The Community Spotlight - 08/16/2013

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Special Thanks to b0nd07 for the Banner!
Special Thanks to b0nd07 for the Banner!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always, and Summer is slowly but surely coming to an end. If you are a premium subscriber give the official Giant Bomb Wrestling Discussion podcast, The Power Bombcast, a listen to. If not here's a brief clip of the podcast to give you an idea of what you are missing out on. If you have artistic talent our very own Patrick Klepek wants user created art to be the banner for the new "Bombin' in the A.M. With Scoops and the Wolf" podcast. Oh yea, notifications are back in action! With that let's get on with the Community Spotlight:

Clip of the Week

Fellow community moderator @pseg has been going steady with with efforts to be good at iRacing. Here's his video of the latest community race for the game. If you like what you see feel free to join the madness, I mean the racing league for the game here. Does this Spotlight have an agenda? Well yes, they all do.

Community Activities

• Official Giant Bomb GTA V Crews (360 / PS3) - Get Ready for GTA V Online Over Here!
  • Humble Bundle Key Trading and Gifting Thread - Trade or Giveaway Your unWanted Humble Bundle Key Over Here!
  • Melbourne Australia Board Game Meetup - Sign up for this Community Board Game Match Over Here!
  • Fantasy Football, ESPN Giant Bomb League - Join the Legaue Here!
  • Shoemaker's Army Steam Group - Join the Steam Group for New Players Here!

Wonderful Wikis

DuckTales and Gone Home are the big releases this week with informative wiki pages. Games for Windows Live is dead, much to the delight of many PC gamers so I guess check out our wiki page for teh service for the last time.

Best of Blogs

PAX Prime is looming and that means Marino has another PAX Survival Guide for newcomers and veterans of PAX alike. Gamer_152 tackles the thorny issue of repetition in MMORPGs and fox01313 talks about Wizardy Online and what it's like. Fobwashed made his own Picross game and you can read about the development process. SgtSphynx discusses how Go Home impacted him emotionally, whereas Artie defends why he thinks Go Home isn't worth its price of admission. buzz_clik got the Salty Bet bug, but takes the time to explain why he thinks it's no different from a masocore game. Granheaslip pontificates upon why he is not a fan of Rayman Origins, and Video_Game_King played two bad game from the 90's. Machofantastico spent over +50 hours with Dota 2 and has his thoughts of the game thus far. Mento has his monthly MS Paint webcomic for your enjoyment. Soulharvester45 and YukoAsho both have blogged about Microsoft's continual flip flopping. Granderojo explains why fans of Hotline Miami and the new wave of roguelikes should give Teleglitch a try, and animasta shares his play through with Europa Universalis as Finland. ArbitraryWater blogs about KIngdoms of Amalur and Quest for Glory, but you'll have to read his blog to find out which one he actually liked. wemibelec90 felt that Papers, Please struck a cord with him and explains why. MooseyMcMan knocked a slew of games form his backlog and Astonish sides with Brad about hos graphics aren't as mind blowing as they use to be. Finally MMMman wonders where video game violence will be going in the next generation and daneian talks about his recent play through with Super Mario World.

Fantastic Forums

What do your custom Saints Row IV characer look like? Post pictures of your character on the Inauguration Station thread. StarvingGamer has early access to SolForge and if you have any questions about the game ask them on his "Ask Me About..." thread. Tireyo has done a jukebox of anime music this week. Share your thoughts about the endings to Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Papers, Please as well as your thoughts about Payday 2 on top of that if you feel inclined to do so.

Lovable Lists

Mento this week has a list of games with clowns in them...how horrifying, no? drath has updated his list of games that feature surviving in the wilderness with plenty of new examples of the trope. believer258 on the other hand has a list of games that he has for his laptop.

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 ZombiePie  Staff

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

@rorie is Going to Make Me Obsolete!
@rorie is Going to Make Me Obsolete!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Oh man. That laptop list was still something of a work in progress. EDIT: I'm not complaining or saying that you should take it down, just that I was planning on adding more stuff to it.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#3 sgtsphynx  Moderator  Online

Hey @zombiepie, would a list I am compiling of games I've beaten this year be fitting for these spotlights or would it be better saved for an end of the year one? It is still a work in progress obviously.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

I feel like I'm missing something super simple. What rhymes with -ite??

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Loading Video...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blight, kite, lite, night, fight, sight, knight, bite, right, rite, magnetite, tight, site, cite, flight, bite, height, wight...

I could go on.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fobwashed
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@fobwashed said:

Blight, kite, lite, night, fight, sight, knight, bite, right, rite, magnetite, tight, site, cite, flight, bite, height, wight...

I could go on.

Night and Spotlight seem the more obvious choices.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: @video_game_king: I don't know what to say.

Thanks?

I actually don't know what you were referring to when you said you were missing something. Though, admittedly, It's late and I haven't paid much attention to anything in this thread.

@believer258 said:

@fobwashed said:

I could go on.

I got night. I missed light and spotlight, but whatever. That's why I said "I could go on".

bgdiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By bgdiner

What a jam-packed Community Spotlight. This is probably the best one I've seen in a while, just in terms of sheer content and quality.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fobwashed

@believer258 said:

@fobwashed said:

I could go on.

I was referring to the tweet posted in the first comment by ZombiePie. And You're right VGK, it musta been "spotlight". This is why you are king and I'm not =)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12 chaser324  Moderator
Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Lord_Xp

Thank you for including Shoemakers Army in here again! I appreciate it!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZombiePie  Staff
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers