Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am your host as always, and as the ominous launch of new consoles looms near the community keeps on trucking! New code has been pushed on Giant Bomb and Comic Vine to make both sites more stable. Contact @ltsquigs if you are still noticing latency or other quirks. As you all likely are aware of the Giant Bombcast is now sponsored. If you are a premium subscriber an ad free version is available on the Premium podcast portal. If you are having issues with the Premium Podcast feed try using your username, not email when accessing the feed. If you are still having issues post a bug report over here. Finally on a more humorous note, Rap Man is on Rap Genius giving you all a chance to annotate this wonderful composition.
Clip(s) of the Week
Both of the clips of the week go to @pepsiman for taking the time to translate creeper Jeff into Japanese to spread the love. Not only that but both videos have been posted to Nico Nico...with most complaints being about Jeff not standing up for his Waifu and breaking down in tears on the creeper cam.
- The Unofficial GiantBomb NHL 14 Club Thread [Xbox 360] - Join the Club Over Here!
- Persona 4 Arena PS3 Tournament - Sign Up to Fight Other Users Here!
- Official Giant Bomb GTA V Crews (360 / PS3) - Get Ready to Play GTA V Online By Joining a Crew Here!
- Giant Bomb Community GTA V PS3 Social Club - Join Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Community GTA V 360 Social Club - Join Over Here!
- Humble Indie Bundle 9 Giveaway Thread - Post Any Spare Codes You Want to Giveaway Over Here!
GTA V is a game...I think? The most heavily scrutinized Zelda game has an HD remix, and it also has a great wiki page detailing the differences. Finally your wonderful/odd concept page this week is for "Gorillas with Sunglasses."
Best of Blogs
Hailinel wants YOUR help in improving all of the character pages for fighting game characters. librariangmr uses Michael to discuss GTA V's depiction of masculinity, whereas Sweep shares another case of the Daily Mirror being exploitative about video game violence. CCforUA on the other hand talks about being a worker on the Washington Navy Yard, and not being in the right mindset to play GTA V. Mento has four parts to a blog series breaking down all of the games apart of the LA Game Space Experimental Pack. Video_Game_King has a blog about bacteria and aliens, and FluxWavez has his opinion and hopes for the sequel of Persona 4 Arena. Jan, the master of computer models, shares his own model of the 2DS, whereas yeah_write talks about his modifications to his Sony controllers and peripherals. Matthew makes you nostalgic with a breakdown of the Spore specific Bombcast which includes time stamps of the funniest moments. MMMman explains his video game design theory of the "Difficulty Mill" by using Bulletstorm as a case study. Hailinel defends Hastune Miku with a blog about the diversity of tracks in Project Diva F. Stubbleman continues with his blog series about video game voice actors, but this edition is about Liam O'Brien. GrantHeaslip continues o play through Persona 3: FES, whereas fistfulofmetal continues to truck through Amnesia and Outlast. PerfidiousSinn explains why he likes Assassin's Creed Revelation, but hates Assassin's Creed III. and finally jclane extrapolates why he think Metroid Prime 3 is a great horror game.
- Fighting Game Fans! The Wiki Needs You! (By: @hailinel)
- Michael and Masculinity in GTA V (By: @librariangmr)
- LA Game Space Round-Up: Part 4 [Part 3, Part 2, & Part 1] (By: @mento)
- Aliens, Bacteria, Breaking the Barriers of Being...I'm All Over the Place this Week (By: @video_game_king)
- My Opinions and Hopes Relating to P4A:C (By: @fluxwavez)
- Nintendo 3DS Family Fan-Spot (By: @jan)
- Solutions for Sony Gaming Discomfort (By: @yeah_write)
- Why I Hate That I Don't Want To Play GTA V (By: @ccforua)
- Another GTA Game, Another Media Scandal... (By: @sweep)
- Bombcast Breakdown!! - 9.12.2008 - #38 (By: @matthew)
- Difficulty Mill - Bulletstorm (By: @mmmman)
- A Quick Examination of Select Project Diva F Tracks (By: @hailinel)
- My Gaming Landscape [September 17, 2013] (By: @colorwind)
- Behind the Voice: Liam O'Brien - Part 1 (By: @stubbleman)
- Assassin's Greed III (By: @perfidioussinn)
- (Not)Horror Games Part 2: Odin was a Metroid (By: @jclane)
- Games I've Played: Persona 3 FES (2009-05-14) (By: @grantheaslip)
- Being Afraid with Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - Part 2 and Outlast - Part 3 (By: @fistfulofmetal)
The top forum post comes from Maddenedman who has created his own jazz version of the Giant Bombcast theme. Beyond that we have a bunch of threads and forum topics related to GTA V, and share your thoughts of the Godus beta if you paid for it. The PC Gaming Hub is gauging interest in a BF4 server and the Warframe online community has a video of their latest hijinx.
- I Made a Jazzy Cover of the Bombcast Theme Tune (By: @maddenedman)
- GTA V Tips and Tricks Thread - Spoiler Free! (By: @mb)
- Official GB Screenshot Thread (By: @jimmyfenix)
- Your Random and Zany GTA V Moment(s) (By: @legion_)
- GTA V Likes & Dislikes Discussion Thread (By: @seppli)
- GTA V Stock Advice Thread (By: @naru_joe93)
- Godus First Impressions Thread (By: @kidavenger)
- Should the PC Gaming Hub Have a Battlefield 4 Server Like We Did with BF3? (By: @rolyatkcinmai)
- Giant Bomb Heavy Industries (GB Clan) Activity Highlight (By: @rapid)
Megalowho has a list of old school PC games that time has forgotten that he enjoyed. Whereas SParky_Buzzsaw has a list of video game characters and concepts he wishes he could punch in the face.
- PC Games that Time Forgot (and I Played) (By: @megalowho)
- Punch You in the Face (By: @sparky_buzzsaw)
Useful User Reviews
- @moonlightmoth's user review of Memoria
- @winnipegfats's user review of Out of This World
- @thesilentgod's user review of Catherine