The Community Spotlight - 08/15/2014

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Special Thanks to @humanity for this Work of Art!
Special Thanks to @humanity for this Work of Art!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! The end of Summer draws neigh with many of you already starting school, or better yet simply continuing the drudgery of work. Well don't fear as PAX Prime is right around the corner! For those you wondering the Giant Bomb panel is Saturday, August 30th, at 8:00 pm. Alex will also be a panelist on the 404ing It Panel on Sunday, August 31st, at 7:30 pm. Vinny is still narrating promos for the TV Guide Network and this week members discovered his promo for "Dating Naked." Yup. ScaryMask on Tumblr is the person behind the Drobot Callin' Animated Bombcast video and he's taking suggestions for a new Animated Bombcast on Tumblr. With that let's get on with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight!

Clip of the Week

Should Brad Shoemaker have doubted the authenticity of the screams for the P.T. trailer during Gamescom? Fantana doesn't think so:

Community Activities

• MASSIVE CHALICE: Ryan Davis Tribute Bloodline! Provide Input for Double Fine to Create an In-Game Tribute to Ryan Over Here!
  • Extra Life 2014 Giant Bomb Team - Play Games, Heal Kids - Join the Effort to Raise Money for Kid By Heading Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Give a round of applause to @bobafettjm for doing some great work on the Pac-Man Dash! page, and Degeki Bunko page has had some great work done on it. Speaking of the wiki Jeff would like to remind all wiki editors that parodies and unlicensed appearances do NOT count as a character appearance on our database.

Best of Blogs

The top blog this week comes from LtSquigs who theorizes on the types and classifications of modern and old Roguelikes. Marino has a new PAX Guide, and KoolAid defends the concept of "Free to Play" games from the perspective of an iOS/mobile game developer. lou_chou defends Silent Hills' use of Jump Scare Moments, and the concept in general; whereas dusker extrapolates on why Silent Hills does not look like the Silent Hill game he wants on a modern system. Mento continues his retrospective of the previous generation of console games with a new Comic Commish, on the flip-side IcyEyes announces some big artistic changes coming to Giant Bomb Jammers on his latest Dev Log. GunstarRed "honored" Osamu Tezuka by playing a questionable Astro Boy game while also extolled the virtues of Blood Will Tell. Sackmanjones shares the "dark side" of Dota, including the negative impact the game has had on his personal life. AlisterCat returns to his retrospective of the Ace Attorney franchise with a detailed look at the wacky legal system in the game, and similarly cottoneUD continues his Let's Play of Persona 4 Golden with a new batch of pictures. Speaking of picture blog Let's Plays smcn has a new edition of his 999 blog series. Tarfuin played and completed Batman: Arkham Origins and he shares his thoughts on the game, whereas noahtheboa999 talks about his foray into World of Warcraft inspired by Dan. thapinguino keeps up his track record of providing dual blogs with one Baby Deep look on the "Protect Girls" ability in FF9 as well as a traditional Deep Look on Legend of Legaia. MisterBananaFoam returns to his blog series re-examining the first Jak and Daxter game. Finally bobafettjm has another update on his awesome work on the Giant Bomb wiki, and bonbolapti shares his failed attempts at beating Titan in FFXIV Online.

Fantastic Forums

Special thanks go to citizenarcane for creating a website that chronicles every single ridiculous thing that has exited Dan's mouth, and he's taking suggestions on the thread linked below. Fobwashed has created a "Waiting Room" for impending live streams and anything that appears on the "Coming Up on Giant Bomb" tab. Hailinel wants you to join him in discussing the prospect of a female Link, as well as the event schedule for PAX Prime 2014. Speaking of Link do have you ever wondered why Link usually starts out sleeping during the introductions of a lot of Legend of Zelda games? Well join the speculation and theory thread about that exact topic! Wrestling stuff is on the site and I have no idea what it's about...something about trading cards. Finally have you ever formed long term friendships thanks to online gaming? Share you stories on the thread.

Lovable Lists

TechnoSyndrome (formerly known as taku128) shares his "pile of shame" with a list featuring the greatest games he has never played. Finally look at this nerd "MB," and all of the old D&D games he likes.

Useful User Reviews

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Thanks, ZP.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bboymaestro

I can't wait to crack into that Dan Ryckert Says the Darndest Things forum!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Welp, since notifications are once again fucking boned, I must manually bring to your attention this list thing I done did!

/sigh.. goddamnit, Giant Bomb.

Also.. who is technosyndrome and how did you even come to find his list in the first place?? EDIT: Nevermind, his whole profile just sorta appeared. For a time it was all a blank besides the list.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

Thanks, ZombiePie!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 thatpinguino  Moderator

Thanks Zombie Pie!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZombiePie  Staff

@mooseymcman: @thatpinguino: @hailinel: Thank you all for the kind words!

@yummylee said:

Welp, since notifications are once again fucking boned, I must manually bring to your attention this list thing I done did!

/sigh.. goddamnit, Giant Bomb.

Also.. who is technosyndrome and how did you even come to find his list in the first place?? EDIT: Nevermind, his whole profile just sorta appeared. For a time it was all a blank besides the list.

So two things: 1) Yeah.... and 2) @technosyndrome is formerly taku128, or at least I think that is what he told me.

Also if @aurahack publishes his bullshit anime fanart on the site I may just suffer an aneurysm.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#7  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@zombiepie: @yummylee Yeah, I'm me! I mean, I'm Taku128! I had Rorie change my username over the weekend because I'd transitioned to this new one everywhere but here, and had been squatting on the TechnoSyndrome account since before they were even allowing name changes. There's been a few hiccups with stuff changing over for some reason. Also the list linked is under my old username, which is confusing. Dunno why it still works, changing the username in the URL takes you to the same list on my current profile.

_Mattallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZombiePie  Staff
jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope! Thanks very much ZombiePie, as always I'm super flattered!

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#11 Mento  Moderator

Hoo boy, I forgot I front-loaded the week with some stuff so, uh... here's one, two, three blogs and a list.

Wouldn't it be amazing if, after some three hundred or so pieces of content, I said I wasn't okay with any of it appearing on the Spotlight? It's cool, go ahead.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest Spotlight is up now over here.