Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always and we have video games this week! Actual games worth talking about! Anyways this week is PAX, meaning that the staff will be gone and away from the site mid-week. As such Unprofessional Fridays is cancelled for this week. For those that don't know the site engineers are working with the GameSpot engineers to make both sites amazing. Here's Alexis's hint as to how the GameSpot relaunch is going to look like. Brad finally has finished Devil May Cry, but where were you when he lost his shit? Well with that let's get the Spotlight started!
Clips of the Week
I have more clips than I could have ever hoped for. We have the return of the Animated Giant Bomb video clips, an animated rendition of the "Ready to Ride" moment from the Bombcast, and some Unprofessional Fridays madness. All good stuff to say the least!
- Splinter Cell Blacklist Spies vs. Mercs Friends List - Hook Up With Other Users Here!
- Divekick - Steam/PSN Friends List - Play Online With Fellow Users By Heading Over Here!
Games are coming out everyone! Do you want to know the amazing thing about our wiki page for Divekick? It's a better explanation of the characters and mechanics in the game than the actual tutorial! Where is Dave Lang now?
Best of Blogs
Despite being "bad at fighting games" perfidioussinn decided to give Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 a shot, and addfwyn did the same with the Hearthstone Beta. GrantHeaslip has started a new blog series discussing the good and bad of Final Fantasy XIII-2. BigHeart711 shares a Japanese card game that he recently played, and Video_Game_King has another blog discussing the merits of two games you probably have never heard of. lethalk11ler actually went to Gamescom and details all of the demos he did and didn't get to play. GunstarRed explains why he think The Wonderful 101 is equal parts wonderful and equal parts frustrating controls, whereas ArbitraryWater has the challenge of explaining the insanity of Bayonetta. CornBREDX, Asmo917, and granderojo all share their spoiler filled thoughts about Gone Home and you can join the emotional gravy train on their blogs. LordofUltima breaks down how you to can do your own speedrun of Castlevania III using Trevor. after having finally sunk in 100+ hours into Borderlands 2 machofantastico has his final impressions of the game. Mento takes females in video games but add some humor when talking about the ways female protagonists are utilized in video games. Finally, Gamer_152 defends Super Mario 2.
- I Suck At Fighting Games: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (By: @perfidioussinn)
- Hearthstone Beta Impressions (By: @addfwyn)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 Part 3: Difficulty Woes, Cutscenes Bumming Me Out [Part 2: Story Impressions and Music] (By: @grantheaslip)
- Absolute Destiny Whatever: Kill Witches, Get Mermaids! (By: @bigheart711)
- So I Went to Gamescom (Day One) (By: @lethalki11ler)
- Smacking Them Balls Around (By: @video_game_king)
- The Wonderful 101 is Pretty Wonderful (and Equally Frustrating!) (By: @gunstarred)
- I Probably Played Video Games This Week and Now I Am Going to Write About Them (By: @arbitrarywater)
- Thinking Back on Gone Home (Spoiler Warning!) (By: @cornbredx)
- CV3: Speedrun Guide (Trevor-only) (By:@lordofultima)
- Borderlands 2: A 100+ Hours Later (By: @machofantastico)
- Mainlining Heroines (By: @mento)
- In Defense of Super Mario Bros. 2 (By: @gamer_152)
- On Gone Home (By: @asmo917)
- F*cking Lonnie: Gone Home (By: @granderojo)
The "hero" of the week easily is LackingSaint, the creator of the latest Giant Bomb animated ass seen above. Take the time to tell him if you liked his clip or not. ScreaminGhost created the Nighthawks cross Giant Bomb banner as seen on this week's Spotlight as well and you can have Wallpaper version on his forum topic. If you have been playing Divekick talk about your main character. If you got in the FFXIV open beta discuss that as well. Finally, if you are one of the many users that has completed Gone Home join the discussion about the game and talk about your favorite moments in it.
- GiantBomb Animated: A Real Man's Drink (By: @lackingsaint)
- Nighthawks - The Giant Bomb Edition Wallpaper Set (By: @screamingghost)
- Who's Your Divekick Main, and What's Your Button Layout? (By: @demoskinos)
- Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta Impressions (By: @killerclaw)
- Favorite Moments in Gone Home? (By: @encephalon)
List master Mento is on twice, once for talking about birds in video games and another time for taking the time to detail all of the JRPGs he has played. TurboMan takes up Brad's challenge and lists all of the games he thinks are better than Brothers. Finally C0V3RT has his video game bucket list.
- Japanese Role Playing Games: I've Played a Few More (By: @mento)
- 2013 Games that Might be Better Than Brothers: A Tale of Two Souls (By: @turboman)
- Ornithophilia (By: @mento)
- My Bucket List (By: @c0v3rt)
Useful User Reviews
- @animasta's user review of Europa Universalis IV
- @morecowbell24's user review of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
- @morecowbell24's user review of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
- @enchantedecho's user review of Papers, Please
- @domstercool's user review of Soul Sacrifice