MacEG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MacEG
http://bit.ly/arP873

I hope this isn't where board games are going. I mean I feel like it's a cool concept and all but.... it makes rage quitting a game of Risk a lot less dramatic. Possible hybrid of tangible objects and digital boards?
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Meh... 
I don't see what's so wrong about it

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ryanwho

I think it would be kind of ridiculous but imagine 4 to 6 dudes sitting their laptops around a game board and plugging the board into a usb and now you have all the insane info on your shit on your screen for your eyes only. But honestly, the logistics of arranging a board game and/or LAN party are hard enough, imagine combining the two.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This is pretty cool stuff but the way I see it a large part of what boards games are about is having tangible objects in front of you. It's like you can play a card game on a touch screen but it's never the same without a deck of cards in front of you.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JokerSmilez

I'm sure there will eventually be games that use this technology but it's not like it's going to replace the traditional board and pieces and dice. People are still play DnD with a pencil and paper. Still play with playing cards. People still play old-fashioned Risk. 

The board game as we know it isn't going anywhere for a long time.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

I have had a chance to mess around with SurfaceScapes at the CMU campus, it has the potential to be huge, but it will be many years away until you get something that is affordable enough. 

Traditional board games still sell well, they are not going anywhere, but there classics are still the popular ones.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vade

I play board games because I want to mess around with cards, figures, dice and so on. 

I don't get it.