Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! In case you missed the premium livestream featuring Dave, Alexis, and Jeff discussing the site re-design just keep in mind this December a beta version of the new site will be available for premium users to test out and discover bugs. Jeff was on a radio show discussing what Black Ops II is all about, and you can listen to what he said over here. Inspired by the Thundercats Quick Look GB user graboids combined Vinny with Panthro in this amazing Photoshop work. IGN oddly got what would have been this week's Mail-Bag, and it looks like they're trying to "trap" the staff. Buzz_clik, using his banner making skills made this amazing Banner for the Forza Race Night community led by PsEG. In case you didn't know the fine fellows over at Comic Vine have their own Community Spotlight worth checking out as well! Finally TurboMan continues to provide plenty of video entertainment with more Best of Giant Bomb Quick Look videos for you to enjoy here, but here's the videos anyways:
Community Activities & Game Nights
- The Official Giant Bomb Call of Duty: Black Ops II Community Thread - Post your Gamertag, PSN and Steam IDs Over Here!
- The Official Funny/Offensive/Obscene Black Ops 2 Emblem Posting Thread - Post Whatever Your Black Ops II Emblems is Over Here!
- Show Off Your Halo 4 Online Spartans! - Post Pictures of What Armor You Have on Your Spartans Over Here!
Call of Duty: Black Ops II continues the tradition of Call of Duty game having ridiculously detailed lists of guns. You can read about the wacky development history of ZombiU as well as what it's all about on its wiki page. You can read about all of the tracks, teams, and power-ups for F1 Race Stars on its wiki.. Finally did you know that there's a difference between "Alien vs. Predator," and Alien vs Predator," when it comes to video games? If not have your mind-blown this week just like me by checking out both wiki pages for each game.
Best of Blogs
The biggest and most impressive thing from this week would handily have to be MrLandmaster's Giant Bomb Staff Quote generator. If you ever feel the need for a little bit of Giant bomb hilarity to brighten up your day head on over there to get a random quote (out of context). Mento examined the progression and evolution of the Assassin's Creed franchise from the first to third game, similarly yeah_write discusses how Assassin's Creed III was so close but so far from being the appropriate conclusion for the series on the current line-up of consoles. Video_Game_King continues with the themes this week by fighting Hitler in both Persona 2: Innocent Sin as well as the Capcom Classics Mini Mix. dankempster, after almost two years of enduring Final Fantasy VII, has completed the second disc of Final Fantasy VII, whereas lordofultima is just starting a play-through of Final Fnatasy VIII with a catch, he's not going to level up until the last boss. Mirdao continues to try and set up a Home NAS whereas DarkFury continues to re-examine the game he played this year. Cramjomlin provided his first impressions of Halo 4's story whereas HallwayGiant provides his thoughts on Halo 4 as a whole (warning both include spoilers!). Brewmaster_Andy helps you get into the holiday spirit by providing a video guide of how to prepare hard cider. MajorMitch finished up Zero Escape as well as Need for Speed: Most Wanted and started Halo 4, and Sparky_Buzzsaw expresses his feelings of how Max Payne 3 could have been a better game had it shown a little more self control. nintendoeats played through Earthbound for the first time and reads aloud his favorite moments from the game on his latest blog, on the flip-side takashichea provides a an update on his wiki editing activities on Giant Bomb and elsewhere and details his plans for the future. Finally Hamst3r is starting up another Let's Play series, but this time for Fly'N.
- The Giant Bomb Quoter (By: MrLandmaster)
- A Screed on Assassin's Creed (is a Screed, Indeed?) (By: Mento)
- Der Nazi Bloggen (Translation: The Nazi Bloggen) (By: Video_Game_King)
- No-Level/Power-Level Playthrough - Final Fantasy VIII (By: lordofultima)
- Too Many Games: Building a Home NAS (UPDATED!) (By: Mirado)
- Daily Musings: Early Thoughts on Halo 4's Story (Spoilers!) (By: Cramjomlin)
- Learn to Brew Hard Cider with Brewmaster Andy! (VIDEOS) (By: Brewmaster_Andy)
- Games of 2012 (Week 3) (By: DarkFury)
- Weekly Roundup 11/11/2012 (By: MajorMitch)
- Assassin's Creed 3: So Close, So Far (By: yeah_write)
- Postcards From Earthbound (By: nintendoeats)
- Enduring Final Fantasy VII - Episode Thirty-Two (By: dankempster)
- Halo 4 Thoughts (By: HallwayGiant)
- Sparky's Update - The Great and Terrible Max Payne 3 (By: Sparky_Buzzsaw)
- My Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media Wiki Projects 2012 (By: takashichea)
- Fly'N With Hamst3r (By: Hamst3r)
Mendelson did some investigating and found footage of an old On The Spot segment where Jeff and Brad do a "Quick Look" of Gears of War. If you want to see a young Brad, Ryan, and Jeff check it out and have you mind blown. LucVargas cannot wait for Episode 5 of The Walking Dead, and as such has created a very impressive video tribute to the series thus far. We are getting nearer to Game of the Year deliberations but were there any notable games that you don't think got the attention they deserved thus far? If so talk about any games that you enjoyed, but think may be overlooked during GOTY deliberations on the discussion thread below. Finally share you thoughts on the ending to Black Ops II as well as vote on your excitement for the WiiU.
- Gears of War Quick Look from 2006 with Jeff and Brad (By: Mendelson)
- In Preparation for Episode 5 of The Walking Dead, Why Not Watch This Video I Made? (By: LucVargas)
- What Game Do You Expect To Be Overlooked For GOTY Awards? (By: JasonR86)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II Ending Discussions *Spoilers Ahoy* (By: Freddi43)
- The Wii U Exxxcitement Poll! (How Hyped Are You?) (By: RedCricketChase)
GB user Mento is trying something different this week by letting you vote on which Desura hosted indie-games you want to see him cover in his upcoming Desura blog series for December. If there are any particular games you wish to see him blog about vote on them on his list below! GB user TheBlackPigeon on the other hand has created a list of his favorite video game protagonists that are known for eradicating stuff from zombies to aliens.
- Desura December Dementia: The Determining Decider/Deciding Determiner (By: Mento)
- There's No Need to Fear (Maybe!) (By: TheBlackPigeon)
Useful User Reviews
- Master_Prophet's user review of Halo 4
- TheSilentGod's user review of Halo 4
- Mento's user review of Assassin's Creed III
- DedBeet's user review of Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- Humanity's user review of Dishonored
- Hizang's user review of Borderlands 2
- silver_DewSky's user review of Sega Vintage Collection: ToeJam & Earl
- BlazeHedgehog's user review of Sonic Adventure 2
- Gamer_152's user review of FTL: Faster Than Light
- Video_Game_King's user review of Persona 2: Innocent Sin