The final boss in Persona 3 Journey is awful, right?

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Blubba

So, I'm fighting the final form of the Nyx Avatar and towards the end it has a move called Night Queen that does some damage and can inflict status ailment stuff. Well, on top of the fact that the final boss has 13 forms and the last one has 6000 (!!!) health. It is a really long fight. In addition to that, the last form also has a move that lets it not take any damage for 2 turns.

I don't have any problem with a challenge. It's long, but hey, it's the final boss of an awesome RPG. My problem is that Night Queen seems horribly unfair. I died and had to repeat everything because the MC got charmed (and of course the shitty AI didn't bother curing him). He slowly started killing his teammates.

Oh, but it got worse the second time around. Akihiko got charmed- and fucking used diarahan on Nyx. You would think there would be a cap for how much health an enemy can get back considering I had burnt 45 minutes at this point. Nope. Nyx got 6000 fucking health back.

I just want to see if I'm crazy or if I'm missing something that makes the fight easier. After Akihiko's dumbass moment, I have it back down to about 25% health I really like this game and I was actually kinda enjoying the Nyx battle, but this shit is really starting to make me sour on the experience. Hopefully I make it through this time. Considering that FES is a remake, they must have known about the issue of teammates healing Nyx and decided not to do anything about it. I really have no idea how that decision got made.

/end rant

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I never had any problems with the fight but than again I tend to grind a lot and if you playing P3 FES you don't have control of your party. P3P is much easier as you control everyone on the battlefield.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I don't remember having any problems with the fight, I think I remember doing some grinding though.

Also, don't play "The Answer."

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Wraith1

I didn't have any real problems with this fight, just do some grinding and bring along a persona that can resist charm

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yep, welcome to most people's first encounter with Nyx! I grinded (ground?) super hard, then got the item that nulls ailments (Book something) I think from a Persona as a gift. It made sure that at least the MC was always clean and could immediately cure the healers/team with an item. That item and a few extra levels make the end boss easy, but still time consuming.

The challenge of that boss is to be prepared for it. It's super easy, just requires some planning.

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I did it! As long as your teammates don't heal Nyx, it's fine. I was level 78.

@willthemagicasian: What's wrong with the Answer?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@blubba: Nothing at all if you dont go in expecting it to be Persona 3 part 2. Its just a dungeon crawler with no social linking and a light story sprinkled on top. For what its worth, I find it fun and think its great for a "free" extra mode although I will admit I haven't beat it yet.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By unequivocable

I had almost the exact same problem you had--died on the first attempt because the AI wouldn't help me--and then the second time through with only a small amount of health left, one of my teammates was charmed and healed the boss for the full amount! Thankfully I was still able to beat it down again and I won that time. I think that boss fight would have been incredibly fun if I had control of all of my teammates like in P4, because there would have been some good strategies to use to win, but having to rely on the randomness of my AI partners it was really just frustrating.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I had just done that fight a few nights ago. Everything was going well then on the final form I got a bit of a scare when right towards the tail end (I'm talking about 1-2 attacks away from winning) Nyx did the Night Queen attack and dropped MC down to 2 hp.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I unlocked that special dungeon which after defeating reaper. Easily grinded to lvl 90

ionagenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ionagenda

@atramentous: I think that I would have loved that part a lot more if it was less drawn out. It was much less content over what seemed like an eternity compared to the Journey. But I still really appreciate it.

As for the actual fight, I just over-leveled the fight and Messiah was pretty useful.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Ummm it's a boss battle, they can do things that the player can't, of course it is unfair, I actually really enjoyed the fight, fucking hard as hell

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I played on normal, but I wrecked Nyx pretty hard. I wrecked most of the late game in general with a ridicu-stat-boosted Melchizedek. Not that I didn't have more or less of a problem with certain forms, but I don't really remember it being particularly difficult. Long. Definitely long.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't die on that boss, you're probably underleveled.

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#15  Edited By Buttenator

One trip through the Monad Depths and you'll be a high enough level to summon Helel and Satan. Then you can just armageddon your way to victory.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Had it worse with SMT:Nocturne's Lucifer.

At least with Nyx its one out of 13 bars restored, with Lucifer, it never ends.

It is much longer than Nyx and feels like the fight goes on forever, he starts out easy and stays that way for like an entire hour till he gets serious and rips you apart, the charms,stuns your team like mad and does attack which randomly kills or injure team mates.

Just gave up on the guy.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jebara: nocturne had some fucked up bosses. i remember daisoujou being pretty hard too.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

the first time I faced Nyx was kind of frustrating.

Then I went back and leveled up a bit. Beat her on my second try.

It's one of my favorite boss fights ever, so I will have to disagree friend.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That is why I never beat Persona 3. I never felt more discouraged by a game than when after an hours long intense battle yukari was charmed and because the other characters can't use items she went before the MC and healed Nyx full when I was a few turns away from winning. I turned it off then and the few times I have tried since I did awful. Nyx broke my spirit.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pyrodactyl

I had nothing to do in the evening for a month leading to the battle since I got rank 10 with the tower guy and the devil guy. Let me tell you, there is no need to grind once you spent nights at the arcade and the stat on your fused surt (best magician persona) and tanathos with good abilities are almost all at 99. I made nyx my bitch. Just equip good accesories on your MC (status ailment blocks or one use raise for exemple), anti charme on yukari or your party healer and hit him until he(she?) dies.

Don't give up, the end is worth it and will probably be important in persona 5