Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff  Online
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week! Well, did a great deal happen this week! Not only has Nintendo pegged their future on the console/handheld blurring Nintendo Switch, but some big releases and news hit the site. Battlefield 1 and Sid Meier's Civilization VI were the big releases that had the community clamoring on the forums. Not only that, but the announcement of Red Dead Redemption 2 had the Giant Bomb userbase practically buzzing about what they wanted to see in the game. Oh and the staff also suffered another Mario Party-induced Sisyphean torment. With that, let's review the site related housekeeping:

Clip(s) of the Week

Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run--18, The Finale (Parts 151 to 155) (By: @clagnaught)

After putting in months of hard work clagnaught has finally completed his "Best of" video compilation series for the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 Endurance Run! Please take the time to thank and congratulate him in taking the time to locate so many hilarious moments from the highly venerated video series.

Mario Party Party 7: A Fun Time With Friends (By: @mepsipax)

After "enjoying" the Mario Party Party 7 video MEPSIPAX went ahead and created this video where Jeff clearly questions his own humanity as Mario Party 7 begins to set in. It's almost as if this could be a Tim and Eric sketch.

Mario Party Party 7 - The Crew Goes Insane (By: @samcb)

Samcb also ended up creating a video that hilariously depicted the staff's downward spiral as they played Mario Party 7. This video plays around with the Drew, Dan, and Brad singing that wretched theme song from the level they ended up playing.

Giant Bomb Galleria

3D Giant Bomb Logo & BANNER:Vin's Hotdog (By: @killerajd)

KillerAJD was the user responsible for the GB logos from the GBE Mailbag and has posted the design on Thingiverse. This allows anyone to download the files for the mold, and 3D print them if they wish. Additionally, KillerAJD uploaded a decently-sized version of the "Vin's Hotdog" poster for wallpaper purposes.

Mario Party Party 7 x Sesame Street Animated .Gifs (By: @silentsandman)

Feeling "inspired" to animate Drew, Brad, and Jeff's feelings about Mario Party 7 silentsandman created these animated .gifs.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Community Activities

It's time to defend Franz Ferdinand's honor!
It's time to defend Franz Ferdinand's honor!

Origin Friend List for Battlefield 1 (By: @sgtmoss)

If you want to play Battlefield 1 with other Giant Bomb users feel free to post your Origin ID in this community thread.

Rigs: Mechanized Combat League Giant Bomb Team (By: @silver-streak)

A couple of users are interested in forming a nightly Giant Bomb team that plays Rigs together! Join it now if you are interested!

Best of Blog

Saying goodbye to one of the greatest games of all time sure isn't easy.
Saying goodbye to one of the greatest games of all time sure isn't easy.

Goodbye Persona 4: On The Endurance Run, Making The Best Of Series, And Saying Farewell To My Favorite Videogame (By: @clagnaught)

After creating numerous "Best of" videos for the Persona 4 Endurance Run, clagnaught finally says goodbye toShin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, his favorite video game. Read all about what the game and Endurance Run mean to him on his extensive blog post.

Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Was A Flawed, Yet Oddly Visionary Shooter (By: @broccolirob)

BroccoliRob comments on why Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain is a flawed, but oddly visionary shooter many have forgotten, but he still remembers fondly.

The Nintendo Switch And The Vindication Of The Playstation Vita & Forza Horizon Captures the Spirit of the Franchise Perfectly (By: @darth_navster)

After mulling over the Nintendo Switch announcement, Darth_Navster extrapolates why the direction of the Switch is a partial "vindication" of the PlayStation Vita. Darth_Navster also shares why he feels the original Forza Horizon captured the spirit of the franchise in one game.

Sweep talks about the nasty inner workings of Gears of War 4's microtransactions.
Sweep talks about the nasty inner workings of Gears of War 4's microtransactions.

Fighting Final Fantasy IX - Parts 14-26: Grumpy Man Yells At Cloud... No Not THAT Cloud! (By: @zombiepie)

This week an angry man grouses about Final Fantasy IX, its terrible Trance system, and how Zidane Tribal is a horrible trash fire of a character.

Picked Up The Xbox One S Last Weekend (By: @haz)

Haz recently bought an Xbox One S, and briefly highlights his early impressions of it as well as if he recommends the platform to newcomers or early adopters.

The Microtransactions In Gears 4 Are A Total Ripoff (By: @sweep)

You could almost say MikeLemmer's enjoyment of this franchise is...endless.
You could almost say MikeLemmer's enjoyment of this franchise is...endless.

Moderator Sweep extrapolates why the microtransactions in Gears of War 4 are a complete ripoff, and spoil an otherwise spectacular multiplayer experience.

Transformers, Evil Residents, and (Slightly) Spookier Overwatches (By: @mooseymcman)

MooseyMcMan discusses Transformers: Devastation, the PS4 remaster of Resident Evil, and Overwatch. Check it out and discover which games provided the most enjoyment.

GB-0-290-2016: When The Game Is Over, The King And Pawn Go Into The Same Box (By: @ohagan)

OHagan provides a weekly summary on the games and articles he enjoyed this week on his latest blog. Check it out to see which games and game articles might be worth your time.

At least I'm not the only one getting their liver eaten by a buzzard.
At least I'm not the only one getting their liver eaten by a buzzard.

