizon...await my write-up on why I am a broken man as a result.

Also I am not sure of the context of @humanity's animated gif either. Why don't we yell really loud and hope that he hears us?

HEY @humanity WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH YOUR PIZZA .GIF?!?!?!? AND HOW ABOUT THAT AIRPLANE FOOD?!?!?!

Thanks @zombiepi, I can't believe its been two years. Thats an amazing portrait of Ryan.

@amyggen said:

Indeed it is, and you can thank @aurahack for that!

@marino I got my Fallout Shelter thread on the front page Community Showcase. I don't need your stinkin' Spotlight! Take that!!

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

Wish I lived in the US so I could pitch some money to Anna's campaign. Everyone deserves closure and I hope this helps her in dealing with that loss.

Luckily the target goal has been met. It remains to be seen if Anna will seek supplementary funding from outside of the United States. Thank you for showing support for Anna.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: What's that? Sorry, I must've misread. You want me to do blogs on my current playthrough of FFVI and consider doing one for FFII because they are the only main series Final Fantasies I've never finished? You don't think that's too much Final Fantasy? Man, you must really love Final Fantasy. FFVIII really turned you around.

I'm...I'm not gonna do that. That would be too much.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@zombiepie: When I was making the E3 Poster for Giant Bomb I had unwittingly told Eric Pope that I would add him into it surfing a giant slice of pizza. That poster was kind of gigantic in size ( it's like 5 x 7 ft or something true size) as I made it thinking maybe the guys at GB might want to print it out or something, and it was really arduous to work on so adding Pope sounded like a ton of work that didn't even really make any sense in that context. At the same time I am a man of my word and wouldn't want to leave Pope hanging, the man loves his pizza, so instead I decided to make a cool little animated thing after I had fun making the Vinny/Bakalar Beastcast gif.

And that is the story of the Pope gif.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan's got a real Muir-esque smile there in that banner.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Thanks for sharing the story behind your epic Space Pizza gif. It seemed like the most random thing ever; in a really good way. Your art style fits so well with GB and friend's shenanigans.

@zombiepie I have been meaning to read your Final Fantasy blogs for some time now, but am really intimidated since they are soooooo long and to be frank, I don't like Final Fantasy. However, now knowing they involve the breaking of a man's soul, I'm going to read them. As always, thanks for writing up the spotlight every week; always look forward to it. Also thanks to Marino for putting it up on the front page.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@pimblycharles: My pleasure! The creative process is always really fascinating. For me it's mainly "I have this dumb idea, lets spend several hours on it" and then I'm done and I think "man this was a dumb idea that no one beyond this website will even get..."

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Here's me crossing my fingers that @marino doesn't try to screw me over with the article deck this week.