The Deuce

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

Edited By Alphazero

It's the year of the sequel -- the second in the series -- as company after company drops a big number two on the gaming public. Anticipated within the next twelve months are such titles as Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock 2, Left 4 Dead 2, possibly Crackdown 2, Dead Rising 2, DiRT 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Mass Effect 2, ARMA II, The BIGS 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Red Steel 2, Lost Planet 2, and Modern Warfare 2 (which might secretly be a 6 disguised as a 2) . Already released are games I loved like Skate 2, Fable II, and -- breaking news -- Worms 2: Armageddon.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with where we are in the console cycle. A bunch of new games were released when the Xbox 360 (also a second in the series), Playstation 3,  and Wii first came out, and we're hitting the point a few years later where the developers could turn around a sequel for the games that seemed to warrant them. Personally, I think it's a great thing as the second game has a chance to iron out any problems found in the first, while still delivering more of the same game play I loved before.

I'm excited. Who else is ready to go number 2?

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Alphazero

It's the year of the sequel -- the second in the series -- as company after company drops a big number two on the gaming public. Anticipated within the next twelve months are such titles as Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock 2, Left 4 Dead 2, possibly Crackdown 2, Dead Rising 2, DiRT 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Mass Effect 2, ARMA II, The BIGS 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Red Steel 2, Lost Planet 2, and Modern Warfare 2 (which might secretly be a 6 disguised as a 2) . Already released are games I loved like Skate 2, Fable II, and -- breaking news -- Worms 2: Armageddon.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with where we are in the console cycle. A bunch of new games were released when the Xbox 360 (also a second in the series), Playstation 3,  and Wii first came out, and we're hitting the point a few years later where the developers could turn around a sequel for the games that seemed to warrant them. Personally, I think it's a great thing as the second game has a chance to iron out any problems found in the first, while still delivering more of the same game play I loved before.

I'm excited. Who else is ready to go number 2?

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DanielJW

Despite your vulgar undertones, I'm excited. Left for Dead 2, Bioshock 2, and Modern Warfare 2 are some of my most anticipated games coming up. Not to mention Red Steel 2, which is really drawing my attention. Lets hope get some great sequels!

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alphazero

Vulgar? Whatever do you mean?

A bunch of big number 2s are coming our way, and I couldn't be happier.

grawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By grawly

They should try harder with sequel titles, like Assassin's Creed: Italian Renaissance. Though the only games I'm really looking forward to this year are all new IPs.