The Community Spotlight - 08/04/2011 (Starlet Included!)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! As we watch another week pass it is time to recognize the Birthdays of a few Giant Bomb notables. Jeff turned 36 this week and Ryan's brother also celebrated his birthday but the Community blessed him with a photoshop thread. A new month means there's a new Wiki Task Initiative, and the theme for this month is Ninjas! Finally Giant Bomb and to certain extent Whiskey media has been hit with Mustache madness! Not only that but Giant bomb has been hit with yet another cheap knockoff clone site! As you are likely up in arms with this news how about I calm you all down with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Starlet!

Community Starlet: Claude

When thinking of the beginning of time two things come to mind: the Big Bang and Claude. Since man has existed Claude has been there to offer his sagely advice to all that need it and defend the Wii against all that oppose it. Even against our very own Jeff. For that reason he is this weeks Community Starlet.

Recently Claude has hit the milestone of surpassing 10,000 forum posts, a feat which only a handful of members have achieved. He even wrote a blog about this momentous occasion which manages to incorporate his sweet, sweet beard. If you've ever run across Claude in the forums you'll know that, for better or for worse, he will always speak what's on his mind and will tell it like it is. Going through his older blogs is like reading the diary of a madman, an entertaining madman though.

Apart from his antics on the boards, Claude also has quite a few lists that are worth viewing. Some of the more notable ones are The Real Citizen Kane's of Gaming, The Top 9 Claudes and the fittingly bizarre EGM #112 November 1998 N64 Reviews because, you know, Claude. On the wiki side of things the old man hasn't made too many edits but he has spent some time on the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 page back when Tiger was allowed to be on the cover on his own.

Once again lets congratulate Claude and his beard on being this weeks Starlet and remember to give your recommendations for the future Starlets.

This Starlet was brought to you by mracoon.

Noble Notables

• Giant Bomb Community 3rd Strike GGPO Tournament - Set for August 13th - Sign up HERE!

• Giant Bomb Community Xonotic Hookup and Help Thread - Check it out Over HERE!

• Vito's Game Giveaway #32! 8 New Games! - Ends Thursday, August 11th - Try to Win Some Free Games Over HERE!

Wonderful Wikis

Fantastic Forums/Best of Blogs

Lovable Lists

User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter@GiantBombSquad.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! As we watch another week pass it is time to recognize the Birthdays of a few Giant Bomb notables. Jeff turned 36 this week and Ryan's brother also celebrated his birthday but the Community blessed him with a photoshop thread. A new month means there's a new Wiki Task Initiative, and the theme for this month is Ninjas! Finally Giant Bomb and to certain extent Whiskey media has been hit with Mustache madness! Not only that but Giant bomb has been hit with yet another cheap knockoff clone site! As you are likely up in arms with this news how about I calm you all down with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Starlet!

Community Starlet: Claude

When thinking of the beginning of time two things come to mind: the Big Bang and Claude. Since man has existed Claude has been there to offer his sagely advice to all that need it and defend the Wii against all that oppose it. Even against our very own Jeff. For that reason he is this weeks Community Starlet.

Recently Claude has hit the milestone of surpassing 10,000 forum posts, a feat which only a handful of members have achieved. He even wrote a blog about this momentous occasion which manages to incorporate his sweet, sweet beard. If you've ever run across Claude in the forums you'll know that, for better or for worse, he will always speak what's on his mind and will tell it like it is. Going through his older blogs is like reading the diary of a madman, an entertaining madman though.

Apart from his antics on the boards, Claude also has quite a few lists that are worth viewing. Some of the more notable ones are The Real Citizen Kane's of Gaming, The Top 9 Claudes and the fittingly bizarre EGM #112 November 1998 N64 Reviews because, you know, Claude. On the wiki side of things the old man hasn't made too many edits but he has spent some time on the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 page back when Tiger was allowed to be on the cover on his own.

Once again lets congratulate Claude and his beard on being this weeks Starlet and remember to give your recommendations for the future Starlets.

This Starlet was brought to you by mracoon.

Noble Notables

• Giant Bomb Community 3rd Strike GGPO Tournament - Set for August 13th - Sign up HERE!

• Giant Bomb Community Xonotic Hookup and Help Thread - Check it out Over HERE!

• Vito's Game Giveaway #32! 8 New Games! - Ends Thursday, August 11th - Try to Win Some Free Games Over HERE!

