As mentioned in a previous topic I have been busy indexing every single quick look. I have now decided to open it for everyone to help edit. The following document contains one spreadsheet for each video category with the exception of trailers (which is not made by Giant Bomb anyway).
Information about the Quick Looks spreadsheet:
- The spreadsheet is not automatically updated with every new quicklook, but I have created a method to make manual updating easier. I usually update it whenever there has been two or more quicklooks.
- The only fields that should be edited are the ones for who participates in quick looks, who the driver is, and the additional info field. the last field is open to include more detailed information, but if anyone has good ideas for other fields feel free to share them.
- All the other basic information fields should not be edited to keep the spreadsheet as close to the GB database as possible. I have locked those fields for editing.
- As was mentioned here the runtime was missing. This has been added for all videos during the "downtime".
The other spreadsheets include the "additional info" fields for those who wish to add something, and the Endurance Run spreadsheet has an additional field for showing what type of episode it is. One with story progress, or just gameplay.
So what can this be used for? Lets say you want to find out which quick looks are the longest. Download the document into LibreOffice or similar and sort by length. Want to find quick looks with Jeff and Ryan? Sort by Jeff's column then Ryan. Each video is linked to so you can go to it directly from the document.Hope someone finds any use for it, and someone is willing to help out filling it in.
Here are the explanation of the fields:
- # - The numbering of the quick look according to the Giant Bomb database.
- ID - The internal id used by Giant Bomb.
- Date and Time - When the video was posted.
- Length - The duration of the video.
- Ex/Road Show - If it is, or isn't. (easy way to avoid them) Both are highlighted in the name field as well.
- Name - The title of the video. In this and several other categories different types of videos are color coded. (Quick Look Ex, Encyclopedia Bombastica etc.)
- The People fields - This is the important ones. Every person who actively participates in a video gets a 1 in their column for that video.
- Others - Anyone who participates that doesn't have their own column. People who just shout from the sidelines can be mentioned in the "Additional Info" field. (comma seperated)
- Driver - Who is actually controlling the game, or "Multiplayer".
- Filled In - turns Green automatically when information is added for the quick look.
- Verified - Mark this as "yes" if you have watched the entire video and can verify the information.
- Description - Giant Bomb's description for the video.
- Platform - The platform or platforms being used in the quick look. (comma seperated)
- Brad Time To Death - formated similarly to the length field.
- Uploader - The person who posted the video.
- URL - Link to the video page for that quick look.
- Image - The large thumbnail for the video as shown on the website
- HD video URL - The link to download the video.
- Additional Info - Any interesting info can be placed here.
Same base fields except the Contents field for showing what type of episode it is. One with story progress, or just gameplay. All other spreadsheets contain the same fields but only some can be edited. Let me know what you guys think!
Now also includes podcasts!