Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By twillfast
@xyzygy said:
" @twillfast said:

" What the hell is up with the frame rate of that forza video? It's so sketchy I almost got a headache watching it. I'm getting GT5 because I've been waiting on it since I got my PS3 in '07 and I'll be damned if I quit now.   Forza seems like it'll be a must-have for 360 owners who like driving games, but after seeing that video I'd definitly look into the framerate before getting it. "

Dude, it's been confirmed a longgg time ago that the game will run in 60FPS. The creator even said so on stage in front of thousands of people at E3. The video in some parts is meant to hold stills, it's called a transition effect. It's just the way the video was made.

I'm not talking about the style of the video, I'm talking about the friggin' framerate lag. If you don't see it you are not looking at the screen.
But yes, I watched this video on gametrailers and it runs way smoother.
dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#152  Edited By dezvous
@xyzygy said:
" @dezvous: Dude the only reason it's taking so long is because of that reason - they want to make everything look good. Where as on Forza's side, the game already looks good, and it's coming out next month. You realize that Turn 10 was able to already release 2 games WITHIN the time span it took to create GT5? And that's not even all because it's not even sure when the game is released. ]  I don't know about you, but I'd rather have an actual game to play, or two, instead of waiting and waiting for 4-5 years for one game. Just saying. "

I think it's pretty obvious Polyphony Digital is not trying to deliver the same experience as Forza 3, this is apparent in the way both handle things very differently. So with that I say, to each his own. I like Forza, it's a good racing game, just don't have a 360 anymore. Not enough free time to warrant owning two expensive consoles with their own expensive games, so I chose one.

That being said I do prefer Gran Turismo though, I just like the way it handles. I understand all the complaints, Gran Turismo is definitely not your everyman racer, it's a more serious racing game so to speak. That doesn't mean I'm saying Forza 3 isn't a serious racing game, but obviously they cater to a diferent crowd of people. I don't always have to come in first, in fact, I'd much rather come in second or third of hell even fifth as long as it was a good race. So many racing games online are just filled with assholes that slam into you from behind and use you as a bumper, no matter what game you're playing. That's no fun, it's so much more exhilarating to draft your opponents correctly and narrowly avoid hitting them when you come barreling into a corner attempting a mid corner overtake. I mean that's where racing excitement really is. Or being comfortable being in second coming around the final turn and banking it all on the draft and slingshot across the finish line neck and neck with the guy who's been putting up a clean fight the whole race. I've found with Gran Turismo prologue there are more drivers like that. I think that's a bit telling. Of course there are plenty of jackasses there too though, and there always will be.
Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#153  Edited By Bouke

Brad should have called this news story;    The Dualing Fanboys Of Forza 3 And Gran Turismo 5!!

Both videos look great and i guess the winner is Ferrari, because that is a pretty sweet ride! I am however sad that they only announced the Japanese release date for GT5, well not really a date, a month. But i have to say after playing both games at Gamescom last month i'm going to buy both. If you like realistic racing games and you can afford both, then why wouldn't you!? They each have pros and cons, but both will be great!
I'm not going into which one is better, but i will say that GT5 trailer looks nothing like what was playable at Gamescom. Also i hope the 458 Italia will be a free download in Forza 3. Not that i won't buy it if you have to pay for it, i just like things for free... i'm Dutch.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By Alexander
@NeoUltima said:
" GT footage is from replay mode(whenever the car is driving on the track. The views of it stationary with black background at the start aren't though). "
Link please.
Arne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By Arne
@xyzygy said:
@Arne said:

" Say what you want about the games, but PD's trailer kinda leave turn10s trailer in the dust, its not even remotely as good. "

yeah, because it's all CG, pre-rendered. Forza's is in game, duh. 

Notice how the GT5 video doesn't even have the sounds of the car... just a song and video.   

Sigh im so tired of all fucking fanboys, it doesnt matter if its CG or not CG, the best trailer of the two is PDs.

If you are looking for gameplay videos of the game, then wait for it, this is a trailer promoting the ferrari and PD did it better, end of story.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By dbz1995

YOU EVIL EVIL PEOPLE! MAKING US ARGUE LIKE THAT...WHERE IS THE LOVE?

