Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! For those of you that may have noticed the moderation team has been using a Seal of Approval to indicate which blogs, threads, user reviews, and lists that we approve of. For those wondering why we are doing this we just want to play a more active role in informing the userbase what really like to see on the site as well as keep track of what we want to see on the "User Created Highlights" portal. Other than that I have a slew of user created art I found on Twitter this week to share, weird right? One user created some awesome fridge/white board art of the Giant bomb staff. PsEG has personally created a very impressive Ryan Davis themed vinyl design. Also, it looks like we are already have our first bootleg "China Don't Care" t-shirt designs, keep up the good work! Finally there are two very notable YouTube videos to share this week. The first video is a very charming animated video related to Jeff's "Chris With the White Car" Bombcast story from Applefrog. The second video is from the always entertaining TurboMan who has created the latest entry for his long running best of Giant Bomb Quick Look video series:
Community Activities and Game Nights
- Giant Bomb Community Halo 4 Game Nights - Sign Up for e Game Night Group Over Here!
- Giant Bomb Halo 4 Xbox Live Gamertag List - Post Your Gamertag for Other Users to Add to Their Friends List Over Here!
Wonderful WikisSay hello to Halo 4 this week as the big releases continue this fall and winter season. Some really nice work has been done on the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare wiki page to warrant any of you checking it out a second time. Primal Carnage has dinosaurs and now you can read about the dinosaurs in the game on the wiki page about the game. Still confused about what the hell Peter Molyneux's most recent game, Curiosity, is all about? Well then check out the Giant Bomb wiki page to read all about it! Finally who would have thought that there's a lot to say about the StreetPass Plaza? Well you're wrong if you thought that there's not a lot to say judging by the surprisingly massive wiki page for the feature.
Best of BlogsEveryone in the United Sates that plans on buying video games during Black Tuesday must check out user jakob187's annual Black Tuesday list of great sales blog. Music man and Let's Play expert Hamst3r has done a very entertaining Let's Play video series of Lone Survivor worth checking out. GB user Apathylad recently saw a NBC video report on video game addiction and provides a summary as well as his response to the video on his latest blog. Much like Brad Interfect found himself disappointed by Doom 3 BFG Edition, and looking back at the Paper Mario franchise BisonHero has written a blog about how Super Paper Mario is the weakest link in the franchise. We have a couple of community anniversaries to mention this week! The Forza race Night community has just celebrated its third year of holding community events, and the Wrestling sub-community has just celebrates its first year of dominating the forums. RedCream blogged about how the obscure games Koudelka or Trapt are important to his development as a gamer, simultaneously wrote a blog about two largely unknown games called Ether Vapor Remaster or Fairy Bloom Freesia. Video_Game_King got terrestrial with his television themed video game blog. MMMman compares how the 38 Studios situation resembles that of a college student with loan debt. buckbit wrote a helpful and easy to use guide of howto play System Shock 2 on a computer using System Shock 2. mtmckinley has started a blog series where eh details his adventures in Skyrim in diary form, whereas D_Bones continues his blog series looking back at his most notable gaming moments this year. The weekly update blogs include NekuSakuraba who got his hands on Cook, Serve, Delicious as well as Dishonored; MajorMitch going through Zero Escape and Need for Speed: Most Wanted; and Sparky_Buzzsaw killing orcs in Orcs Must Die as well as zombies in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Sweep points out the similarities between Hotline Miami and the indie game Norrland, whereas Bitteralmond continues his blog series about why he considers Hotline Miami a masterpiece in video game entertainment. dankempster provide a personal blog about why he has always enjoyed the Colin McRae racing games and pontificates about what racing franchises he is considering trying out. Finally check out the latest edition of Marino's stat dump to see how the GianT bomb Community did in terms of its activity during the month of October...here's a hint we did alright.
- NBC's Story on Internet and Video Game Addiction (By: Apathylad)
- A Game Collection That Is As Much DOOM As It Is Gloom (By: Interfect)
- It's Not Out Yet, but I'm Slightly Concerned about Sticker Star (By: BisonHero)
- One Year Anniversary of The Wrestling Thread: 24 Hour Marathon (By: TubroMan)
- Throwback/Play These Games (By: RedCream)
- This Blog was Filmed in Front of a Live Studio Audience (By: Video_Game_King)
- Public Investment in Games is too Similar to Lending to a Friend (By: MMMman)
- Playin' That There Lone Survivor, Alone...Surviving (By: Hamst3r)
- Skyrim Diary - An Orc Scoundrel (By: mtmckinley)
- Install & Play System Shock 2 in Less Than 5 Minutes on Windows 8 (By: buckybit)
- Cook, Serve, Dishonored! (By: NekuSakuraba)
- Three Years of Forza Race Nights (By: PsEG)
- Games I Played 2012: Episode 9- Batman Arkham City [Part 8] (By: D_Bones)
- Kill Everyone. And Then...? (By: Sweep)
- Weekly Roundup 11/04/2012 (By: MajorMitch)
- Sparky's Update - Boy, Did I Kill A Lot of Orcs and Zombies (By: Sparky_Buzzsaw)
- By the Numbers: Data Dump - October 2012 (By: Marino)
- Hotline Miami is a Masterpiece: Part 2 (By: BitterAlmond)
- Shifting Gears (By: dankempster)
- [insert title] 11-3-12 (By: Alaska_Gamer)
- The Comic Commish - November '12 (By: Mento)
- jakob187's Annual Black Friday Game Deal Thread (2012 Edition) (By: jakob187)
Fantastic ForumsIf you have completed Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed III what did you think of their stories? If you wish to discuss the merits or demerits of the single player experiences of either games check out the discussion threads for them. Are there any notable games coming in 2013? If so talk about what you are most excited about on the 2013 discussion thread. Have any of you played Peter Molneux's most recent oddity, Curiosity? If so share your first impressions of the game on the discussion thread for the game. Finally the Giant Bomb community continues to enjoy the hilarity of Jeff's "Chris with a White Car" story as evidenced by the thread discussing the matter where much video hilarity can be found.
- Finish the Story for Halo 4? Let's Talk About it! (Spoilers!) (By: Warihay)
- What 2013 Games are You Looking Forward to? (By: Kaiserhawk)
- Chris with the White Car (By: sthusby)
- Curiosity First Impressions Discussion Thread (By: Phatmac)
- Assassin's Creed III Ending Discussion Thread (Spoilers) (By: Joeybagad0nutz)
Lovable ListsInspired by Assassin's Creed III GB user Mento has created our sole list this week by looking at the historical figures he has assassinated in video games.
Useful User Reviews
- mcderby4's user review of Halo 4
- Bleaker's user review of Halo 4
- BRYN's user review of Assassin's Creed III
- MildMolasses's user review of Assassin's Creed III
- gaminghooligan's user review of Assassin's Creed III
- RecSpec's user review of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
- KaneRobot's user review of WWE '13
- EnchantedEcho's user review of Hotline Miami
- Ozzie's user review of Hotline Miami