The ethics of female soldiers in games hurts my head.

• 57 results
NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NinjaBerd

Women already exist in some shooters. Just look at Unreal Tournament 99.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

EA should put female soldiers in BF4. I'm not keen on sexism in games debates, but that is a domain in which I see very little downside to reflecting changes in the world we live in.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ducksworth

Women being added as ammo fodder wouldn't change anything. You can make the claim that it's possible that some sick person out there would get kicks out of killing women specifically but that person falls into a group of mentally unstable people that don't and shouldn't represent male gamers. The only issue I have with including females in game is when do we go from including women for equality to including women to not be sexist? Lets take Mario for example, although Mario himself has an almost generic personality and the character itself has nothing to do with the enjoyment of the platforming I don't know how I would feel if Nintendo got rid of our fat male mustachioed plumber for a fat female mustachioed plumber.

@jams said:

@video_game_king said:

@jams:

What?

What?

In the butt.

Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_women_in_World_War_II

The Russians figured it out. Women can be used as vehicle operators or in support roles. Since they can't keep up physically with the men in the dirt.

As long as Battlefield tries to be somewhat realistic i don't think there is a reason to see women brushing shoulders with men in the front line.

manicraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By manicraider

Has no one here played Gears of War 3?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Milkman

BioShock Infinite has women enemies and it wasn't an issue at all. Pretty stupid that BF 4 doesn't want to include women soldiers for whatever reason.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By EnduranceFun

I want females to kill in my games to further the patriarchal agenda. No need to thank me, it is my privilege.