The GBCP needs your help to make a Ryan Davis Tribute

• 51 results
Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

If you haven't heard of the GBCP podcast then here's an episode to let you know what we're all about

I'm sure many of us are still dealing with the fact that Ryan Davis is gone. The pain of this has certainly been eased by the many blogs and posts on here which has shown just how many lives he's touched. The GBCP crew is also remembering Ryan Davis in the best way that we can. That's when we realized that the GIant Bomb community should do a big tribute to Ryan that would have as many community members as we can have. That's when a brilliant idea hit us all that was so obvious.

Instead of doing a regular episode of the GBCP podcast, why not do something more? So here's what we're going to do. The GBCP crew would like to hear your thoughts on Ryan's death. You can record your own thoughts about the big man himself and talk about whatever you want that. It can be an emotional discussion of how he's effected your life or it could be your favorite moment about Ryan. Anything goes but remember to keep it on topic. We'd also like for it to be short and sweet so keep it under 30 minutes at least. If you'd like to be a part of this please email the podcast at giantbombcommunitypodcast@gmail.com with your audio recording and your name on the site. I'll let you know if we'll use it on the podcast. Don't worry about being rejected. I won't be picky and may just use all of them. I want anyone from this lovely community to pitch in and make a Ryan Davis tribute to be proud of. This special tribute will work for any schedule as you can record it whenever you want to. It also doesn't have to be just one person talking about Ryan Davis. Try to be as creative as possible with this tribute. We'll let you know when this special episode of the GBCP podcast will go up.

Email giantbombcommunitypodcast@gmail.com your audio recording if you wish to be on the Ryan Davis Tribute episode. There is no set deadline but we'd like it to be next week's episode.

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Can't wait to hear the great stories from the GB community!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Get on this shit motherfuckers.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Fuck, I'll have to see if I still have Audiacity or some shit installed.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By reisz

I'm going to have to get in on this.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'll definitely try to set aside some time to say something into a microphone (even if it's just me making whimpering sounds and saying "fuck!" over and over).

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReddenBlack

@chaser324: I'm sure we can edit out the REALLY incoherent parts. We all know its an emotional situation, and we will be super respectful of everyone's thoughts and not cut out any parts of anyone's stories.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely try to set aside some time to say something into a microphone (even if it's just me making whimpering sounds and saying "fuck!" over and over).

I'll take you saying fuck over and over again. Sure most of us feel the same way. :(

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324 said:

Is there a chance for a sticky or something? Considering the amount of blogs and shit.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need some more contributions to the tribute so please don't be shy!

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I can't do anything until Friday evening at the earliest, but I'll see if I can put something together either then or Saturday.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'll record a little thingy when I have time tonight or tomorrow.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I will get on this tomorrow, thanks for this opportunity to show our appreciation and sadness. It truly means a lot to me...

tandooricactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im fairly un savvy at this recording business but would dearly love the opportunity to do something for this. Can one of you fine people recommend some decent software or is movie maker ok? This is a great idea by the way. I'm sure I am one among thousands who has found the community a great source of strength since monday.

allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By allgrinzz

Never done recording before for anything.. but for this, I'm going to make an effort. I have no idea what I'm doing but will try and get something together.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Okies.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phatmac

Im fairly un savvy at this recording business but would dearly love the opportunity to do something for this. Can one of you fine people recommend some decent software or is movie maker ok? This is a great idea by the way. I'm sure I am one among thousands who has found the community a great source of strength since monday.

Audacity should work fine. Thanks for your kind words. :)

jdeac51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jdeac51

I gotta jump on the GBCP

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry that I haven't listened to all the previous episodes duders but when I can find the time I'll contribute.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

This is a great idea, I'll see if I can contribute something today or tomorrow.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TruthTellah

Damn, this is a good idea. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to talk about it, but I would love to give it the ol college try.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this is a good idea. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to talk about it, but I would love to give it the ol college try.

You can always bring company to talk about it. I know it's difficult to talk about it by yourself.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phatmac said:

@truthtellah said:

You can always bring company to talk about it. I know it's difficult to talk about it by yourself.

Yeah, I suppose I could ask my friend who also likes Giant Bomb. hm. I'll see what I can do. Even listening to Michael Pachter discuss Ryan gets you a little choked up right now. Hopefully plenty of people here will muster up some coherent(or incoherent) thoughts for the cast.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phatmac said:

@truthtellah said:

Yeah, I suppose I could ask my friend who also likes Giant Bomb. hm. I'll see what I can do. Even listening to Michael Pachter discuss Ryan gets you a little choked up right now. Hopefully plenty of people here will muster up some coherent(or incoherent) thoughts for the cast.

