This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sgtskzell (11 posts) -

Does anyone else feel like it has gone on too long, and should be replaced with something new?

Sure, DOTA is a great game, but I feel like Brad could be creating some kind of other content. Breaking Brad is always fun to watch and entertaining as hell. Volgarr the Viking was EPIC. Especially when Brad decided to dish on Max, haha.

How does everyone else feel?

#2 Posted by Itwongo (1127 posts) -

There's room for both.

#3 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I'm personally not a fan of it, but it's better than nothing.

#4 Posted by ShaggE (6335 posts) -

Sure, make way for Hourly Heroes of Newerth.

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (8549 posts) -
#6 Edited by talibanchic (95 posts) -

Yeah and Vinny should stop playing Dark Souls because I don't like that either. His new content will be "Regular Ride to Hell: Retribution".

#7 Posted by Levius (1077 posts) -

According to the coming soon there will be a Breaking Brad this week, as well as daily DOTA, so they're not mutually exclusive. I get the impression that daily DOTA doesn't impact any of the other stuff, so why not.

#8 Edited by pyromagnestir (4247 posts) -

Daily Dota has been over for a long time. I, for one, was sad to see it go.

Every Once in a While Dota is not a worthy successor but I'll take what I can get.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

no i think they should just get brad to go on an endurance run through every zelda game

#10 Edited by Hailinel (23915 posts) -

no i think they should just get brad to go on an endurance run through every zelda game

He'd probably get stuck in the Lost Woods in the first Legend of Zelda forever. :P

In all seriousness, if Brad wants to keep doing DOTA streams, I'm not going to complain. I don't watch them, but it does have its fans.

#11 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Bradley May Cry 2 please?

#12 Edited by MrPeabody (61 posts) -

@talibanchic said:

Yeah and Vinny should stop playing Dark Souls because I don't like that either. His new content will be "Regular Ride to Hell: Retribution".

Yessss, that's the one! A Red Hot Demon Soul!

#13 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -

@barrock said:

Bradley May Cry 2 please?

Followed immediately by DMC3 on Dante Must Die.

#14 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -

Daily Dota comes back for it's first episode in what seems like months, basing an episode on a major patch and still you people manage to bitch about it.

Incredible.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6193 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

Daily Dota has been over for a long time. I, for one, was sad to see it go.

Every Once in a While Dota is not a worthy successor but I'll take what I can get.

Yeah, pretty much. Like, how did this thread even get created? Daily Dota basically is over, and Brad can barely be bothered to stream his sorry ass playing Dota like twice a month.

Also, Brad should probably switch to an easier game like League or Awesomenauts or something, because (even acknowledging a bit of camera-based nervousness), he seems like he doesn't ever understand what he should be doing, and once laning is kinda over he just walks around aimlessly a bunch and I feel like his average gold per minute and exp per minute drop precipitously because he has little idea where to be or what to do. That and the guides seem like a huge crutch for him, in terms of knowing what items to get and what skills to get for his character.

#16 Posted by CornBREDX (4815 posts) -

I like it. It's not like something else is going on.

You don't have to watch it, if you don't like it. He still does other stuff too. He already did daily dota today and is doing breaking brad later in the week.

Actually I think it's so much of that this week because Jeff is out of the office and this is Brad coming up with content ideas for the week =P

Seriously, though. I enjoy Daily Dota.

#17 Edited by Zeik (2223 posts) -

I have never watched Daily Dota and I have no problem with that. I'm not so narcissistic as to believe every piece of content on this site should directly align with my tastes. Hell, most of it doesn't.

#18 Posted by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

How about just not watching it? You could try that.

#19 Posted by joshth (500 posts) -

I don't watch Daily Dota because I'm not a big fan of Dota, but that's no reason to put a stop to it. Dota has it's fans, why don't you leave them be and let them enjoy the series.

#20 Posted by CrazyBagMan (836 posts) -

Him not doing the daily dota doesn't mean he'd be making something else.

#21 Posted by talibanchic (95 posts) -

@strife777: 'BUT BRAD IS AT 100% UTILISATION AND THAT DOTA TIME COULD BE BETTER AIMED AT ME!'

