#1 Edited by JJGIANT (882 posts) -

Is it just me or does anybody else think the Dead Space boxart is really bad and that they could have put something more interesting on it than a floating hand. Maybe the hand could be bleeding alot more I dunno

#2 Posted by Elijah (147 posts) -

You have the most creative spelling of "a lot" I have ever seen.

#3 Posted by Megalon (1457 posts) -

I dug it. I'm not sure they can just put a bunch of blood on the cover, given that little kids can see it sitting on a shelf.

#4 Posted by Karmum (11515 posts) -

I think it is OK, feels a bit plain/something is missing.

#5 Posted by JJGIANT (882 posts) -
Elijah said:
"You have the most creative spelling of "a lot" I have ever seen."

Yh sorry bout that my keyboard is spazzed plus I'm and idiot
#6 Posted by Linkyshinks (11407 posts) -

It's alright but I see your point. It could not have been too graphic though.

#7 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1485 posts) -

 I don't think the box art is that bad.
P.S "alot" is a common error.

#8 Posted by JJGIANT (882 posts) -
Karmum said:
"I think it is OK, feels a bit plain/something is missing."

yeah definatley something is missing, it hasn't got a very good composition
#9 Posted by get2sammyb (6686 posts) -
JJGIANT said:
"Is it just me or does anybody else think the Dead Space boxart is really bad and that they could have put something more interesting on it than a floating hand. Maybe the hand could be bleeding alot more I dunno"
Do you not think it perfectly encapsulates what the whole game is about? A picture paints a thousand words and all that.

Best new IP this year. Fingers crossed Mirrors Edge is the second best new IP this year. I actually love EA again.
#10 Posted by clubsandwich (3965 posts) -

I think it's awesome.

#11 Edited by JJGIANT (882 posts) -

get2sammyb said:


"JJGIANT said:
"Is it just me or does anybody else think the Dead Space boxart is really bad and that they could have put something more interesting on it than a floating hand. Maybe the hand could be bleeding alot more I dunno"
Do you not think it perfectly encapsulates what the whole game is about? A picture paints a thousand words and all that.

Best new IP this year. Fingers crossed Mirrors Edge is the second best new IP this year. I actually love EA again."

Good point it does show off all that strategic dismemberment stuff which is a big draw of that game

#12 Posted by GMan (489 posts) -

Surprised they didn't use Ben Templesmith art (he's the dude that drew the 30 Days of Night comic).  Ben drew the Dead Space prequel comic and EA was going all out at Wonder-Con trying to get people (including me) to interview him and the writer in order to promote the game and comic.  He has an interesting style. It seems simple yet it can be kinda creepy at times.

#13 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2916 posts) -

It's damn good IMO.

#14 Edited by Virago (2563 posts) -
GMan said:
"Surprised they didn't use Ben Templesmith art (he's the dude that drew the 30 Days of Night comic).  Ben drew the Dead Space prequel comic and EA was going all out at Wonder-Con trying to get people (including me) to interview him and the writer in order to promote the game and comic.  He has an interesting style. It seems simple yet it can be kinda creepy at times.

"
I love his art. In a creepy kind of way. And i love that there was a comic book prequel.
I think it's slightly gorey... but it'd be great box art.
#15 Posted by Black_Raven (1764 posts) -

I actually think its pretty good, you cant have to much stuff on a box art, it has to be simple.

#16 Posted by Black_Raven (1764 posts) -
Virago said:
"GMan said:
"Surprised they didn't use Ben Templesmith art (he's the dude that drew the 30 Days of Night comic).  Ben drew the Dead Space prequel comic and EA was going all out at Wonder-Con trying to get people (including me) to interview him and the writer in order to promote the game and comic.  He has an interesting style. It seems simple yet it can be kinda creepy at times.

"
I love his art. In a creepy kind of way. And i love that there was a comic book prequel.
I think it's slightly gorey... but it'd be great box art.
"
Those would make an awesome box art.
#17 Posted by jakob187 (22311 posts) -

Yeah, it would've been amazing if Templesmith had done the box art.  However, I think the box art does exactly what it needs to do.  Go back and look at the original movie poster for Alien:



Not really much goin on there, ya know.  It's still an iconic image, though...

...and when I think of severed hand floating through space, I definitely think of Dead Space first.  =  /
#18 Posted by TheGreatGuero (8882 posts) -

Yeah, it's not that great. Though I think the other ones you guys showed above are a bit too disturbing to be box art. Personally, I hate bad box art. In some cases, it kind of discourages me from buying certain games, like Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for instance.

#19 Posted by Clean (2433 posts) -

Don't Judge a Book by its cover

#20 Posted by Dark_Spartan796 (34 posts) -

Or a game by its case. Dead Space was fucking epic.