Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always, and Summer is slowly but surely coming to an end. If you are a premium subscriber give the official Giant Bomb Wrestling Discussion podcast, The Power Bombcast, a listen to. If not here's a brief clip of the podcast to give you an idea of what you are missing out on. If you have artistic talent our very own Patrick Klepek wants user created art to be the banner for the new "Bombin' in the A.M. With Scoops and the Wolf" podcast. Oh yea, notifications are back in action! With that let's get on with the Community Spotlight:
Clip of the Week
Fellow community moderator @pseg has been going steady with with efforts to be good at iRacing. Here's his video of the latest community race for the game. If you like what you see feel free to join the madness, I mean the racing league for the game here. Does this Spotlight have an agenda? Well yes, they all do.
- Official Giant Bomb GTA V Crews (360 / PS3) - Get Ready for GTA V Online Over Here!
- Humble Bundle Key Trading and Gifting Thread - Trade or Giveaway Your unWanted Humble Bundle Key Over Here!
- Melbourne Australia Board Game Meetup - Sign up for this Community Board Game Match Over Here!
- Fantasy Football, ESPN Giant Bomb League - Join the Legaue Here!
- Shoemaker's Army Steam Group - Join the Steam Group for New Players Here!
DuckTales and Gone Home are the big releases this week with informative wiki pages. Games for Windows Live is dead, much to the delight of many PC gamers so I guess check out our wiki page for teh service for the last time.
Best of Blogs
PAX Prime is looming and that means Marino has another PAX Survival Guide for newcomers and veterans of PAX alike. Gamer_152 tackles the thorny issue of repetition in MMORPGs and fox01313 talks about Wizardy Online and what it's like. Fobwashed made his own Picross game and you can read about the development process. SgtSphynx discusses how Go Home impacted him emotionally, whereas Artie defends why he thinks Go Home isn't worth its price of admission. buzz_clik got the Salty Bet bug, but takes the time to explain why he thinks it's no different from a masocore game. Granheaslip pontificates upon why he is not a fan of Rayman Origins, and Video_Game_King played two bad game from the 90's. Machofantastico spent over +50 hours with Dota 2 and has his thoughts of the game thus far. Mento has his monthly MS Paint webcomic for your enjoyment. Soulharvester45 and YukoAsho both have blogged about Microsoft's continual flip flopping. Granderojo explains why fans of Hotline Miami and the new wave of roguelikes should give Teleglitch a try, and animasta shares his play through with Europa Universalis as Finland. ArbitraryWater blogs about KIngdoms of Amalur and Quest for Glory, but you'll have to read his blog to find out which one he actually liked. wemibelec90 felt that Papers, Please struck a cord with him and explains why. MooseyMcMan knocked a slew of games form his backlog and Astonish sides with Brad about hos graphics aren't as mind blowing as they use to be. Finally MMMman wonders where video game violence will be going in the next generation and daneian talks about his recent play through with Super Mario World.
- Marino's PAX Guide v3.5 (By: @marino)
- Repetitive Gameplay and MMORPGs (By: @gamer_152)
- I Made a Picross Game =) (By: @fobwashed)
- An Introspective Look that Stemmed from a Video Game. (Go Home Spoilers) (By: @sgtsphynx)
- The Price You Pay and Gone Home (By: @artie)
- Salty Bet: Masocore Metagame (By: @buzz_clik)
- Games I've Played: Rayman Origins (By: @grantheaslip)
- A List of Reasons Why it isn't the 90s Anymore (By: @video_game_king)
- My Life and Times in Dota 2 (By: @machofantastico)
- The Comic Commish - August '13 (By: @mento)
- Why I'm Still Skeptical of Microsoft and the Xbox One (By: @soulharvester45)
- Constant Revision: The Amazing Adventures of the Xbone (By: @yukoasho)
- Teleglitch: A Petrified Rogue (By: @granderojo)
- Europa Universalis 4 Day One: FINLAND YO (By: @animasta)
- ArbitraryWater Versus Generic Fantasy Games (By: @arbitrarywater)
- The Emotional Impact of Papers, Please (By: @wemibelec90)
- Blog Blog Blog: More Hot, New Releases (By: @mooseymcman)
- Jumping into the Pool of a Variety of MMORPGs to See What They're Like & Thoughts (By: @fox01313)
- The Undiscovered Country (or "Brad, please be excited") (By: @astonish)
- Video Game Violence Should be More Violent. Or Not at All, Really. No? (By: @mmmman)
- A Super Mario World: Exploring Dinosaur Land Through Play (By: @daneian)
What do your custom Saints Row IV characer look like? Post pictures of your character on the Inauguration Station thread. StarvingGamer has early access to SolForge and if you have any questions about the game ask them on his "Ask Me About..." thread. Tireyo has done a jukebox of anime music this week. Share your thoughts about the endings to Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Papers, Please as well as your thoughts about Payday 2 on top of that if you feel inclined to do so.
- Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Thread (By: @kevinthedeviant)
- Ask Me about SolForge (By: @starvinggamer)
- The Anime Jukebox (By: @tireyo, @AgentJ, @CloudEnvy)
- Payday 2 - Impressions Thread (By: @falserelic)
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Ending Discussion Thread (By: @jasonr86)
- How Did Your First Try at Papers, Please End? (Ending Spoilers) (By: @bisonhero)
Mento this week has a list of games with clowns in them...how horrifying, no? drath has updated his list of games that feature surviving in the wilderness with plenty of new examples of the trope. believer258 on the other hand has a list of games that he has for his laptop.
- Clownloadable Games (By: @mento)
- Wilderness Survival Games (By: @drath)
- Games That I Play on my Laptop (By: @believer258)
Useful User Reviews
- @machofantastico's user review of Spelunky
- @masterherox's review of Pikmin 3
- @eden_tier's user review of Tales of Xillia
- @sgtsphynx's user review of Gone Home
- @wemibelec90's user review of Gone Home
- @jabbawocky's user review of DuckTales: Remastered