Alt-Strat: The Endless Series (By: @mikelemmer)

The Endless franchise was recently on sale on Steam, and MikeLemmer extrapolates why it is a genre defying franchise that will constantly surprise you if you decide to give it a try.

Sunday Summaries 10/14/2016: Final Fantasy Type-0 & The Connective Tissue of Final Fantasy (By: @mento)

It would appear that Mento has fallen into the Final Fantasy rabbit (moogle?) hole! Read all about how the teenage drama of Final Fantasy Type-0 treated him and his take on how the franchise's familiar beats help buoy the otherwise unconventional gameplay of unusual spin-offs and one-offs like Type-0.

Join the Discussion

Shall the Switch succeed or fail? That is the million dollar question!
Shall the Switch succeed or fail? That is the million dollar question!

Do You Intend On Getting A Switch? [Poll and Discussion Thread] (By: @beachthunder)

Based on what we currently know, do you intend on getting a Nintendo Switch? Vote and discuss your stance after stewing over the announcement of the console.

Battlefield 1 Community Discussion Thread (By: @zurv)

Have you had any fun with DICE's rendition of "The Great War?" Join our community discussion for Battlefield 1, and feel free to share if your early impressions of the game are positive or negative.

Sid Meier's Civilization VI Community Discussion Thread(By: @zurv)

Have you been enjoying Sid Meier's Civilization VI? Discuss which civilization or leader you've been gravitating towards, as well as the new additions to the Civilization franchise that the game brings.

The Jackbox Party Pack 3 Community Discussion Thread(By: @imhungry)

Have any of you tried out The Jackbox Party Pack 3 yet? How do the new party games stack up? Join our community discussion for the recent entry in everyone's favorite adult humor game show video game series.

Favorite Metroidvania Games Community Discussion Thread (By: @octopusrocketmark)

I also want to see Civilization VI leader tier lists by the time I'm back!
I also want to see Civilization VI leader tier lists by the time I'm back!

What are your favorite Metroidvania games outside of the namesakes of the genre? Name and describe recent and old examples of the genre done well!

Red Dead Redemption 2 Announcement Community Discussion Thread (By: @fruitcocoa)

What is your gut reaction to the announcement of Red Dead Redemption 2? Share and discuss your excitement levels regardless of where they may be, with the community.

Ever Quit A Single Player Game Because Of A Mechanic/Mission? (By: @wonderva)

Have you ever quit a single player game because of a mechanic or mission? Share and discuss your frustrating video game examples.

Lovable Lists

Nintendo Switch: Must-Have Ports (By: @mormonwarrior)

It's the only
It's the only "real" rank that counts.

MormonWarrior lists the WiiU games he thinks would most benefit from being ported to the Nintendo Switch.

S-Rank'd (By: @marino)

Marino took the time to list every game he has S-Ranked! Bask in his achievement glory over here!

S-Rank'd (By: @ozone)

Inspired by Giant Bomb moderator Marino, Ozone took the time to annotate every game he S-Ranked. So two is company, why don't you join the fun and create a list of your own?

Useful User Reviews

• @stordoff finally gave Rocket Riot for the PC a shot, and reviews why he found it to be pure joy, but in video game form.
  • @bhlaab revisited Requiem: Avenging Angel and assesses why he thinks it's a flawed, but weirdly enjoyable game that is better than it has any right to be.
  • @darkbeatdk ended up playing Summer Lesson for PSVR. Check out his review to see if it's a good use of VR, or just odd for the sake of it.

Wonderful Wikis

Mario Party 7

It's the game that gave all of you, as well as the staff, over four hours of enjoyment! Why not read over our impressive wiki page for the game!

BIGGER! (image provided by GB user Fram)
BIGGER! (image provided by GB user Fram)
hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

NinjaDuckie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NinjaDuckie

That Bert & Ernie [Jeff & Dan] gif has actually killed me with laughter. I'm dead now. Thank you.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By fram

@hassun: ...bigger

Thanks so much for the image mention!

Mepsipax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mepsipax

Thank you @zombiepie, I hope someone appreciates all the hard work you do

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Those Mario Party videos are pretty great!

bWo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kudos to everyone who put up Mario Party videos. This is some tremendous #content.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Good stuff

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would totally buy a hotdog from Vin's hotdog. And all MP7-related stuff this week are great!

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By DarkbeatDK

Thanks for the mention and awesome content from everyone as always. Vinny's Vin-dawgs are always welcome!

CornRPeople2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mepsipax This video is phenomenally done! Laughed the whole time.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Would love a mention of my Extra Life stream on the next spotlight :D Blog link: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/audiobusting/blog/my-first-extra-life/113925/ Extra Life link: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/audiobusting

It's 24 games on my (450-games-long) backlog in 24 hours, so it'll be a mix of the old and the relatively new. I might finally get to play games such as... Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor? Dog of Dracula 2?

I have you down for next week! Thank you for participating.

That Bert & Ernie [Jeff & Dan] gif has actually killed me with laughter. I'm dead now. Thank you.

The credit really should go to @silentsandman. They are indeed amazing .gifs.

Thanks for the mention and awesome content from everyone as always. Vinny's Vin-dawgs are always welcome!

Thanks for making it in the first place. Feel free to keep me posted.

blabbermouth64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man that fun with friends video is sooooo funny!!!! I love it!

Thanks @mepsipax !!!!