#1 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Lets look into the future gents, and predict what your 2013's 2012 GOTY will be, based on everything you know about the games that are out, how you feel about those genres, what you think you will get our of those games etc. Sure, surprises can happen, but from what you have and have not played this year, what do you think will be at the top next year (from this year).

Mine is a easy anwser, Far Cry 3. Im sure I will love this game, I just didnt get around to buying it, and even if I did now, I probably wouldnt have time to play it before 2013. It helps that its 1 of 3 major releases I didnt play this year (well, that are out on PC at least), the other 2 being Assassins Creed 3, which will never win since Im still way behind on that series (only played 1 and 2), and Mass Effect 3, which I probably wont even play until there is some sort of GOTY edition with all the DLC.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14721 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet and waiting seems to have paid off if Brads experience of it is to be believed. Thinking of picking up the Trilogy Pack on PS3

#3 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2343 posts) -

Either Black Ops 2 or AC 3. Unfortunately wasn't able to pick up either of those this year.

#4 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

Maybe X-Com.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Fire Emblem: Awakening. Because duh.

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Might be ACIII. The Tyranny of King Washington sounds awesome.

#7 Posted by JacDG (2117 posts) -

I honestly don't know, probably Fifa or COD, even though those games aren't amazing this year, those are probably the only ones from 2012 I will play a lot of in 2013.

#8 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

From what I've seen and heard, probably going to be Farcry 3.

#9 Posted by CooVee (144 posts) -

I got X-Com and Far Cry 3 on the way in the mail so it could easily be one of those two.

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

Haven't played X-Com but everyone else seems to love it, so I'm guessing that will be my 2013's 2012 game of the year.

#11 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

Hitman Absolution or ZombiU maybe?

#12 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Early contenders that I suspect I will not get around to playing until next week, and therefore 2013, are Dustforce and Forza Horizon.

EDIT----- just downloaded Dustforce. Having only played the tutorial I already say it's on my top 5 this year, maybe even top 3. Love the controls. Love the art style. Love the music. ♥

#13 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

Seems like it'll probably be Far Cry 3, or Journey, if I had to guess. If they get PC/PS3 ports so I can actually play them, maybe Dust or Fez.

#14 Posted by csl316 (8345 posts) -

Guessing Dishonored, if I get around to it. Looks potentially great.

#15 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

I ended up getting a Wii U for Christmas which I wasn't expecting. I haven't bought it yet, but if ZombiU is as good as everyone says it is maybe that will be mine. I have some doubts about that though.

#16 Posted by BaneFireLord (2918 posts) -

Dishonored or ACIII. I got them for Christmas, but I don't have access to my Xbox until after New Years.

#17 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Not playing your twisted game.

#18 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

For me AC 3, Forza and Farcry 3 are going to get a lot of play from me next year.

#19 Posted by DefaultProphet (396 posts) -

Forza Horizon maybe. Haven't gotten a Forza game since 3 and kinda missing it. Might pick it up when it's a bit cheaper/on sale

#20 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
#21 Posted by triviaman09 (797 posts) -

Since I haven't played them yet, probably XCOM or Forza Horizon.

#22 Posted by Zeik (2334 posts) -

XCOM maybe? It looks like something I might like, but I haven't wanted to buy it at full price.

That or possibly ME3. I've already played it and enjoyed it, but I've been meaning to go back through and play the DLC too. I'm hoping for a sale first though...

#23 Posted by mak_wikus (511 posts) -

XCOM and Mark of the Ninja.

#24 Posted by DonChipotle (2714 posts) -

Persona 4 Golden.