BigD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#157  Edited By BigD

That Forza vid is in-game footage? DO WANT

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@twillfast said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @twillfast said:

" What the hell is up with the frame rate of that forza video? It's so sketchy I almost got a headache watching it. I'm getting GT5 because I've been waiting on it since I got my PS3 in '07 and I'll be damned if I quit now.   Forza seems like it'll be a must-have for 360 owners who like driving games, but after seeing that video I'd definitly look into the framerate before getting it. "

Dude, it's been confirmed a longgg time ago that the game will run in 60FPS. The creator even said so on stage in front of thousands of people at E3. The video in some parts is meant to hold stills, it's called a transition effect. It's just the way the video was made.
 I'm not talking about the style of the video, I'm talking about the friggin' framerate lag. If you don't see it you are not looking at the screen.But yes, I watched this video on gametrailers and it runs way smoother. "
There's nothing wrong with the framerate in the video..  And even if there was, we already now have a demo up for Forza.  It looks beautiful, and runs absolutely smoothly.  The game is locked at 60fps, trying to argue about it now that most of us have actually played the game ourselves, is a little pointless.
Imperial_ninjA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Imperial_ninjA

FACK now i have to buy a PS3 (that sure is ingame footage, if they Prerendered'd then i can guarantee it would look much better, but damn!  

ps. whats with forza's framerate?

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By PhilESkyline

Real or not GT did a better job. It focused on one car and made you drool. I think Forza had a good start with all the models but it would have been nice to see them all in motion and not just a few of them. Overall I think GT won this hands down.

Imperial_ninjA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Imperial_ninjA

FACK now i have to buy a PS3 (that sure is ingame footage, if they Prerendered'd then i can guarantee it would look much better, but damn!  

ps. whats with forza's framerate?

Avatar image for deactivated-6029bd8453737
deactivated-6029bd8453737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this revelation will muddy the waters at all concerning GT's graphics (although it's pretty clear it's in-engine but NOT in-game; there's a difference) but in the video skip forward to about 1:20. When the video starts from the left wheel of the car, zoomed in, and then begins to zoom out, look at the mountain in the distance and tell if you don't see something weird there. The exact time that you should be looking for is 1:25. It looks like the mountains are popping in (there might be another term) in the distance. I know I'm not seeing things. 

Seriously though, someone else (there was one guy who seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about this type of thing) take a look at that to let me know that I wasn't seeing things. 

This definitely wouldn't happen in a completely pre-rendered video would it? As someone else said, this is most likely replay footage. A slight step up from the regular game.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Black_Raven
@Murkurial said:
" I don't know if this revelation will muddy the waters at all concerning GT's graphics (although it's pretty clear it's in-engine but NOT in-game; there's a difference) but in the video skip forward to about 1:20. When the video starts from the left wheel of the car, zoomed in, and then begins to zoom out, look at the mountain in the distance and tell if you don't see something weird there. The exact time that you should be looking for is 1:25. It looks like the mountains are popping in (there might be another term) in the distance. I know I'm not seeing things.  Seriously though, someone else (there was one guy who seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about this type of thing) take a look at that to let me know that I wasn't seeing things.  This definitely wouldn't happen in a completely pre-rendered video would it? As someone else said, this is most likely replay footage. A slight step up from the regular game. "
The video looks like it has footage from replays and pre-rendered scenes, the up close shots of the car with huge amounts of detail in the lighting definitely doesn't represent in-game or even replay quality, though the car model used in those scenes are probably the same as the one used in gameplay. I think GT5 is easily the more realistic looking game, Forza 3 looks kinda cartoonish in places to me.
fmprodguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#164  Edited By fmprodguy

Wow...  Seriously WOW!!! 

Both look amazing, both different styles video wise. 

The GT video looks pre rendered since a good chunk is off track is an unrealistic place that would not exist in game, and on track the blured background would not be playable thus the hint to prerendered. Looks like they spent a ton of time in the video on the car model, the backgrounds are either muted, or simple tracks without much background, some trees, grass, etc... And MOST of the video is at slow speeds, not much zooming by to often... But damn that's being SUPER picky. 

The Forza video is in game, for all the videos so far Turn10 has beaten their chest about everything being in engine and that the videos were made inside the video editor, that's inside the game... If that is true of this video... contest over Forza wins...BUT if they are both prerendered, it's totaly different! Forza has busy backgrounds, high speeds through most of the video... overall super, but the car is not in quite as high resolution... Again if this is all in game vs rendered, win Forza... If not, it's a better car resolution vs much more compilcated background and higher speeds... 

Lastly... we don't know what the original video comptession of each one was, and what it was rerendered to. The Codecs used can cause all sorts of changes in pixilation, jumpy video, etc... 

