The Games Begin.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ninnanuam

So this week the floodgates are opening. After what seems like a severe drought of ambitious AAA titles this gen the next four months are looking insane. I've preordered more than $600 AUS worth of new games, and that doesn't include games I'm likely to pick up but aren't day one for me like MGS, Persona and Halo. Let alone the usual suspects like COD and NFS.

So what's everyone picking up?

My pre order list:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just wondering what made you decide xbone for two and ps4 for the other two.

I've sworn to not buy anymore and finish what ive got but im almost tempted to get MGSV despite almost no familiarity with the series. Gotta catch that zeitgeist!

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn ive been editing to get the pics to line up...no luck.

I went Xbone for Fallout because I like the xbone controller a bit more, the rockband was simple I had rockband for PS3 and the songs will be compatible, Mad Max was a spur of the moment digital purchase on LIVE and I usually play action games on PS4 so I bought Just Cause on that....but really I just like I should get something for PS4, damn thing has mostly been used for gathering dust.

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Syce300

My gaming budget for the rest of the year only has MGSV and Persona 4 Dancing All Night in it though I will make an exception should Persona 5 come out. As for the rest I was hoping on maybe picking up XCOM for the holidays but since that's no longer in the cards I may look at a possible Steam sale for Fallout or Just Cause though neither has really grabbed me all that much. Halo and Rock Band 4 would have been purchases if I had an xbone as my Rock Band collection was on 360 but I went PS4 this year instead. Nothing else really interests me for the rest of the year but seeing as we had Witcher and Bloodborne earlier I feel confident in saying this year has been/will be one of the best years for games ever.

Edit: And like most people I forgot about Nintendo! Mario Maker looks neat and will probably find its way onto a holiday wish list and I'd be interested in at least trying Star Fox though I have no intention of buying it. 3DS looks kinda sparse this year though.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I tend not to pre order but I will most definitely be getting mgs and fallout. This year is turning out better than i thought it would. Fingers crossed on persona comin this year

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGS5, Soma, Fallout 4, and Persona 5 (?). Getting excited.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

The games don't begin for me, not since XCOM 2 moved to next year :(

That was the one AAA game I was looking forward to this year. I'll definitely pick up Fallout 4 sometime - in a year or two, maybe.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you order two different editions of Fallout 4? Because that is madness.

MGS V is the first pre-order I've placed in a long time but owning every console and a PC means my backlog never leaves me short of options.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P4 DAN, Fallout 4, the Uncharted Collection (skipped the PS3) and Persona 5 (if it truly comes out this year) for sure. Maybe Star Wars Battlefront. Plus I'm sure there will be a handful of smaller games that I'll impulse buy because they're discounted for PS Plus members.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'll definitely be getting

• MGSV
  • Cities Skylines: After Dark
  • Persona 4 DAN
  • RB4
  • AC: Syndicate
  • Fallout 4

If they end up coming out this year, I'll also be getting

• Firewatch
  • Persona 5
  • The Witness

I'm on the fence about Xenoblade Chronicles X

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dgtlty:

Yea I got Pip boy for PC and lunch box for Xbone. I couldn't get the Pip Boy on Xbone at my usual retailer and I knew i'd probably pick up the PC version at some point down the line anyway go i grabbed it now.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Madden 16 so far. Finally decided to try Guild Wars 2 a try. Will wait to pick up Just Cause 3 when it's on some kind of sale.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Disgaea 5
  • Persona 5
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Halo 5 Guardians
  • Nobunaga's Ambition
  • Project X Zone 2
  • Transformers Devastation
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (is this even still coming this year?)
  • Zero Suit Samus Amiibo because I'm a terrible person

There are a few other games that I'm still debating whether or not I should get, but for the most part, this list is pretty final. I was pretty big on Rise of the Tomb Raider for a while, but the more I see of that, the less interested I become. It'll more than likely be a good game just like it's predecessor, but it's just not what I want out of Tomb Raider.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Fallout 4 and Mario Maker are the only games I care about for the rest of this year.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Of the footage I've seen, Mad Max looks like a £7.50 Steam sale purchase. I'd like to buy MGS5 and I still might but they want £46 pounds for it on PC and that can go eff itself. Just Cause 3 will probably be rad but I didn't even know that was a real thing until recently, and I'm fairly sure it's not coming out this year. And Fallout I'll probably buy on sale or at christmas or something.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Bollard

Put money down for MGSV, Fallout 4 and Star Wars: Battlefront so far. Only other game I will be picking up is Just Cause 3, but that's a way off yet.

Small chance I pick up Battlefront on PS4 too, if my friends bite on that one.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

The games don't begin for me, not since XCOM 2 moved to next year :(

it did?

