The future of rhythym games?

TheGamerFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheGamerFix

I was just listening to last weeks bombcast and I had an idea when they were talking about Guitar Hero 5 and The Beatles; Rock Band and how that people who buy a game in either franchise won't necessarily like every song on the disc. So I was thinking a good alternative would be a bundle where you could get all the instruments as well as a code instead of all the songs on the disc allowing you to download 60-70 songs, or however many would be in the game, from their online store. This way people would be able to get all the instruments and then be able to fully customise their track lists to their liking. Or they could just buy the downlaod code if they already have the instruments. Obviously only people with internet connection would be able to use this so it isn't a perfect alternative.    

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

It seems like Rock Band is already set up with all their DLC in a way that this could be possible but I'm not sure GH is. I like the idea though.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By damnboyadvance

Pretty good idea, but the only drawback is it'd take forever to download. Also, Guitar Hero isn't really set up for this.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

I dunno, the songs never take too long to download, it's a pretty good idea actually, you could download a free trackless front end for the game, then just buy tracks from the store.