The Community Spotlight - 11/08/2013 (Vinny Caravella is the Greatest American)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I am you host as always and I would like to take this time to thank everyone who participated as well as donated money during the Extra Life fundraiser. For those of you that aren't already aware the Giant Bomb account was able to raise $80,468, and the Giant Bomb team raised $115,888.47 for Extra Life! Great work everyone! Also you may know where to find the stream archives for Giant Bomb's activities are, but here's Pascual's archive. Other major accomplishments this week include the Giant Bomb Forza Race Night turning four. C418 has created a Minecraft track titled "Taswell." Oh and did I mention that I have a bunch of stuff of our very own Vinny Caravella doing stupid stuff? Yeah, well I do!

Clip(s) of the Week

Normally I write a brief description about what the clips are about, but this week is all about Vinny Caravella, America's greatest badass.

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Community Game of the Generation Bracket - Round 1 - Vote for the Game You Think is the Best of This Generation Over Here!
  • Call of Duty Ghost - Xbox One Clan - If you Plan on Buying the Xbox One Version of Ghosts Join the Clan Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Call of Duty is the big game of the week and recent work on the Need for Speed Rival pages is equally impressive. One important note about the wiki is that Rorie has announced that the engineers are actively working on fixing many issues associated with that part of the site. Expect some major changes to the wiki within the next month.

Best of Blogs

Everyone on this site should read EpicSteve's taut and powerful blog about how Battlefield helped him deal with his PTSD. TurboMan has finally compiled all of his Best of Giant Bomb Quick Look on one convenient blog post. Gamer_152 decided to try and figure out what Sonic's place is today, and what's been troubling the rodent. Tunderslash is going to pass on the next generation of consoles and instead tackle his backlog, whereas MachoFantastico gives a detailed explanation as to why he's not sold on any of the consoles. Video_Game_King wants you to read about his final thoughts on Persona 3 FES as well as entertain his delusions about being a father. Sparky_Buzzsaw continues to ramble about Disgaea as well as A Wolf Among Us. Wuddle is going to give building a gaming PC another shot, whereas dankempster is back with his effort to play every single Metal Gear game ever made. PerfidiousSin provides his insight into Street Fighter x Tekken as someone who doesn't play fighting games. MajorMitch got around to Pokemon as well as The Stanley Parable, and similarly GrantHeaslip spent the week on the indie hit Hotline Miami, but he details why the PS3 version may not be the version to get. Finally dudeglove has written a blog about how the player agency in Dark Souls is its greatest and worst trait.

Fantastic Forums

Rorie shows off the two awesome figure sets that users have submitted to the staff to play during their Pathfinder sessions. I on the other hand task you with creating or proposing new emoticons for the engineers to program into the chat. Grimmie92 has the corporate logo for VinnCo., the company you should trust for you daily genitalia trauma. PezzMachine taps into his creative juices to create some maddening Winjammers x Giant Bomb fan fiction that you should read. Finally discuss what you are hopeful for for Blizzcon 2013, and the evil video game corporation you would be willing to work for.

Lovable Lists

Aleen634 not only has listed his top ten favorite games on the 360, but has also provided detailed reasons as to why they are his favorites. Mento on the other hand has taken the time to create a comprehensive list of the most notable games featuring "police cops," or whatever slang term you use to refer to your peace officers.

Useful User Reviews

Potent Podcasts

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Video_Game_King wants you to read about his final thoughts on Persona 3 FES as well as entertain his delusions about being a father.

We take offense to that.
We take offense to that.

Tunderslash

And that.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

posting a favorite forum thread that YOU made?

how dare you! O:

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ThunderSlash

I prefer TundraSlash. Also yay blog I decided to write on a whim got spotlighted.

Edit: 1k posts!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny is the Greatest American indeed.

For the Children.
For the Children.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

@zombiepie said:

Finally dudeglove has written a blog about how the player agency in Dark Souls is its greatest and worst trait.

I FINALLY FUCKING DID.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By EpicSteve

Vinny is the Greatest American indeed.

For the Children.
For the Children.

Brazzers. Fantastic work. You win the Internet.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZombiePie  Staff
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That only means it is especially renegade.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Congrats everyone!

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#16 Mento  Moderator

Another dumb list and the first part of a look at the Be Mine X Groupees bundle. Had planned on putting out part 2 today, but I guess this PS4 stream put a spanner in that.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Spotlight is up here.