The Community Spotlight - 08/23/2013

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Many Thanks to ScreamingGhost for the Banner!
Many Thanks to ScreamingGhost for the Banner!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always and we have video games this week! Actual games worth talking about! Anyways this week is PAX, meaning that the staff will be gone and away from the site mid-week. As such Unprofessional Fridays is cancelled for this week. For those that don't know the site engineers are working with the GameSpot engineers to make both sites amazing. Here's Alexis's hint as to how the GameSpot relaunch is going to look like. Brad finally has finished Devil May Cry, but where were you when he lost his shit? Well with that let's get the Spotlight started!

Clips of the Week

I have more clips than I could have ever hoped for. We have the return of the Animated Giant Bomb video clips, an animated rendition of the "Ready to Ride" moment from the Bombcast, and some Unprofessional Fridays madness. All good stuff to say the least!

Community Activities

• Splinter Cell Blacklist Spies vs. Mercs Friends List - Hook Up With Other Users Here!
  • Divekick - Steam/PSN Friends List - Play Online With Fellow Users By Heading Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Games are coming out everyone! Do you want to know the amazing thing about our wiki page for Divekick? It's a better explanation of the characters and mechanics in the game than the actual tutorial! Where is Dave Lang now?

Best of Blogs

Despite being "bad at fighting games" perfidioussinn decided to give Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 a shot, and addfwyn did the same with the Hearthstone Beta. GrantHeaslip has started a new blog series discussing the good and bad of Final Fantasy XIII-2. BigHeart711 shares a Japanese card game that he recently played, and Video_Game_King has another blog discussing the merits of two games you probably have never heard of. lethalk11ler actually went to Gamescom and details all of the demos he did and didn't get to play. GunstarRed explains why he think The Wonderful 101 is equal parts wonderful and equal parts frustrating controls, whereas ArbitraryWater has the challenge of explaining the insanity of Bayonetta. CornBREDX, Asmo917, and granderojo all share their spoiler filled thoughts about Gone Home and you can join the emotional gravy train on their blogs. LordofUltima breaks down how you to can do your own speedrun of Castlevania III using Trevor. after having finally sunk in 100+ hours into Borderlands 2 machofantastico has his final impressions of the game. Mento takes females in video games but add some humor when talking about the ways female protagonists are utilized in video games. Finally, Gamer_152 defends Super Mario 2.

Fantastic Forums

The "hero" of the week easily is LackingSaint, the creator of the latest Giant Bomb animated ass seen above. Take the time to tell him if you liked his clip or not. ScreaminGhost created the Nighthawks cross Giant Bomb banner as seen on this week's Spotlight as well and you can have Wallpaper version on his forum topic. If you have been playing Divekick talk about your main character. If you got in the FFXIV open beta discuss that as well. Finally, if you are one of the many users that has completed Gone Home join the discussion about the game and talk about your favorite moments in it.

Lovable Lists

List master Mento is on twice, once for talking about birds in video games and another time for taking the time to detail all of the JRPGs he has played. TurboMan takes up Brad's challenge and lists all of the games he thinks are better than Brothers. Finally C0V3RT has his video game bucket list.

Useful User Reviews

Potent User Created Podcasts

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Glad to see Europa IV get a user review. I've been curious about that. Nice work, @animasta!

Sinnott147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

That 3rd clip is amazing.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm sorry if this has been brought up somewhere else, but is there anywhere I can find that bar drawing in 1080p wallpaper size?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

Woo! this is like the first time I've made it onto one of these without it being some end of year list kind of thing. I have updated a little since yesterday and continue to be both in love and frustrated by The Wonderful 101.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZombiePie  Staff
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

That banner at the top is pretty great, as is the clip from Unprofessional Fridays.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

You're really good about catching my work usually without me ever even expecting it to get wide exposure, but I put a lot of effort into this essay on Christine Love's new game, Hate Plus, so for once, I'm just gonna make sure you have a record of it existing over here. Carry on, ZombiePastry!

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the shout about my animation, man! And can I just say the Ready To Ride clip is absolutely superb, i'm really kind of tempted to do something with that Bombcast clip..

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZombiePie  Staff
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#10  Edited By Brackynews

Unpro..*BOOM*

/thumbsup

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Congrats everyone!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm almost done with Avan Hardins page, but it's ready for ZB's list of awesome wiki pages.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#16 Mento  Moderator

Blog/list. I'm never sure if I need to drop anything here after I've already gotten one of your shoutouts, but I hope it helps anyway.

I'm envious of folk heading to (or, I suppose, already there at) PAX. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of PAX blogs next week.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Keep running into duders who have not played Gods Will Be Watching. If only they would check out the wiki page! Also I got the main dude who made the game to check out the page and sign off on the accuracy. pretty cool right?

..right?

guys?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZombiePie  Staff

Keep running into duders who have not played Gods Will Be Watching. If only they would check out the wiki page! Also I got the main dude who made the game to check out the page and sign off on the accuracy. pretty cool right?

..right?

guys?

Sounds like a major accomplishment on your part, good work!

Alright so I have @piqued_interest@hailinel@machofantastico@skullcrushermountain@thepickle@pseg@atary77@grantheaslip@vincentvendetta@librariangmr@mmmman@aurahack@_brojangles_@mooseymcman@pezen@turboman@flstyle for the next Spotlight! Keep up the good work and there's still time to get your stuff on the next Spotlight as well.

_Mattallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude said:

..right?

guys?

Sounds like a major accomplishment on your part, good work!

Alright so I have @piqued_interest@hailinel@machofantastico@skullcrushermountain@thepickle@pseg@atary77@grantheaslip@vincentvendetta@librariangmr@mmmman@aurahack@_brojangles_@mooseymcman@pezen@turboman@flstyle for the next Spotlight! Keep up the good work and there's still time to get your stuff on the next Spotlight as well.

Wait. What did I do?

librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest spotlight is up now over here.