The Community Spotlight - 11/21/2014

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Special Thanks Go to @pimblycharles (aka Jackson Pollock Jr.)
Special Thanks Go to @pimblycharles (aka Jackson Pollock Jr.)

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, I am your host. Remember when I said I was going to send Patrick recommendations last week? Yeah I dropped the ball on that one. Anyways, I promise to get to it this week. Also, please drop a comment on the Spotlight not just linking me to your stuff, but also other user created content. I need help keeping up with the community. Last week the Community Endurance Run ran their charity stream, and if you missed it their Fundly account will still be up for another thirty days. The effort still needs help getting to their $3,000 goal for Pencils for Promise.

Awesome Art

We have a sketch of @pimblycharles's final painting and a sketch of Jeff in a penguin suit from Milkcrates.

Clip of the Week

We have an awesome mash up of Jeff and The Birds from @electricboogaloo, and a "Best of..." of Extra Life from @renegadedoppelganger

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Guilty Gear Xrd Tournament - The NA Release is a Month Away, but Sign-ups are NOW OPEN!
  • Community Humble Jumbo Bundle 3 Insurgency Trading Thread - Share Copies of Insurgency Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Our Dragon Age: InQuisitiion wiki page is truly a work of art worth looking over. Our Far Cry 4 and Super Smash Bros. pages ate no slouches either. Also, the staff do not plan on re-reviewing the status of splitting the Super Smash Bros. page.

Best of Blogs

Special thanks once again go to PimblyCharles for his awesome work of art, <Roscoe>, this week. TheMasterDS decided to host a retrospective of Donkey Kong Country now that the franchise is over twenty years old. Speaking of the twenties, renegadedoppelganger took approximately twenty two hours worth of Giant Bomb and Iron galaxy's Extra Life content and boiled it down to a single one hour video clip. FreezyFrog's wiki showcase blog is still going strong this week, whereas Regularassmilk contemplates on how open world games can improve the quality of their side missions. Ford_Dent shares his comprehensive thoughts on the latest Dragon Age game, and N7 details exactly why Assassin's Creed: Rogue is a passable experience at best. Yummylee continues to pontificate upon the legacy and history of the Dino Crisis franchise with Dino Crisis 2, whereas thatpnguino provides a guide on how to beat Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII. MooseyMcMan played a smattering of PlayStation Plus games, and Mento share why he thinks he's playing Smash Bros. games incorrectly.

Fantastic Forums

We have plenty of threads discussing the various new releases this week ranging from Dragon Age to Far Cry 4 and This War of Mine. Feel free to join our discussion over the status of The Master Chief Collection, ecosystems in video games, and the ending you went with in Far Cry 4. Also remember to thank ElectricBoogaloo for his awesome Jeff vs. The Birds video mash up.

Lovable Lists

LackingSaint has the distinction of having the first Game of the Year List for 2014 that I'm promoting. Psykhophear annotates his favorite Shinji Mikami games, and arbayer2 looks back on vague PC games worth checking out in 2015.

Useful User Reviews

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By csl316

Oh, that Drew song.

I continue to think that Drew and Mary are pretty much the same person (almost).

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Holy crap that Drew Song was amazing. I watched a big chunk of that stream, but of course I missed that bit so this is the first time I've seen it. Thanks @zombiepie

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Big props to @flstyle for the Dragon Age: Inquisition page! Group effort of course, but he done most of the heavy lifting for that one.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@yummylee said:

Big props to @flstyle for the Dragon Age: Inquisition page! Group effort of course, but he done most of the heavy lifting for that one.

/salute A good job was done by all involved

Well done to everyone featured this week!

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

Still working on that Mario Party stats thing, but it's become a bit bigger than I really anticipated. I'm up to about 20 charts/tables and just shy of 5000 words, and I've still got plenty of ideas to add. Might have to break it up a little when I actually upload it here. Anyway - maybe next week.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

And... done for next week. File is here, short blog is here.

Now to actually go back and see what everyone else has been doing!

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

To be called Jackson Pollock Jr. is an honor and a privilege. Thanks ZP.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#10 Mento  Moderator

Another blog and review combo. Hope you had a good Turkey Day, duder.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZombiePie  Staff

@bdhurkett: That is AMAZING work!

Hope you're feeling better @zombiepie. I put up the archive of my FF8 speed run during the GB Community Endurance Run and I made a video about Digimon World for the PS1 (my 100th blog post!). I'm debating whether I should pop in my copy of Rugrats for the the PS1 soon. I beat that game in an hour when I was like 8 years old. It made me feel like a video game genius. I'm sure it holds up...

Will do!

@flstyle said:

@yummylee said:

/salute A good job was done by all involved

Well done to everyone featured this week!

No really thanks for the great work!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZombiePie  Staff
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13 gamer_152  Moderator
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight can be found here.