The Community Spotlight - 12/26/2014 (Community GOTY 2014 Part IV)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Special Thanks to @humanity for This Wonderful Work of Art!
Special Thanks to @humanity for This Wonderful Work of Art!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight, and I am honored to be your host as always! The staff's Game of the Year content has officially begun! The number of guest Game of the Year lists is at an all time high this year with guests coming from all sorts of backgrounds and places of origin! The Giant Bomb Moderation team however would like to remind you to treat every guest and their lists with the respect that that is expected of you and to always abide by the Community Rules when replying to a guest list. With that please enjoy the latest episode of the Community Spotlight!

Community Game of the Year Content

The staff Game of the Year content has officially started! Expect to see a "Giant Bomb Community Game of the Year" pick at the end of the Game of Year stuff.

Blogs

Lists

Regular User Created Content

Awesome Art

The "Thinking Bomb" comes from @themanwithnoplan, the stats for Metal Gear Scanlon 2 all come from @oscar_explosion, and the Dan button comes from maxbeckart on Tumblr.

Clip of the Week

Some of you may recall that Giant Bomb hosted an Avalon stream for premium subscribers a while back. Someone on YouTube has finally compiled all of the best moments from the stream into an eight minute video clip.

Wonderful Wikis

It is a bit of a fighting game corner while we wrap up the wiki showcase fro 2014. The re-release of KoF 98 and Omega mode for Ultra Street Fighter IV have ensured that both pages for those games are nicely detailed and worth checking out.

Best of Blogs

The few blogs that were not Game of the Year related were notable in their own regard! You can thank Oscar_Explosion for all of the stats and graphs related to Metal Gear Scanlon 2 in the community art banner. eroticfishcake wrote a love letter to Valkyria Chronicles, and details why it's an overlooked gem worth experiencing. Mento wraps up his "Bosswatch" blog series examining the good, the bad, and the ugly boss battles in Dark Souls II. Ford_Dent finally made his first foray into the new generation of video game consoles, but not really, and shares his early impressions with the PlayStation Vita. FreezyFrog's latest Wiki Shout-Out blog examines the best wiki pages MMORPGs ranging from World of Warcraft to of course EverQuest. CornBREDX recently watched Video Games: The Movie and shares why he thinks it was a bit of a missed opportunity.Finally thatpinguino is back with a new Deep Look video and blog series, but this episode is about The Witcher 2's wonderful use of moral ambiguity in its world and story.

Fantastic Forums

Most of our discussion threads this week are about GOTY related matters ranging from what people are anticipating for next year to discussing the game they THOUGHT would have topped their lists right now. It's not all good news as we do have a discussion thread over the biggest disappointment. The second major talking this point is for Metal Gear Scanlon and the conclusion of the second season of the series. Fan of the series should discuss their favorite moments as well as join the community debate on whether or not Drew should play Peace Walker. Tangentially related to all of this is our discussion and impressions thread for Kojima's Christmas, chicken hat announcement.

Lovable Lists

RainVillain is embarking on an ambitious effort to list and review every single game that he played this year.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1 MattyFTM  Moderator

You could have at least shared my game of the year list. It's the difinitive GOTY list. Any other list is just objectively wrong.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mattyftm/lists/game-of-the-year-2014-users-choice/235443/

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Shake and bake!

I remember being completely fooled by Danny, that guy is a good liar.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Thanks ZP!

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By regularassmilk

@ZombiePie I thought you said I was gonna be in this one ZP. :(

benjo_t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanks for featuring my list! I just finished The Fall in time to listen to the Day 2 podcast and it really deserves a spot on my list for its fantastic writing. Looking forward to the next instalment.

TonicBH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Might as well share my "Completed games of 2014" list since making a GOTY list would consist of nothing. I don't even know if I played anything that came out this year. :P

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/tonicbh/lists/my-conquered-games-list-of-2014/90379/

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZombiePie  Staff

@mattyftm said:

You could have at least shared my game of the year list. It's the difinitive GOTY list. Any other list is just objectively wrong.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mattyftm/lists/game-of-the-year-2014-users-choice/235443/

Do you know what the solution to all of this would have been communist panda? Dropping a link on the last Spotlight when I was making this in the first place. How do you expect to lead a communist revolution when you cannot be bothered to do the most basic tasks in society?

@ZombiePie I thought you said I was gonna be in this one ZP. :(

Sorry about that could you provide a link to your most recent piece of user created content?

bigevil1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Awesome write up, thanks for the mention! @zombiepie

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Thanks for the feature!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Oh, I see how it is. My blogs don't get a spot because I gave you that copy of Sakura Spirit.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@arbitrarywater: You're the one who gave him anime? Oh dear Lord.

He gave me a copy of Bad Rats first! It was my only way to respond!

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

Thanks as always for putting these together ZP! I always enjoy sifting through everyone's content when I can (especially during this time of year), and you've been doing a great job with it for quite a while. Thanks again, and happy holidays! :)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZombiePie  Staff

Oh, I see how it is. My blogs don't get a spot because I gave you that copy of Sakura Spirit.

As already mentioned drop a link to your blog on the Spotlight to guarantee that it will appear on the Spotlight. With notifications out of whack and a large number of blogs being published given, that it is the end of the year, I have to sift through a lot of stuff.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By takashichea

Here's my list. I didn't play much games this year or even recent games that came this year. Wish I did. I probably have the weirdest list.

Thank you.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

@arbitrarywater: You've no idea the hell you've unleashed behind the scenes. Every time that manchildthing gets his hands on anime, I have to endure twenty minutes of him yelling at me about how Disgaea is anime.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

_Mattallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

Finally finished my top 10 games of the year here.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Thought I would throw in my top Jazzpunk games of the year list here (also includes: nine other games!)

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 212

#23 Mento  Moderator
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of the Community Spotlight can be found here.