• 81 results
#1 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -

Basically, the game that everybody loves, but then you just cant seem to adore it. I dont want any arguments in this thread though, because there obviously will be some, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Anyway, mine were Uncharted: Drake Fortune and Assasins Creed. For me, Uncharted was far too repetitive, and Assasins Creed the same (except when it neared the end)

What about you dudes?

#2 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

I found both very dull, there was no sense of leveling, and Fallout just felt like Oblivion with guns.

#3 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy... blah.

#4 Posted by Kazu666 (146 posts) -

Definitely Fallout 3, i thought it just felt empty and...well....wasn't Oblivion...

Never got into Half-Life either really, or the Total War series.

#5 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Oblivion!!! Man, what a boring and buggy game.

#6 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

Could not get into Oblivion.

#7 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" Oblivion!!! Man, what a boring and buggy game. "
I didn't think that game was very good either. The game world was too big and repetitive.
#8 Posted by Brundage (376 posts) -

fallout 3
rock band
guitar hero
call of duty
final fantasy

I hate all of those games/franchises, they suck ass.

#9 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -
@Brundage: When you say Guitar Hero and Rock Band, does that imply for every guitar like game or not?
#10 Posted by Brundage (376 posts) -
@darkspirit138 said:
" @Brundage: When you say Guitar Hero and Rock Band, does that imply for every guitar like game or not? "
yes everyone, i don't get how playing a plastic guitar is fun.
#11 Posted by Arjuna (888 posts) -

Sports games.  BORING!!!  Plastic musical instruments.  BORING!!!

#12 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -

Killzone 2.  I have tried a few times now to figure out why everyone loves it so much. It looks great, don't get me wrong. I just can't seem to find enjoyment out of it.

#13 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Every single Final Fantasy game.

#14 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

COD4, I really don't see the big deal, I'd play Killzone 2 over that anyday.

#15 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

Fallout 3, felt no sense of leveling or progression and got bored really quickly

#16 Posted by Pazy (2581 posts) -

Bioshock, the story felt lifeless and boring to me, the world was uninteresting and the combat boring and predictable. Couldent get into it at all.

#17 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Fallout 3, Oblivion and GTA4 all sucked mah ballz.

#18 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

This has been asked a million times before.

#19 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -

The new prince of persia. I could not get into that game at all.

#20 Posted by LackLuster (721 posts) -

WoW

#21 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

Oblivion, worst fucking excuse for an RPG I ever played, fucking action/adventure with a stats page is what it is, and a shitty one at that. Also, Halo.

Odd really though that I hate Oblivion so much, I find it difficult to believe people can sit here and go "Ohhh Oblivion is so full of live and never gets boring" and then hate on Fallout 3 for being 'boring, dull and lifeless' and no sense of levelling? wtf is that all about? Next to a game that levels up with you and allows you to follow every skillset in the game and every factions quests on one fucking character, what a load of bollocks.

Anyway, yeah, those, I hate them passionately.

#22 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@Black_Rose said:
" This has been asked a million times before. "
this is the truth 
#23 Posted by 8bitgeorge (15 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid games.

#24 Posted by Log (186 posts) -

Gears of War and Gears of War 2...... My friends and I hate those fucking games but I know a ton of people who love it.

#25 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
  • Oblivion was mediocre.
  • Fallout was slightly better but ended up being Oblivion but moreso mediocre.
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 I didn't enjoy for whatever reason.
  • GTA4.
#26 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

halo series ugh...call of duty series....and resident evil series

#27 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

This generation, Halo 3. I gave it a chance, I even beat it on normal difficultly.....I just can't get into it.

#28 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Mass Effect, i fucking hate it

#29 Posted by X5Riley (10 posts) -

Fallout 3 wasn't good at all...

Neither is World of Warcraft.
#30 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2472 posts) -

Fallout 3 and GTA 4.

#31 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" COD4, I really don't see the big deal, I'd play Killzone 2 over that anyday. "

Woah, I thought I was the only one!  Yeah, I don't know how people like CoD4.  I would rather play Killzone 2 over that (multiplayer I mean, campaign sucks).
#32 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -

Mario
Zelda

*raises flame shield*

#33 Posted by N3onThr33 (380 posts) -

Halo. Generic FPS that got popular.

