Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Many Thanks to B0nd07 for the Banner! 
Hello and welcome to the much belated latest episode of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Now some unfortunate news related to some recent event some of you may have noticed earlier this week that Giant Bomb was targeted for a spam attack. The situation is being dealt with and the spammers have been limited to a slower less noticeable rate than last weekend. In better news the 24th was Dave Snider's birthday! Check out these Persona cross Giant Bomb inspired computer wallpapers. For those that are wondering when the "China Don't Care," and "Fuck Ryan Davis" T-Shirts will ship Ryan has confirmed that the manufacturer plans to send them out on Monday. For those of you that have already signed up for or have donated money to the Giant Bomb ExtraLife charity event you will be in good company on October 20th because Alexis and Drew are planning on doing a 24 Hour Halo Marathon to help raise money for children charities. If you didn't know Ryan was on GameSpot's video podcast, Quoted for Truth. Finally check out this video for someone playing the Giantdubstep song by Hamst3r on expert:  

Game Activities & Communities

• Borderlands 2 Gun and Loot Trading Thread - Swap Guns with Other Users Over Here
  • Eurogamer 2012 Expo Hookup and Discussion Thread - Discuss the Event and Plan Meet-ups If You Are There Over Here!
  • DOA 5 Community/Help/Discussion Thread - Post Anything and Everything You Have to Say About DOA5 Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb World of Warcraft: Mists of Panderia Guild - Talk About the Land of the Mystical Pandas Over Here
  • Torchlight II Online Group Thread - If You are Looking to Play With Fellow Users Comment Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

Hey Dead or Alive 5 is out this week so read about all of the insanity about the game on its wiki as well as the character page for Ayane. World of Warcraft is drunk on panda mystery with Mists of Panderia. The wiki page for the worst font typeset in existence, Comic Sans, got a little boost of respectability with its new and improved concept page. 

Best of Blogs

User FLStyle has created dueling blogs this week with a blog about why Final Fantasy Tactics is one of his favorite RPGs ever made and what the Season's Beating: Ascension fighting game event is all about this weekend. AjayRaz continues and complete his retrospective blog series on DOA this week. DarthOrange discusses why Playstaion All-Stars highlights some mascot issues with Sony whereas Apathylad discusses what he saw and experienced at a WiiU showcase event. Mento points out the pros and cons of different styles of group combat on his wonderfully titled blog. Video_Game_King and Alaska_Gamer both went back to the past in terms of what games they detailed on their blogs. EpicSteve has a very loot centered blog detailing Torchlight II and Borderlands 2. User yeah_write points to Mark of the Ninja and Bastion as games that hurt their stories by adding unnecessary choice, simultaneously user buckybit expresses his frustrations with XCOM Enemy Unkown's controls on his latest blog. User yeah_write also wrote a blog related to the return of the roguelike in the video game industry. nintendoeats explains why GameMaker is a fun place to start attempting at video game programming for anyone interested in making their own games. Apocralyptic shares the fun time he had at the Boston Indie Game event. And Sweep...oh dear Sweep breaks down his failed attempts to play FTL. User dankempster makes his glorious blogging return with an update on all of the gaming he has done recently and MajorMitch doing the same. Finally user shinboy630 provides an extensive blog about his journey to reach level 80 in Guild Wars 2 worth checking out if you are still on the fence about Guild Wars 2. 

Fantastic Forums 

We have a handful of games that have had the Giant Bomb community discussing various topics productively and civilly. User Napalm discusses and admits to his recent fascination with Frito Pies. DoctorDanger asks which franchise you'd like to completely reset and how you would do it. Finally Phatmac has spawned a civil discussion over whether or not pixel art in indie games is overused and why he's not a fan of the art style. 

Lovable Lists 

It's back to the backlog for this week of user lists. You ever lose a game and many years later re-obtained it? Well that's what GB user IesuNoel's list is all about. GB user GalacticDonut on the other hand has created a list of his favorite "Holy Shit" moments in video games. 

Useful User Reviews 

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the much belated latest episode of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Now some unfortunate news related to some recent event some of you may have noticed earlier this week that Giant Bomb was targeted for a spam attack. The situation is being dealt with and the spammers have been limited to a slower less noticeable rate than last weekend. In better news the 24th was Dave Snider's birthday! Check out these Persona cross Giant Bomb inspired computer wallpapers. For those that are wondering when the "China Don't Care," and "Fuck Ryan Davis" T-Shirts will ship Ryan has confirmed that the manufacturer plans to send them out on Monday. For those of you that have already signed up for or have donated money to the Giant Bomb ExtraLife charity event you will be in good company on October 20th because Alexis and Drew are planning on doing a 24 Hour Halo Marathon to help raise money for children charities. If you didn't know Ryan was on GameSpot's video podcast, Quoted for Truth. Finally check out this video for someone playing the Giantdubstep song by Hamst3r on expert:  

Game Activities & Communities

• Borderlands 2 Gun and Loot Trading Thread - Swap Guns with Other Users Over Here
  • Eurogamer 2012 Expo Hookup and Discussion Thread - Discuss the Event and Plan Meet-ups If You Are There Over Here!
  • DOA 5 Community/Help/Discussion Thread - Post Anything and Everything You Have to Say About DOA5 Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb World of Warcraft: Mists of Panderia Guild - Talk About the Land of the Mystical Pandas Over Here
  • Torchlight II Online Group Thread - If You are Looking to Play With Fellow Users Comment Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

Hey Dead or Alive 5 is out this week so read about all of the insanity about the game on its wiki as well as the character page for Ayane. World of Warcraft is drunk on panda mystery with Mists of Panderia. The wiki page for the worst font typeset in existence, Comic Sans, got a little boost of respectability with its new and improved concept page. 