BOTTOME LINE: DAMN, 360 or PS3, AN AMAZING RACING GAME IS COMMING FOR YOU!!!! 

enjoy!!!
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#165  Edited By buzz_killington

The GT's trailer's animation is too weak to be CG. It has to be in-game, right?

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By yakov456
@Gunner: That is pretty sad.
tedbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By tedbear

Giant Bomb is the new Gamespot

hey jeff - system wars posts will increase our traffic
yarr ryan lets do it

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#168  Edited By Gunner
@gunslingerNZ: 

Nah, I just dont like having to slow down to 15 mph to take a small turn.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Gunner
@yakov456: Whats sad is sinking hundreds of hours into a game and being a total dick ti anyone that doesn't like the same game as you. 

man there are a lot of elitist pricks that play racing sims.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By bubahula
@P45K4L said:
"Forza 3 looks awesome and the environments look stunning...GT5 is not even ingame what is Poly thinking they're doing a commercial for Ferrari or something =[ "

this,
CrescentFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By CrescentFresh

I like the car.

niyoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By niyoko

Forza franchise is clearly and slimply better than than the Gran Turismo one now. Sorry GT5 boys, it is the truth. I can go play my copy of Forza 3 and compete with other drivers online while everyone is waiting for GT5 to try and release on time.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By LiquidPrince
@CitizenKane said:
" I highly doubt the GT5 footage is in-game, but it sure does look nice. "
There are parts that are clearly in game, and parts where I'm not so sure. In the battle of the trailers GT wins hands down. Actual game wise... well we shall see.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@Gunner: Oh you mean you don't like driving like you would around a real hairpin? I understand...
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175  Edited By tebbit
@niyoko said:
" Forza franchise is clearly and slimply better than than the Gran Turismo one now. Sorry GT5 boys, it is the truth. I can go play my copy of Forza 3 and compete with other drivers online while everyone is waiting for GT5 to try and release on time. "
I will crush you!!!
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#176  Edited By FesteringNeon

Forza is mostly a driving game, emphasis on customizing/tuning. GT is a car appreciation, catalog, and authentic feel without feeling gimmicky.   

Either way you look at it, you win. Buy both if you're so concerned you'll miss out on something. 

DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By DRE7777

HOLLY SHIIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Did anyone else get shivers down thier spine when watching the GT5 one, I know its not in game footage but still.

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#178  Edited By eXists

I ran both videos together, that was really neat :-)  Yes, GT5 looks better but I doubt it's gameplay footage. Can't wait for FORZA, coming in a few weeks! Don't know if GT5 will convince me of getting a PS3 though but I would be dishonest not to say that it looks really really good... 
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Al3xand3r

I love how everyone's sure the GT5 vid isn't in-game simply based on the fact it looks twice as good as Forza 3. Like it's not also possible Forza's video is sprouced up also with insane amounts of AA/AF or whatever the 360 can't handle. Just treat both equally skeptical for now guys.

Why is the Forza video in crappy frame rate btw? Video player issue or is the source like that?

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Reuben
@Tebbit said:
" What's the music in the Forza one? I guess it's already understood that GT5 will look graphically better than Forza 3, but at least Forza keeps to their release dates... for the most part. "
Alex Metric - What now
twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By twillfast
@WinterSnowblind said:

" @twillfast said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @twillfast said:

I'm not talking about the style of the video, I'm talking about the friggin' framerate lag. If you don't see it you are not looking at the screen.But yes, I watched this video on gametrailers and it runs way smoother. "
There's nothing wrong with the framerate in the video..  And even if there was, we already now have a demo up for Forza.  It looks beautiful, and runs absolutely smoothly.  The game is locked at 60fps, trying to argue about it now that most of us have actually played the game ourselves, is a little pointless. "
As it is pointless to argue over my lag-sensitive eyes seeing lag in this video. And if you read my last post, which I guess you didn't, you would've seen that I'm not saying the game has framerate issues. I'll re-quote myself for emphasis: 

@twillfast said:

"I watched this video on gametrailers and it runs way smoother. "

Snake_Eyes_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Snake_Eyes_Ex

GT5 pre-rendered video does look much better than the real-time footage of Forza 3.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#183  Edited By ez123
@Al3xand3r said:
"Like it's not also possible Forza's video is sprouced up also with insane amounts of AA/AF or whatever the 360 can't handle.  "
Well, the demo came out and that's how it looks.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Gunner
@gunslingerNZ: 
Nope, if i want to do that, ill just head down to the local track and do it in real life, like ive done before.
nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By nick69

doubt that the gt5 footage is ingame.

tedbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By tedbear

and we have a WINNER

Both games have Demos out 

Forza demo came out a few days ago. Looks and plays amazingly well  
GT5 demo came out a few months ago. (GT5 pro). Looks not as good as Forza and plays like an old PS2 game

SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By SILIK
LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#188  Edited By LeetBalla

Hard to believe that GT5 footage is in engine considering Sony's record on this sort of thing.

SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By SILIK
@LeetBalla: I'm assuming you are referring to the Killzone 2 trailer? Which was shown 4 years before the release. And after all the shit that Guerilla Games got from that, everyone seems to forget that the end product was graphically a lot better. 

And what comes to this GT5 trailer, and in this late of the production, when it's practically over, I'll bet that is all genuine. After all, the graphics doesn't seem to been improved that much from the Prologue. I can understand that the developer would show some pre-rendered cutscenes off from a game that's release is year or a two away. And that's not even so uncommon. And now comes the "big secret"...GT 5 is done. Finished. The development of the game is in a state where only minor changes can be made and thrown to QA for a lot of testing. If they really are going to release it on march 2010, then the game is already done.
LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#190  Edited By LeetBalla
@SILIK said:
" @LeetBalla: I'm assuming you are referring to the Killzone 2 trailer? Which was shown 4 years before the release. And after all the shit that Guerilla Games got from that, everyone seems to forget that the end product was graphically a lot better.   
A lot better? Even though I loved the game and thought it looked great I think don't think it looked as good as that E3 trailer. I believe what I see when GT5 comes out, even though I will still probably be playing Forza.
empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By empfeix
@Alexander:
@GrandpaStu said:
" @Alexander said:

"For anyone wondering, the track in the Forza vid is by a guy called Alex Metric and it's called What Now.  If you ever get a chance to see one of his DJ sets do, they're awesome. "

track in GT5 video is, London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Remix)     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNDlLiVBK0&fmt=18     "  

thank you both - both these songs are fantastic and both companies get top marks for song choice! 

anyone know what the beginning of the forza 3 song is? It sounds different then the second half which is the metric song, I could be wrong
SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By SILIK
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#193  Edited By tebbit
@LeetBalla said:
" @SILIK said:
" @LeetBalla: I'm assuming you are referring to the Killzone 2 trailer? Which was shown 4 years before the release. And after all the shit that Guerilla Games got from that, everyone seems to forget that the end product was graphically a lot better.   
A lot better? Even though I loved the game and thought it looked great I think don't think it looked as good as that E3 trailer. I believe what I see when GT5 comes out, even though I will still probably be playing Forza. "
I reckon it looked way better. Sure, the actual Killzone 2 wasn't all anti-aliased but it was way more colourful and detailed than that trailer. Compare some footage and you'll probably be suprised
kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By kagekage
@Tebbit said:
" @niyoko said:
" Forza franchise is clearly and slimply better than than the Gran Turismo one now. Sorry GT5 boys, it is the truth. I can go play my copy of Forza 3 and compete with other drivers online while everyone is waiting for GT5 to try and release on time. "
I will crush you!!! "
Yes, just because you say it is better, GT is worse than Forza. I get how the universe works now!
kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By kagekage
@tedbear said:
" and we have a WINNER  Both games have Demos out  Forza demo came out a few days ago. Looks and plays amazingly well   GT5 demo came out a few months ago. (GT5 pro). Looks not as good as Forza and plays like an old PS2 game "
Coming from the guy who has a MASTER CHIEF avatar.
And dipshit, it's the GT5: Prologue. GT5 demo isn't even out yet moron.
Of couse Forza's gonna be better than Prologue cause Pro is OLDER.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By crunchUK

...WOah 

it's as if i just entered system wars. I will just say, have you tried the forza 3 demo yet? It's pretty cool...

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By TwoOneFive
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Snake_Eyes_Ex said:
" GT5 pre-rendered video does look much better than the real-time footage of Forza 3. "
XD 

seriously man, i am going to be quoting all of you guys once gt5 comes out
Sharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Sharpshooter

That GT5 video looks amazing but the little voice in the back of my head keeps saying "That looks way to good to be anything other than a tech demo or a brushed up trailer". Of course then the little voice goes back to his usual ramblings about lizard people and the need for a tin foil hat.

CrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By CrazedJoker
@TwoOneFive said:
" @Snake_Eyes_Ex said:
" GT5 pre-rendered video does look much better than the real-time footage of Forza 3. "
XD  seriously man, i am going to be quoting all of you guys once gt5 comes out "
Get a fucking life. Forza will always be better.