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11478 posts) -

At least Brad isn't on the street, doing hunkadunk. Have you ever thought about it that way?

#23 Posted by Yummylee (21271 posts) -

You probably weren't being serious, but I would llllove to see Vinny play more of that hilarious rubbish.

#24 Edited by EXTomar (4500 posts) -

No. I would say the same thing about someone whining about the Dark Souls show. The Daily Dota is fun by itself where if they can keep getting guests on then it is a lot of fun.

#25 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (211 posts) -

I hate how this site forces me to watch The Daily Dota. It's unfair. I want to be able to watch other content, but they won't let me unless I sit through the newest episode. It's e-tyranny!

#26 Edited by English (158 posts) -

Honestly, even if I didn't enjoy the daily dota, I think it is an interesting show to have on Giantbomb simply because it is different from the regular content. Usually video content is restricted to whoever is in the office, and that means the giantbomb guys 99% of the time apart from gaming conventions. The daily dota has a different group of people who are in my opinion, still quite entertaining, along with guests that normally wouldn't appear in traditional giantbomb content. Not to mention, it's a group of guys playing something together cooperatively just for the hell of it -- which is actually a bit rare for the GB team, these days especially.

#27 Edited by EXTomar (4500 posts) -

The thing I think many misunderstand about The Daily Dota is that what makes it fun isn't the play. I can go to a dozen other channels and get watch better executed matches. What is fun and funny about The Daily Dota is the guests and banter. Having Pascual And Cyborgmatt complain about how there isn't enough British on the team or fighting for who should take mid depends on who is wearing a hat is much more fun than seeing them win games.

What would be nice is they could figure out to rig it so they can capture the team chatter while the stream is captured with the Dota TV broadcaster tools but that might be more production and not feasible to sync.

#28 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (406 posts) -

People aren't playing the games I like, instead they are playing the games they like. Stop playing those games. Play more games that I enjoy.

As long as Brad is content to stream Dota, I am content to watch.

#29 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -
#30 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Daily whata?

Sorry, I don't pay any attention to things I don't care about. Therefore I don't need to demand their demise, because I have other interests with which to fill my time.

#31 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (459 posts) -

It think it's an alright feature. I do wish Brad would play other games on the stream, but content is content.

#32 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

How about just not watching it? You could try that.

Now, that's just silly person talk. How can you not be personally offended when Giant Bomb does something you don't enjoy?

#33 Posted by csl316 (8124 posts) -

I don't watch it, but other people seem to enjoy it. So I choose to let it be.

When it was daily I was bummed out because it took so much time out of the week, but now that it's more reasonable just let Brad have his happy hour.

#34 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

All you have to do is like not watch like I do. Some people like it. Let them enjoy it.

#35 Posted by PandaBear (1303 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@toowalrus said:

He'd probably get stuck in the Lost Woods in the first Legend of Zelda forever. :P

In all seriousness, if Brad wants to keep doing DOTA streams, I'm not going to complain. I don't watch them, but it does have its fans.

Exactly. It's not for me ... but if they did this with say Battlefield 4 I'd watch ... horses for courses.

#36 Edited by joshwent (2119 posts) -

I don't like Dota 2. So I don't watch Brad play it... and get on with my life.

I'm a goddamn genius.

#37 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

I enjoy Dota 2. I enjoy daily dota. If you aren't premium, daily dota is one of the only streams we get. Don't take it away.

#38 Posted by Nodima (1105 posts) -

You know, Vinny SHOULD stream his family playing Battlefield 4 But that would never happen.

#39 Posted by talibanchic (95 posts) -

I know the solution.

DOTA 2 ENDURANCE RUN.

Then at least the game will be finished.

#40 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

I feel bad for the staff. There's always some criticism of the content they're producing, usually concerning the amount of content released or the actual content itself.

I'd argue that for most users, all of the content they consume on this site is free. If it's not good enough... just go somewhere else or make your own stuff.

#41 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6090 posts) -

We've had plenty of these "I don't like feature X" threads in the past. We don't need another. Locking this down.