That's best news I've heard in a while. I really really want to play it, but with this fall lineup there's no way I could play everything.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Fallout 4 is the new game for me this year, the one on top of the pile of things I'm looking forward to. That and Just Cause 3. I'll be getting both of those on PC.

I have an Xbox One now and I'll be purchasing Mad Max, Halo 5 Guardians, and Forza Motorsport 6 for it. I've been flip-flopping on getting Mad Max for PC or Xbox One - I'm picking Xbone because a) I just got the console and have almost nothing to play on it and b) it looks like that map is full of tiny little things to do, the kind of grindy open world game that you play when you get back home from a hard day's work, with a controller, on a couch, across the room. Still, I'll wait until after it's released and I hear some news about the framerate.

If I could be certain that Persona 5 is coming out this year, that would take priority over Fallout 4 by leaps and bounds. We still don't have a solid release date on that, however, so I guess we won't be playing it until next year. I should play the original X-Com at some point before X-Com 2 comes out, it's something that I should really like but have never gotten into.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

MGSV, Hitman, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, Persona 5 are the must buys for me.

Mad Max, Star Wars Battlefront are on the maybe list with some other games. Might wait for a sale because I'm going to have stuff to play.

And yes XCOM 2 got delayed until next year. February I believe.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already have MGSV and Mad Max, after that it's up in the air. Nba 2k16, fallout 4 will probably be added to the list, but times is hard on the boulevard they may have to wait. I've also recently realized i really like Battlefield and so battlefront may be added to the list. I'm still not sure if persona 5 is coming out any time soon, but that's another maybe.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

The amount of major releases coming out this holiday is insane....

• September
    • Mad Max
    • Mario Maker
    • MGS5
    • Disney Infinity 3.0
    • Forza 6
    • Destiny: Taken King
    • Lego Dimensions
  • October
    • Rock Band 4
    • Nathan Drake Collection
    • Yoshi's Woolly World
    • Guitar Hero Live
    • Assassins Creed Syndicate
    • Zelda: Triforce Heroes
    • Halo 5
  • November
    • Call of Duty Black Ops 3
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider
    • Fallout 4
    • Need for Speed
    • Star Wars Battlefront
    • Star Fox Zero
  • December
    • Hitman
    • Just Cause 3
    • Rainbow Six Siege
    • Xenoblade

That's not including any of the smaller titles. Hopefully at least half of them are good!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

The only games I have preordered - and the only ones I plan to - are Disgaea 5 and Fallout 4, both of which would have to shit the bed hard for me not to enjoy day one. As for the rest, I figure I'll wait for Black Friday or early next year to pick up.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GiantLizardKing

I'm in for Fallout 4 and Mario Maker. Maybe, MAYBE MGS V. I really don't like sitting through cut scenes at all any more but the game play looks really fun.

I could really use a good strategy game to sink my teeth into or a even good 3DS RPG.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Fallout 4

Star Wars Battlefront

That's it for me, although Just Cause 3 will be a definite pick up once I'm through with Fallout 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

game of the year deliberations is going to be crazy this year..

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Corvak

Skipping Rock Band, sadly. Got rid of my old instruments for a move and don't really want to buy more.

Fallout 4 is a must, though.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My current list of games I'm planning on picking up (My wallet hates me):

• September
    • Mad Max: ~1 hour of playtime so far
    • Super Mario Maker
  • October
    • Halo 5: This is what's pushing me over the edge to finally buy a Xbox (That console color scheme and controller are hella dope.)
  • November
    • Fallout 4: I'm wavering on whether I buy it then or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition + the mods/bug fixes.
  • December
    • Xenoblade Chronicles X
    • Just Cause 3

I'm also debating on:

• Yoshi's Woolly World: I've heard good things but I don't know if I want to buy it at full price.
  • Need for Speed: I need some more info still
  • Star Fox Zero: This one hurts to even think about not getting right away but everything I've seen hasn't sold me.
  • Star Wars Battlefront

Thankfully, everything that's scheduled to come out early next year are things that I have no qualms of waiting to buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to buy a PS4 within the next few weeks, the tipping point was definitely 'Until Dawn', which looks really damn fun. I also really look forward to Persona 5, and since I loved Amnesia so much, I'm going to buy Soma, despite the fact that the trailers don't look very appealing to me.

Other than that, there's not really a whole lot more I want, I'm not interested in MGS5, Fallout 4, or any of the other big releases coming out this year. The Witcher 3 honestly really burnt me out on open world games, so the idea of playing another one so soon just makes me feel sick.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been able to finish The Witcher 3 yet!!!

2015 can slow down a bit.