Wonderful Wikis

Fantastic Forums/Best of Blogs

Lovable Lists

User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter@GiantBombSquad.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#2  Edited By bobafettjm

Awesome, Kyatto Ninden Teyandee got featured. I also enjoyed reading through the Cyber Shinobi page as now I know more about it without having to play it myself.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Good stuff. And Claude was an excellent pick for starlet. :D

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Congrats to Claude! 

Good work, ZombiePie.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Given nintendoeat's The Killer blog, I'm surprised that you didn't make a Pol Pot reference. Also, there's no effing way that Jeff is 26.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Claude

I always thought of myself as more of a whore, but a Starlet will do. Thanks ZombiePie and to the powers that be. Live long and prosper Giant Bomb.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Hizang

Claudes pretty awesome, thats such a sweet ass beard.

My review for Shadows of the Damned is pretty great..

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik

Ha ha! Yay Claude! What a hottie.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By fobwashed

The name Claude makes me think of Guile. Congratumulations Mr C!

And thanks for the nod =) Every week I see this post, I've actually seen at least half the threads listed. The half I haven't seen are like icing on the cake.

Keep it up!

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By kalmis

Yau! My crappy review got an mention.

Well done mr.Beard

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#11  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Alright, back up on the spotlight. My life is complete?

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#12  Edited By Mento  Moderator

@Claude: What did I tell ya? I'm glad at least one of my trio of people who should be starlets got their due.

I wonder if those "pretty people luck out" Mentos commercials ever aired next to the similarly-themed Coca Cola commercials, and if anyone survived the resulting explosion.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

Claude should of been the one to initiate this whole Starlet gig. But better late than never. As for the ongoing starlet hunt, it's kinda looking a little bare. I think the Spotlight has covered a lot of the most notable and obvious picks; maybe GoranP, even though he isn't as active, he still deserves some recognition for that online magazine of his. Or maybe HS21, who's like GB's (or maybe even the entire WM's, considering his ''work'' on anime-vice) own official prankster.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Claude no doubt! Rock on bitches.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude

Does this mean I get to rule over Video_Game_King for a week?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Claude said:

HELL NO!
sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By sirdesmond

@Claude said:

I believe you could be tried for treason for this comment.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Claude

@sirdesmond said:

@Claude said:

I believe you could be tried for treason for this comment.

I'm not afraid. Through the power of my beard, I can turn into the King's most hated enemy.

Satan Claus
Satan Claus
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Claude

I fear you not, impostor. Do you not remember how I slayed Satan Claus nearly two years ago? The old bastard is dead, never again to return into the mortal realm.
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By FLStyle

Thanks for the inclusion, fighting games!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Claude

@Video_Game_King said:

@Claude:

I fear you not, impostor. Do you not remember how I slayed Satan Claus nearly two years ago? The old bastard is dead, never again to return into the mortal realm.

Did I say Satan Claus? My bad, I meant to say your new mortal enemy, Santa Claude.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Claude

Trust me, I've seen worse. You cannot compare to Chickenhead or Girl Beck or....that's pretty much it. They're still more horrifying than you, though.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Dalai

This spotlight pleases me... and I'm not even represented this week.

mixedupzombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By mixedupzombies
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By laserbolts

Congrats Claude you crazy bastard.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Claude

@laserbolts said:

Congrats Claude you crazy bastard.

Haha, thanks.

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By RagingLion

For next week, here's a blog I just finished:  http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/raginglion/an-ode-to-the-stanley-parable/30-84902/

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

Ohh and here's a list I actually put some effort towards; entailing most of the games I can remember from my childhood and plastering them each with a wall O typos. 

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Video_Game_King

As long as we're shamelessly advertising our own lists...and blogs...

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By sirdesmond
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By gamer_152

Great to finally see Claude on the Community Spotlight, it's well-deserved. Oh, and here is my blog from this week.

Avatar image for premieremanatee
PremiereManatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PremiereManatee

claud! wassup man. santa claud it is then. now we can talk it up about some gaming, without annoying the facebook non-gamers, who are probably scrolling through looking for some post that asks them to "re-post if they feel the same way" or whatever. yarr

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Claude

@PremiereManatee said:

claud! wassup man. santa claud it is then. now we can talk it up about some gaming, without annoying the facebook non-gamers, who are probably scrolling through looking for some post that asks them to "re-post if they feel the same way" or whatever. yarr

Haha, good luck. This crowd can be tough. And I'm one of them.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Karl_Boss

Congrats Claude, you old geezer you.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

This Spotlight will also be delayed because I'm actually on vacation. Will it be today or tomorrow? You'll have to wait and see!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Claude

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Congrats Claude, you old geezer you.

Thanks, I had a good week. Made some good polls and nothing was locked or deleted.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By trace
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers