#1 Edited by ch3burashka (4900 posts) -

We have until 8AM 1/25 to crack this nut! So, what's the game? I'm guessing it's something recent, maybe related to the THQ thing going on now, though I don't know what was so surprising to come out of THQ recently.

Maybe Dead Island...? Doesn't seem important or interesting enough to warrant an entire article.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by GreggD (4439 posts) -

Ni No Kuni or DmC? I dunno. What games have come out recently that were doomed from the start, but turned out well?

#3 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

DMC

#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

well has to be DmC from the latest talks, but could be Sleeping Dogs I guess

#5 Edited by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

I don't remember any of the crew speculating that the new DmC would be terrible.

#6 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1210 posts) -

Dead Island is terrible so it can't be that. And I don't think DMC was ever considered "terrible" just hated by some since it is new. Hard to say thinking of the biggest surprises from last year, Asura's Wrath, Sleeping Dogs, I am eager to see.

#7 Edited by YI_Orange (1070 posts) -

Pretty sure it's ZombiU based on a comment he made in another thread. I'll find it.

Edit - "Then you'll be happy to see my ZombiU feature that's going up either later tomorrow or Friday morning. I'm not ignoring that stuff at the behest of this, only in addition."

#8 Posted by JaredA (806 posts) -

I dunno... Maybe DmC? I heard that they thought Sleeping Dogs was going to be garbage, but that seems like it turned out pretty rad.

#9 Edited by ch3burashka (4900 posts) -

DmC makes a lot of sense. That seems to be the common thought here.

@GreggD said:

Ni No Kuni or DmC? I dunno. What games have come out recently that were doomed from the start, but turned out well?

Come on, Ni No Kuni? If that's a shot in the dark I'll let it pass, but did you honestly think it'd be bad? Maybe overpromised a little, but I never imagined it being anything less than good.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs.

#11 Posted by GreggD (4439 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: Yeah, it was purely a shot in the dark. Maybe I was even subliminally thinking of all those "GB hates Japan" sentiments...

#12 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

Sleeping Dogs.

#13 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

i bet it's haunted mansion for the gamecube

#14 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9718 posts) -

Schleepy Dawgs.

#15 Posted by ShaggE (5972 posts) -

Doom 64, obvs.

#16 Posted by Somnus (81 posts) -

Zombi U? A launch game with a bad name, that a lot of people think was actually pretty good.

#17 Posted by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

Binary Domain or Sleeping Dogs.

#18 Posted by GalacticGravy (523 posts) -

DMC

#19 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

ZombiU or Sleepy Dawgs.

#20 Posted by kalibr (120 posts) -

Its ZombiU. No one had great expectations and Jeff and Patrick were both surprised by how much they enjoyed it.

#21 Posted by Turambar (6481 posts) -

It's ZombiU. Patrick has already said he has an article going up in a day or so on that.

#22 Posted by Dauthi693 (129 posts) -

The walking dead and asura's wrath deserve mentions but i feel zombiu or sleepy dogs should take it

#23 Posted by McLargepants (332 posts) -

It's ZombiU, nothing to debate or guess about. Patrick mentioned on Twitter today that he has a piece going up in a day or two about ZombiU, there's no way that's not it.