The fun in destruction..

Marcopolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Marcopolo

I have never had this much fun destroying things in any video game.  If you don't know what game I'm talking about I suggest you read this thoroughly because Red Faction: Guerilla has got to be one of the most innovative games this year. 

Red faction came out last Tuesday in Canada and I ran and got it a couple days later (Thursday) for $78.  Yes I do think that was a little too much money for a video game but fortunatley the game is really good and will help me get through the Summer when playing on my 360.  Red faction can easily become addicting when smashing literally anything you want comes to mind.  Knock a building over and watch it collide into another one or stand on the 5th floor of a building while it slowly starts to collapse.  Oh the possibilities!

Not only can you use a sledgehammer to knock down the support of a variety of different structures but you can use variety...yes VARIETY, hehe. If I was asked to choose one method of destroying stuff I would ponder that question forever.  Upgrade your rocket launcher to shoot multi-missiles and blow up (or down) the buildings.  Go full speed in a gigantic truck and smash through (literally!) the building.  Set charges on the support of bridges or a wide variety of other buildings and watch it collapse.  I can go on for ever but I will stop here, hehe.

In Red Faction there are a variety of different "modes" of gameplay you can choose to destroy things.  For example, there is a mode called Wrecking Crew that was created for the sole purpose of destroying things.  Of course Wrecking Crew has it's own game types that you must follow but aim for each game type is literally cause as much damage as you can.  Wrecking Crew can also be recognized as a local multiplayer game mode but the same controller needs to be used.

If Wrecking Crew doesn't float your boat then take the fight online and fight through dozens of different maps with the same destruction and more.  In multiplayer your given a variety of backpacks to choose from to smash buildings or your opponent....how fun!  There is actually a game mode designed for destroying the opposing team's structures called Siege which is my favourite game type right now, hehe.

Well this is starting to sound more like a review so I'm going to end this hear and tell you all  that Red Faction is definatley a game worth getting.  For those of you who have the game what do you think about it so far?  Have you beat it?  Whats your favourite thing other than destroying everything, hehe.  What about those who don't have it.  Do you have any second thoughts or are still not sure wether you should get the game.  Speak your mind, hehe.

Marcopolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Marcopolo

I have never had this much fun destroying things in any video game.  If you don't know what game I'm talking about I suggest you read this thoroughly because Red Faction: Guerilla has got to be one of the most innovative games this year. 

Red faction came out last Tuesday in Canada and I ran and got it a couple days later (Thursday) for $78.  Yes I do think that was a little too much money for a video game but fortunatley the game is really good and will help me get through the Summer when playing on my 360.  Red faction can easily become addicting when smashing literally anything you want comes to mind.  Knock a building over and watch it collide into another one or stand on the 5th floor of a building while it slowly starts to collapse.  Oh the possibilities!

Not only can you use a sledgehammer to knock down the support of a variety of different structures but you can use variety...yes VARIETY, hehe. If I was asked to choose one method of destroying stuff I would ponder that question forever.  Upgrade your rocket launcher to shoot multi-missiles and blow up (or down) the buildings.  Go full speed in a gigantic truck and smash through (literally!) the building.  Set charges on the support of bridges or a wide variety of other buildings and watch it collapse.  I can go on for ever but I will stop here, hehe.

In Red Faction there are a variety of different "modes" of gameplay you can choose to destroy things.  For example, there is a mode called Wrecking Crew that was created for the sole purpose of destroying things.  Of course Wrecking Crew has it's own game types that you must follow but aim for each game type is literally cause as much damage as you can.  Wrecking Crew can also be recognized as a local multiplayer game mode but the same controller needs to be used.

If Wrecking Crew doesn't float your boat then take the fight online and fight through dozens of different maps with the same destruction and more.  In multiplayer your given a variety of backpacks to choose from to smash buildings or your opponent....how fun!  There is actually a game mode designed for destroying the opposing team's structures called Siege which is my favourite game type right now, hehe.

Well this is starting to sound more like a review so I'm going to end this hear and tell you all  that Red Faction is definatley a game worth getting.  For those of you who have the game what do you think about it so far?  Have you beat it?  Whats your favourite thing other than destroying everything, hehe.  What about those who don't have it.  Do you have any second thoughts or are still not sure wether you should get the game.  Speak your mind, hehe.