Best of Blogs

User FLStyle has created dueling blogs this week with a blog about why Final Fantasy Tactics is one of his favorite RPGs ever made and what the Season's Beating: Ascension fighting game event is all about this weekend. AjayRaz continues and complete his retrospective blog series on DOA this week. DarthOrange discusses why Playstaion All-Stars highlights some mascot issues with Sony whereas Apathylad discusses what he saw and experienced at a WiiU showcase event. Mento points out the pros and cons of different styles of group combat on his wonderfully titled blog. Video_Game_King and Alaska_Gamer both went back to the past in terms of what games they detailed on their blogs. EpicSteve has a very loot centered blog detailing Torchlight II and Borderlands 2. User yeah_write points to Mark of the Ninja and Bastion as games that hurt their stories by adding unnecessary choice, simultaneously user buckybit expresses his frustrations with XCOM Enemy Unkown's controls on his latest blog. User yeah_write also wrote a blog related to the return of the roguelike in the video game industry. nintendoeats explains why GameMaker is a fun place to start attempting at video game programming for anyone interested in making their own games. Apocralyptic shares the fun time he had at the Boston Indie Game event. And Sweep...oh dear Sweep breaks down his failed attempts to play FTL. User dankempster makes his glorious blogging return with an update on all of the gaming he has done recently and MajorMitch doing the same. Finally user shinboy630 provides an extensive blog about his journey to reach level 80 in Guild Wars 2 worth checking out if you are still on the fence about Guild Wars 2. 

Fantastic Forums 

We have a handful of games that have had the Giant Bomb community discussing various topics productively and civilly. User Napalm discusses and admits to his recent fascination with Frito Pies. DoctorDanger asks which franchise you'd like to completely reset and how you would do it. Finally Phatmac has spawned a civil discussion over whether or not pixel art in indie games is overused and why he's not a fan of the art style. 

Lovable Lists 

It's back to the backlog for this week of user lists. You ever lose a game and many years later re-obtained it? Well that's what GB user IesuNoel's list is all about. GB user GalacticDonut on the other hand has created a list of his favorite "Holy Shit" moments in video games. 

Useful User Reviews 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Video_Game_King: So here's the thing...I've been linking your username to various wiki pages intermittently for the last three months or so.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

I've been linking your username to various wiki pages intermittently for the last three months or so.

Back to this again, eh? Time to update my lists.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By bed

aha! the Ayane and DOA5 wiki paged got spotlighted. thank you! this, along with getting front paged makes some of my recent GB work an astounding success!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone and kudos to the wiki editors! There's no end to creative madness of GiantBomb's journalists.

@AjayRaz:

Way to make Ayane's page sexy! You're lucky that you have your avatar in your top 8 Wiki Submissions. I couldn't do that Volke.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By takashichea

I feel bad that I haven't been tweeted some of Giantbomb's blogs or wiki pages. Though, I have been retweeting ZombiePie's tweets about anything Fire Emblem related.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8  Edited By Hizang

Sorry guys, I was getting messages up the ass to update my community game hub lists, well they are now all up to date. Keep those names coming, I'm also willing to do more lists so please send me games you want lists made for!

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/hizang/community-gb-game-hub/46-72914/

I have also just made a community thread for Resident Evil 6 which you can find here.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

How come these spotlights get such low comments? :| Also cool to be in there! :)

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Phatmac said:

How come these spotlights get such low comments?

From what I've seen, it usually picks up by the end of the week, usually in the low to mid 20s.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Video_Game_King said:

@Phatmac said:

From what I've seen, it usually picks up by the end of the week, usually in the low to mid 20s.

Also during the weekends the site generally hits its lowest points in terms of usage.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Phatmac
@ZombiePie That's what I was thinking.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By EpicSteve

@ZombiePie said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Phatmac said:

Also during the weekends the site generally hits its lowest points in terms of usage.

Because we're alcoholics.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#14  Edited By bobafettjm

@Phatmac: I always read through them every week, I just don't generally comment on them.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@EpicSteve said:

@ZombiePie said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Phatmac said:

Come now...we're binge-drinkers, not alcoholics.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

@EpicSteve said:

@ZombiePie said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Phatmac said:

Come now...we're binge-drinkers, not alcoholics.

I'm not. I have to assume you're talking about (former) staff & moderators.

TehLukeHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By TehLukeHD

I don't like the look of this :/

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers