The Community Spotlight - 09/26/2014

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Special Thanks to Mashermallow for the Banner this Week!
Special Thanks to Mashermallow for the Banner this Week!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, I am your host as always! With the summer season officially done the big games are starting to trickle through. However, there is some unfortunate news that needs to be addressed. As many of you have already heard, Jeff's father has passed. If you have not done so already please send Jeff your condolences over here. Jeff has also set up a Giant Bomb Staff Steam Curator page that you can feel free to follow over here. Now with that housekeeping aside let's get on with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight!

Clips of the Week

Our first clip comes from the Giant Bomb Warframe clan, Heavy Industries, and their efforts during the Operation Cryotic Front Event. The second video is a friendly reminder that way back in 2011 Ryan gave Dan shit for his love of Waluigi.

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb FIFA 15 Community Tournament - Currently in the Planning Stage - Sign up for a PC or PS4 Tournament Here!
  • FIFA 15 ID Sharing Thread - Hookup to Play FIFA with Fellow Duders Online Over Here!
  • Fibbage Match Making Thread - Setup a Fibbage Match By Heading Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Giant Bomb moderator @mento has embarked on an ill-fated quest to ensure that every single SNES game page has some form of text on it. The first trio of pages are part of his effort. Also Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes is out.

Best of Blogs

Three cheers to Mento for committing himself towards making the Giant Bomb wiki a more awesome place. Mento has a massive blog detailing his latest wiki related project, and he is joined by bobafettjm who has his daily wiki update on his editing activities on the site. regularassmilk may have missed out on the golden era of arcade games, but shares his curiosity about experiencing classic arcade games in their original format. We have plenty of blogs tackling Destiny this week. MooseyMcMan pontificates on Destiny's use and over-use of grinding, whereas JadeGL uses Destiny and Diablo III as case studies in a blog examining loot systems. TheManWithNoPlan played his fair share of Destiny on top of Wolfenstein, and spraynardtatum examines Destiny's troubled launch and consumers' expectations for the game. Drakengard 3 was already a weird game, but wemibelec90 dabble into the game's insane and baffling DLC, and he is joined by GunstarRed who decided to dabble in the "wacky" side of Japanese games with a blog about Paparazzi...the game. wumbo3000 shares a rant on why he thinks Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton was a wasted opportunity, and similarly AlisterCat has another edition of his Phoenix Wright retrospective blog series and this episode concludes the Turnabout story-arc. MeatsofEvil has another update on his Persona 3 Extra Life 2014 livestream. Daneian pontificates on the legacy of Chrono Trigger's game design, whereas thatpinguino details why Chrono Cross features one of his all time favorite game soundtracks. thatpinguino also has a new "Deep Look" pertaining to why he still enjoys playing Banjo-Kazooie all these years after the fact. Sparky_Buzzsaw jumped into the next generation this week with his purchase of a PS4; GranHeaslip nails down what he thinks are Heavy Rains' greatest failure; and Mento concludes his Previous Generation Comic Commish blog series.

Fantastic Forums

Join the rest of the Giant Bomb community in giving marshermallow input on his awesome Giant Bomb East logo. If you are looking for gaming related discussions we have a thread for the Destiny update, Danganronpa 2's story, Hyrule Warriors, and Defense Grid 2. Remember that if you create a discussion thread for any game to link them here so I know where all of the great debates are happening!

Lovable Lists

Mento has a depressing list of Japanese games that received European translations, but never were officially released in North America. Hassun is a bit moribund with a list of fast paced shooting games that feature slow moving projectiles...for the worse.

Useful User Reviews

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Thanks for the shout out!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I were to write a thing, how would I get it considered for the weekly spotlight? Do I have to submit it somewhere? Or does the cream just rise to the top?

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cooljammer00: Straight to the top, baby. You can get at ZombiePie on Twitter too as well through the @GBDudersFeed account. A lot of the stuff (If not everything) that gets posted to the Community Spotlight will get a little shout-out and link and mini-synopsis tweeted out for it.

@zombiepie Thanks again for the love! Happy to get in, even though I submitted so late yesterday. This makes me so happy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

Holy shit no VGK blog? What happened to him? He hasn't posted since the 19th which is unusual for him at least.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Thanks for including my Chrono Trigger post ZombiePiiiiiiiee!!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZombiePie  Staff

If I were to write a thing, how would I get it considered for the weekly spotlight? Do I have to submit it somewhere? Or does the cream just rise to the top?

All I ask for is that you link me to it. I have a very "open door" policy when it comes to blogs.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

I would genuinely love for Nintendo to make a Waluigi game, just because he's such an unknown quantity that it would hopefully be something completely different, much like how Wario is now associated with those DIY games and Luigi is a ghostbuster.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Awesome, thanks for spotlighting me!

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@zombiepie: Cool thanks for spotlighting.The clan will keep doing stuff in future events in warframe for GB!

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks zombiepie! I always look forward to the spotlight.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

thankyouuu again!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

Hey!

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence user-review!

Also Deadly Silence wiki page!

Also Dino Crisis user-review... maybe, still currently working on it and I, er, tend to work slow.

I don't know why I've decided to write 'em as reviews rather than blogs. I seem to find it more natural to write them up thattaway I suppose for some reason, even though I know it'll be at the cost of more exposure.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZombiePie  Staff

@yummylee: I have still never played a Resident Evil game...and this is the first time i have ever heard of "Dino Crisis."

Anyways I have down for this week:

@themanwithnoplan@turboman@sparklykiss@hamst3r@mento@blacklagoon@thatpinguino@yummylee@bonbolapti@tobbrobb@raven10@gunstarred@zleunamme@warmachine@flstyle@billygoat117@meatsofevil@mooseymcman@ford_dent@nikral@sunjammer

Congratulations! I have all of you down for making an appearance on the next Spotlight! Chime in if you are okay with being showcased or not!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@zombiepie: I don't even know what I have done recently. What have I done? XD

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Raven10

@zombiepie: Sure. Can't say I remember what I did noteworthy this week but feel free to spotlight whatever it may be.

EDIT: If you are thinking of the Ethan Carter post, please remove the image of the spaceship from the first reply before you feature it. I, along with several other people, have requested the poster remove that image as it is a massive spoiler. I didn't want to get a mod involved as the guy obviously wasn't trying to do anything wrong but I would hate it if a post of mine ruined one of the best surprises in the game.

EDIT 2: He's removed it.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By BlackLagoon

It's always nice to have my little list brought to the attention of more people.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thatpinguino  Staff

@zombiepie Thanks for the spotlight! it is always appreciated. Thanks for the continued tolerance of my MTG related blogs!

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: Excited to be featured again! Thanks! I'm glad they are interesting enough to merit a spotlight.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

The latest episode of the Spotlight is available for your viewing pleasure over here.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9