• 0 results
#1 Posted by FinalDasa (1606 posts) -

We all play games of course, and each one of us is interested new games coming out in the future.  
As games come out, we play them, and move on. 

But there are those games you never move on from, you always run back to. 

For me it's Halo 3. Though I'll go months without touching that disc, somehow I come crawling back.

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by rohanspear345 (341 posts) -

halo sucks! high five anyone?

#3 Posted by Dom (436 posts) -

I couldn't stop playin Valkyria Chronicles, i finished it three times straight, but it kinda died after I got 100%. I might get those DLC packs to rekindle the spark in that game

#4 Edited by Donkeysraliens (146 posts) -

there was a time, some could call it a dark time, when i played an unhealthy amount of vice city... i still think its the best in the series, if only for the great radio stations and the unabashed ripping off of scarface, heat and many other gangster films (so much so that i actually gave it a mention in my university film dissertation about gangster films, this lead to a long discussion with my lecturer about the gta series, turns out he prefers san andreas, go figure)

#5 Posted by FinalDasa (1606 posts) -
@Donkeysraliens: nice lol 

i used to take a car in vice city, turn on my favorite radio station, park somewhere so nothing would bother me, and just have it play in the background
Moderator Online
#6 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Front cover of Final Fantasy VII (EU) for PlayStation

#7 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

Resident Evil 4 when I had a Wii

#8 Posted by Dom (436 posts) -

come to think about it, after digging into my darkest, most repressed memories, I used to play tens of hours of Runescape per day, so bad that I was playing during class and almost got an F. Thank goodness I was able to stop cold turkey or I'd be still playing today.

#9 Posted by Ashen (125 posts) -

Madden 10. I stopped playing it regularly around the time I started playing ME to get ready for ME2. At its peak I would play atleast 2 full (7 min quarter) games a day. I had like 4 franchises, mulitple years in and I spent hours looking at draft guides and figuring out which players would be the best considering free agents and contracts. After the draft last weekend I was aching to start playing again. I got one game in and said, "what I'm I doing". I'm gald my Madden addiction is over. Right now I'm addicted to netflix instant play movies.

#10 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

COD4, Mortal Kombat 2,shenmue

#11 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

WoW, and TF2 since I started playing last week.

#12 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@rohanspear345 said:
" halo sucks! high five anyone? "
High Five.
#13 Posted by DickDanger (105 posts) -

Probably the Quake Series. I played the crap out of Quake 1-3 and recently got a copy of Quake 4 for the 360 which came with another disc with Quake 2 on it. I started playing it, saying I would only play the first level for old times sake, and found myself playing 3 or 4 levels and having to stop myself to get back to whatever game I had planned on playing. I also read that Quake 3 is still planned for release on Xbox Live and I'm psyched even though i played a ton of it in the past! 

I guess a more recent game would be Team Fortress 2. As you mentioned, it may be a few months between sessions but I always end up going back and playing more.
#14 Edited by Mo0 (64 posts) -

There's something about the old school Final Fantasy games that, no matter how many remakes or emulators or what have you they're on, I'll still play them.  Not *beat* them, but play them.

It's odd, because if a new RPG were to come out and imitate them, I'd probably not like it so much.  My taste in NEW RPGs has moved on, but not my taste in old ones.

#15 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

Right now, Persona 3. I just can't stop playing that game. I love the characters and all the crazy story stuff.

#16 Posted by DaSoul (228 posts) -
@rohanspear345 said:

#17 Posted by Mo0 (64 posts) -

Most people high five with their right hands, though!

#18 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

CoD4 had me on a full-on legitimate addiction for months. Now I'd have to say Skate2 or Crackdown are the titles I keep returning to.

#19 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@rohanspear345 said:

#20 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
" @rohanspear345 said:

"
Says the people with blue and white alignments...
#21 Posted by Taborlin (177 posts) -

I've been addicted to COD4 and the wind waker. I used to run home from school (Across the road basically ¬¬) to play wind waker when I was young)

#22 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

I'm currently on my longest Team Fortress 2 break, been out since mid november. Got 600 hours in that game, and I must admit I kind of want to go back soon, I just fear the unbalance. And losing more of my love for single player games. 

#23 Posted by Atlas (2435 posts) -

Not too long ago it was Oblivion, but more recently Dragon Age has taken over. Nothing like investing yourself in a lengthy high quality RPG.