I'm not really much of a talker, and I don't like the way I sound at all. The recording I sent is extremely short, and probably will be the shortest out of all the recordings. However, my thoughts were to the point and very simple. So don't feel bad if your recording is too short or simple if your friend doesn't agree to record with you, because I can tell you that mine will be guaranteed to be much shorter than yours and anyone else who does one.

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't feel embarrassed about how your stories sound! Everybody is different and has a different voice and personality. Everything we've gotten sounds great!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

@phatmac said:

@truthtellah said:

I'm not really much of a talker, and I don't like the way I sound at all. The recording I sent is extremely short, and probably will be the shortest out of all the recordings. However, my thoughts were to the point and very simple. So don't feel bad if your recording is too short or simple if your friend doesn't agree to record with you, because I can tell you that mine will be guaranteed to be much shorter than yours and anyone else who does one.

I accept your challenge, sir. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwrPC6irOjQpFDAwmlEFm4A0Q5FZFfC-ec0x5gOOdZarR3PR2a0A

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Thinking about contributing to this but I don't currently have a microphone or anything to make a digital recording. I honestly wouldn't know what to say as just another faceless user who never met him.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero said:

Thinking about contributing to this but I don't currently have a microphone or anything to make a digital recording. I honestly wouldn't know what to say as just another faceless user who never met him.

Do you have a laptop? Or a smartphone? You could probably take audio from either of those. Doesn't have to be anything special. Just as long as we can hear you. None of us are particularly special, but we all have something to offer.

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: you could probably pick up an old rock band mic super cheap at a GameStop and those work great. Really anything you have to say is appreciated. The more personal and unique the better.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: The time to beat is 26 seconds. =-P However, I'm seriously thinking about resubmitting a longer and better one as I want to add a few things to what I already said, because I'm not happy with the one I sent in.

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All your submissions, even short ones, are great. If you have anymore, send em in! giantbombcommunitypodcast@gmail.com

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hey guys, thanks for all your submissions so far I've been editing them for clarity and getting them ready for compiling, and they've all been great and extremely touching to hear.

@mezmero (and anyone else)If you want to contribute but would rather not (or cannot) speak, please feel free to email us a text submission and myself or another member would be more than happy to read it for you.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyxfe: Damn... how long do I have to re-record mine and send mine in? I wanted to get to it today, but I wasn't able to do it because I couldn't get a moment alone (without my mother listening in to what I say). Once I get that moment alone without her knowing, I'll be doing that recording immediately.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I will send something, this is a great effort, thanks a lot.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I will certainly try to send something in soon.! I just got some new recording equipment but haven't had a chance to mess around with it at all yet. I'll get around to it tomorrow or Saturday.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phatmac: Can you let me know if you get mine and if it works please?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

@phatmac: Can you let me know if you get mine and if it works please?

I got it and works. Thanks duder.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By aidros

@phatmac Just sent in a clip. Please edit it down if needed, and thanks!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

How much to erect a 10 feet tall bronze statue of Ryan in Petaluma?

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NyxFe

@tireyo643 said:

@nyxfe: Damn... how long do I have to re-record mine and send mine in? I wanted to get to it today, but I wasn't able to do it because I couldn't get a moment alone (without my mother listening in to what I say). Once I get that moment alone without her knowing, I'll be doing that recording immediately.

Well I planned on compiling them around Sunday night/mon morning, so plenty of time. Also I thought yours was fine, but feel free to re-record!

@fattony12000

Do you want me to rip the audio from that and include it? If you have the raw audio handy email it giantbombcommunitypodcast@gmail.com

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@fattony12000:

Loading Video...

Well, that worked fine. Do you have any non-embed settings in the upload?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fattony12000

@nyxfe Email sent.

@rorie Is that you embedding your own hot video, or mine? Because I *only* see doggie cuteness above me. As for the settings I'm using...

I have tried setting it to private and back to public again, as well as turning off allow embedding and turning it back on. No go.

What happens when you try to embed my video right here, Rorie?

FIXED! Thanks!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyxfe: It's been re-recorded, and should be sent in.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Phatmac

@aidros said:

@phatmac Just sent in a clip. Please edit it down if needed, and thanks!

Thank you!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be sure to let us know when this is up.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#48  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I sent you guys something. Thanks for doing this.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By guiseppe

Will definitely record something when I get home.

In the process of sending it now. There is some weirdness with the recording in the latter half I couldn't fix. But maybe you can.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Finally got a chance to record and sent it in.