#34 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

Final Fantasy

#35 Posted by Bob_Toeback (308 posts) -

Zelda games. I liked Clock Town and such, and it was fun for awhile, but don't really like it too much any more... maybe if I tried it again, I dunno.

#36 Edited by PapaLazarou (711 posts) -

Killzone 2
COD4 multiplayer
Halo Series
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars
Battlefield Series
Left 4 Dead
Ico
Any Nintendo game
Grim Fandango (terrible controls)
Gran Turismo
Any fighting game
Final Fantasy Series

etc etc.

Though there are lots of games I do like, everyones has their own opinion and thats why you shouldn't go by reviews.

I thought Mirror's Edge was one of the best games I've played since HL2 and yet the reviews slammed that game.

#37 Posted by Revanjk (14 posts) -

Elder Scrolls game...espically Morrowind...

#38 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape - Can't get into 'em.
Mass Effect - It was fun when it had it's moments, but there were about three of them.
Metroid Prime Series - I should give them another try, but i couldn't get into them.
Assassin's Creed - I like it, it's a decent game, but i'm not one of those people who's especially pumped for a sequel.
Morrowind - Morrowind is definently the kind of game that would be great to get into, but it's not for me.

#39 Posted by Firaxa (18 posts) -

Oblivion
Bioshock

#40 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@PapaLazarou:

I'm not usually one to poopoo people irrational hate for a particular thing given how much I hate random things, but the minute you give a reason, I can't help myself. Honestly, you hated Grim Fandango because of it's controls. ?

Well whatever, your choice.
#41 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Well apparently i appreciate and understand how magical RPGs are but for some reason they wont grow on me.. just my nature i guess.. gave Fallout 3 another try today and i fucked up here and there and now dunno how to finish the quest im on so its pissing me off, but i wont say i hate it.

Ok. games i hate that everyone loves.. hmm.. HITMAN !!!! that fucking piece of shit is loved by everyone but NO MATTER HOW MANY CHANCES I GIVE IT ITS FUCKING UNPLAYABLE !! 
1)they recognize me even though i never got caught on camera.. 
2)the shooting is fucking dumb "pahh pahh ahh"
3)its just not executed carefully enough to match the concept they had in mind. i mean really a Hitman game is a brilliant idea but even Hitman: Blood Money didnt manage to be THEE hitman game. i fucking hated it every moment i spent playing it.

Hopefully Hitman 5 will be da bomb.

Oh and the sims. i find it boring to keep them sleeping eating shitting showering watching TV and talking gibberish to each other.. socializing can suck on my bawlz
#42 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Fallout 3. What a boring game.

#43 Posted by PapaLazarou (711 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
" @PapaLazarou:

I'm not usually one to poopoo people irrational hate for a particular thing given how much I hate random things, but the minute you give a reason, I can't help myself. Honestly, you hated Grim Fandango because of it's controls. ?Well whatever, your choice. "

Well trying to move that guy around was so frigging cumbersome.

#44 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
" @PapaLazarou:

I'm not usually one to poopoo people irrational hate for a particular thing given how much I hate random things, but the minute you give a reason, I can't help myself. Honestly, you hated Grim Fandango because of it's controls. ?Well whatever, your choice. "
The 'Well, whatever, your choice' at the end of that comment saved you from a 3 page lecture on what I had said at the beginning about no arguments. Well played!
#45 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

I think there are 2 other threads just like this one already.

#46 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -

Even if there are other threads like this one, I couldnt find them, and therefore I apologise for any inconvenience caused. However, the public must speak out.

#47 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@darkspirit138:

Like I said, I respect the guys right to have irrational hatred for things :) i'd be quite hypocritical if I didn't.
#48 Posted by LocoRocker (213 posts) -

World of Warcraft, everything Halo or Final Fantasy

#49 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -

all of them.

#50 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

I did like Infamous, but not as much as everyone else seems to.  Found it repetitive and was disappointed to see that underneath the superhero exterior it's kind of just a third person shooter with some platforming elements.