#24 Edited by Andheez (580 posts) -

Starcraft - Played this game for YEARS, havent played in a few, but seeing all of this SC2 stuff......
Cod4
Team Fortress
Gears of War

#25 Posted by Pantalooney (317 posts) -

COD4, CSS, and Skate 

#26 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

All Star Baseball 2000 always for some reasons keeps me coming back, no matter how bad the announcing or graphics are; every year I find myself playing that game.

#27 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

hrrm, none. When I'm done with a game, I'm done. There are some games where I could pick up and I could then start playing for hours again, like Bayonetta and Uncharted 2, but when I'm not playing them, I don't have the urge to go back to them. 

#28 Posted by Bhouse563 (158 posts) -

Dragon Age, on my 6th playthrough.... I WILL S RANK IT!!

#29 Posted by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -

Pokemon.  Pokemon.  Oh did I mention Pokemon?

#30 Posted by FinalDasa (1606 posts) -
@ElegantRuby: which version? i found myself back in leafgreen for no particular reason
Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

#32 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Borderlands.

#33 Posted by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -
@FinalDasa: All of them.  But as of late, its SoulSilver/HeartGold (yes both of them), and Platinum.
#34 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Age of Empires 2 (with the Conquerors Expansion)

#35 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Oblivion, and X-Men vs Street Fighter 

Always end up playin those again and again.

#36 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

I play PES 2010 every single day. I can't put that game down, not even once.

#37 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

PSO, D2, WoW, SC1/and now 2/, TF2, FFVII, FFIX, FFX, Dragon Age, Counter Strike Source, Super Mario 3/World. Mario Kart, Super Punch Out, MGS, list goes on of games that i love. There are sooooo many great games out there.

#38 Posted by FinalDasa (1606 posts) -
@ElegantRuby: nice! lol 

friend of mine cant stop playing soulsilver, i may have to invest in a DS just to play it, that and the inevitable Black/White
Moderator Online
#39 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -

Lumines, Half Life 2: Death Match, the Soul Calibur series (specifically Broken Destiny and the original Soul Calibur, though I do like Soul Calibur II).

#40 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Recently, nothing. Maybe Bad Company 2 but I get bored of it after an hour or so now.

Prior games; Quake 3, Counter-Strike, Diablo 2, WoW, TF2 and TFC.

#41 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Borderlands. I've beaten this game including the DLC, but always come back for more.

#42 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

borderlands and tropico 3

#43 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

Street Fighter IV at the moment is the game I go back to after finishing the new blockbusters. That game is SO addicting and awesome and stuff. 

This is gonna change on Friday (god damn European releases) though: SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV, WHOO!

#44 Posted by TheHT (11130 posts) -

Left 4 Dead 2
TF2

#45 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

Right now, Digital Devil Saga.  I always play a little of it everyday. Been tempted to play a little P4 recently too. 
The only reason I'm not playing Blazblue right now is cause I have a crappy TV for my Xbox.
I always seem to go back to replay the Skies of Arcadia and the Ace attorney games, not sure why.

#46 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Most Bioware games. I finish most of them several times every 2-3 years.

BF2142

Guild Wars used to be one of those, but not anymore.

#47 Posted by Zachariahus (130 posts) -

Yeah, I also just got back into Halo 3 with a buddy after a few month hiatus. Forge is my new friend, never messed with it before, but now I can't stop making maps... That game just has too many options. Customs with a good group is great as well. Try messing with forge and the editing tools sometime, you can end up with some fun made-up game-types if you use your imagination. haha. 

P.S. 
Personal fav= Mongoose Jousting. 4 people. 2 drive, 2 sit on the back with swords. 
Start at the opposite end of the map (preferably a blank slate Foundry) and have the gooses get as close as they can without hitting.
Let the fun commence. Be sure to have proper etiquette, and let your opponent reset before you make a second pass. Or go nuts and do what you will.

Tangent end.

#48 Posted by heatDrive88 (2308 posts) -

Rock Band 2. I'm definetely not buying brand new DLC every week or anything like that (although I did buy that Hendrix's Axis: Bold As Love album), but every once in awhile when I get the chance, I need to pop the disc in to get some drums expert action going.
#49 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

Gears of War 1 and 2
Bad Company 1 and 2
Modern Warfare2, COD4
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2

and above all and else the latest Pro Evolution Soccer game...I play it almost at least once everyday!

#50 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

all of them