Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always and for this week the staff are having fun at PAX Prime! If your at the convention, what are you doing reading this article?! Also try to find Rorie, because he's giving all sorts of gifts to people who can complete his challenges. For anyone that isn't at PAX Prime, don't worry! Rorie is handing out surplus coupons and codes for the Giant Bomb Store over here. Fr fans of the technical side of things the engineers and developers plan on returning to processing your API requests and ideas once the GameSpot re-design is released which should be around the beginning of October. There's a fun, but unexpected treat for sharp eyed users on the Bldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition website. Sports fans can also watch a Vine video review for Madden 25 by Alex. Finally the VMAs happened...and if you want to read one of the greatest rants about Miley Cyrus's performance check out Jeff's Tumblr about it. With that let's get on to with the Spotlight!
Clip of the Week
TurboMan is back with another excellent edition of his Best of Giant Bomb video series! Less talk and more seagull!
- Labor Day iRacing Community Race - Set for Sept. 2nd 10 AM PDT (5 PM GMT) - Sign Up Here!
- ArmA III Community Online Co-Op Session - Saturday @ 4 PM EST - Get the Details Here!
- Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn - Official Giant Bomb Company - Join the Guild Here!
Great work has been recently done on both the Gods Will Be Watching and Avan Hardins pages. Uwe Boll hate Obama. Lost Planet 3 is the big game of the week and Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn defies expectations by coming out and having a massively detailed wiki page.
Best of Blogs
The blog of the week goes to Pepsiman for yet another dissertation, but this one about the sue of language and characters in Hate Plus. Menace to society Video_Game_King is celebrating his birthday this week and gives you a gift in the form of a video review of The Faces of Evil. Hailinel played some vocaloid horseshit, but explains why Project Diva F isn't the next attempt at Hastune Miku's inevitable take over of all of humanity. Asmo917 is at PAX Prime, and has a blog about his first day on the show floor. PsEG continues to share his foray in iRacing, including what it's to host the iRacing events, whereas do_the_manta_ray breaks down the stresses and hardships of hosting the recent Dota 2 community tournament. GranHeaslip continues to chug along with Final Fantasy XIII-2, and talks about why he still thinks the game is too easy, on that note Mento continues to look at TurboGrafx games with Bloody Wolf as his featured game this week. MMMman has some initial thoughts on the panned game, Remember Me, and talks about why it's a game with great ideas. MooseyMcMan talks about the disparate insanity of Divekick and Siants Row IV, similarly FLYStyle discusses his difficulties with Divekick online as a Mr. N player. Pezen having completed Gone Home explains why he's perfect fine with more short games with smaller scopes and more narrow foci. With Brad having recently completed the first Devil may Cry ArbitraryWater took up the challeneg of explaining exactly why Devil May Cry 2 is a bad game. Finally, Egge shares his attempts of taking on Splinter Cell: Blacklist's horde mode on highest difficulty setting using only a taser gun.
- Hanmun, Hangul, and Humanism: Why Chinese Characters are a Big Deal in Hate Plus (By: @pepsiman)
- The Anniversary of the King's Glorious Birth Has Come Once Again (By: @video_game_king)
- Project Diva F: My Rhythm Game Savior (By: @hailinel)
- PAX Prime - Day One (By: @asmo917)
- iStart a League of Our Own – iRacing Battle Log, Day 97 (By: @pseg)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 Part 4: Still too Easy (By: @grantheaslip)
- Initial Thoughts on Remember Me (By: @mmmman)
- The TurboMento-12: Bloody Wolf (By: @mento)
- Madness Incarnate: Divekick and Saints Row IV (By: @mooseymcman)
- Please Give Me Shorter Or More Focused Games (By: @pezen)
- "That's broken!" Playing Divekick Part 1 - Enter Mr. N (By: @flstyle)
- I Play Old, Bad Games (Devil May Cry 2) (By: @arbitrarywater)
- The Crying Game (By: @egge)
- The Times are a-Changin' (Giant Bomb DOTA Tournament and "thoughts") (By: @do_the_manta_ray)
We now have a staff .gif compendium! It's amazing to think that we didn't have one until now when you think about it. VincentVendetta wants you to join him in creating Criteron Collection inspire Quick Look and Bombastica box art. johe0 had the cojones to cosplay as the Giant Bomb logo at a convention he went to, so give props where props are due. Finally join the Giant Bomb DivekickTier List and strategy group in discussing the merits and weakness of each of the Divekick characters.
- Giant Bomb .Gif Compendium (By: @aegon)
- Encyclopedia Bombastica Game Covers (By: @vincentvendetta)
- Giant Bomb Cosplay or A Day With a Bomb Head (By: @johe0)
- Divekick Tier Lists and Character Weaknesses (By: @turboman)
List maestro Mento has humorous ideas for the sequel to Gone Home, Gone Home 2: Electric Boogaloo, on his list. _brojangles_ looks back on the video game things and people that freaked him out when he was a kid. Finally ThePickle is creating a list of ever game that has been featured on Unprofessional Fridays. Help him fill out the blanks and nail the dates to every game on his list.
- Games Featured on Unprofessional Fridays (By: @thepickle)
- Things That Scare(ed) Me to Death (By: @_brojangles_)
- Gone Home Redux (By: @mento)
Useful User Reviews
- @piqued_interest's user review of Hate Plus: ~Mute’s Golden Days~
- @machofantastico's user review of Saints Row IV
- @atary77's user review of Rise of the Triad
- @librariangmr's user review of DuckTales: Remastered
- @aurahack's user review of DJ Max Ray