Game Activities & Communities
- Borderlands 2 Gun and Loot Trading Thread - Swap Guns with Other Users Over Here!
- Eurogamer 2012 Expo Hookup and Discussion Thread - Discuss the Event and Plan Meet-ups If You Are There Over Here!
- DOA 5 Community/Help/Discussion Thread - Post Anything and Everything You Have to Say About DOA5 Over Here!
- Giant Bomb World of Warcraft: Mists of Panderia Guild - Talk About the Land of the Mystical Pandas Over Here!
- Torchlight II Online Group Thread - If You are Looking to Play With Fellow Users Comment Here!
Wonderful WikisHey Dead or Alive 5 is out this week so read about all of the insanity about the game on its wiki as well as the character page for Ayane. World of Warcraft is drunk on panda mystery with Mists of Panderia. The wiki page for the worst font typeset in existence, Comic Sans, got a little boost of respectability with its new and improved concept page.
Best of BlogsUser FLStyle has created dueling blogs this week with a blog about why Final Fantasy Tactics is one of his favorite RPGs ever made and what the Season's Beating: Ascension fighting game event is all about this weekend. AjayRaz continues and complete his retrospective blog series on DOA this week. DarthOrange discusses why Playstaion All-Stars highlights some mascot issues with Sony whereas Apathylad discusses what he saw and experienced at a WiiU showcase event. Mento points out the pros and cons of different styles of group combat on his wonderfully titled blog. Video_Game_King and Alaska_Gamer both went back to the past in terms of what games they detailed on their blogs. EpicSteve has a very loot centered blog detailing Torchlight II and Borderlands 2. User yeah_write points to Mark of the Ninja and Bastion as games that hurt their stories by adding unnecessary choice, simultaneously user buckybit expresses his frustrations with XCOM Enemy Unkown's controls on his latest blog. User yeah_write also wrote a blog related to the return of the roguelike in the video game industry. nintendoeats explains why GameMaker is a fun place to start attempting at video game programming for anyone interested in making their own games. Apocralyptic shares the fun time he had at the Boston Indie Game event. And Sweep...oh dear Sweep breaks down his failed attempts to play FTL. User dankempster makes his glorious blogging return with an update on all of the gaming he has done recently and MajorMitch doing the same. Finally user shinboy630 provides an extensive blog about his journey to reach level 80 in Guild Wars 2 worth checking out if you are still on the fence about Guild Wars 2.
- Borderlands 2's Story Was... Unexpected. *Thar be Spoilers.* (By: Yummylee)
- My Problems with Battle Royale and Sony as a Whole (By: DarthOrange)
- Season's Beatings: Ascension (28-30th Sep.) Preview & More FGC News! (By: FLStyle)
- Countdown to Dead or Alive 5 - Day 7: DOAα & Closing Thoughts (Day 6: Dead or Alive Dimensions) (Day 5: Dead or Alive 4) (By: AjayRaz)
- Agoraphobia vs Kymophobia (By: Mento)
- Nurse, I Need 30 CCs of Blog, Stat (By: Video_Game_King)
- No One Man Should Have All That Loot (By: EpicSteve)
- The Last Minute Decision (By: yeah_write)
- An Introduction to Making Games (With GameMaker) (By: nintendoeats)
- XCOM Enemy Unknown PC - Prepare Your Gamepad (By: buckybit)
- Adz Plays... Grandia (By: AdzPearson)
- Why I Enjoy Final Fantasy Tactics' Gameplay More Than Other RPGs (By: FLStyle)
- The Roguelike Renaissance (By: yeah_write)
- Boston Festival of Indie Games Wrap-Up (By: Apocralyptic)
- Well, That was Depressing... (By: Sweep)
- Weekly Roundup 09/23/2012 (By: MajorMitch)
- Wii U Experience Event (Los Angeles) (By: Apathylad)
- Level 2-80 in WvW - Part 2: Skills and The Waiting Game (By: shinboy630)
- [insert title] 9-22-12 (By: Alaska_Gamer)
- A Little, More Often (By: dankempster)
Fantastic ForumsWe have a handful of games that have had the Giant Bomb community discussing various topics productively and civilly. User Napalm discusses and admits to his recent fascination with Frito Pies. DoctorDanger asks which franchise you'd like to completely reset and how you would do it. Finally Phatmac has spawned a civil discussion over whether or not pixel art in indie games is overused and why he's not a fan of the art style.
- I Can't Stop Thinking About Frito Pies (Chili + Corn Chips) (By: Napalm)
- Reset a Franchise (By: DoctorDanger99)
- Do You Dislike Pixel Art in Indie Games? (By: Phatmac)
Lovable ListsIt's back to the backlog for this week of user lists. You ever lose a game and many years later re-obtained it? Well that's what GB user IesuNoel's list is all about. GB user GalacticDonut on the other hand has created a list of his favorite "Holy Shit" moments in video games.
- Those 'Holy Shit This is Awesome' Moments in Games (Spoiler Warning!) (By: GalacticDonut)
- Ten Games I Had but Lost Then Found Again (By: IesuNoel)