• 66 results
#1 Edited by Fattony12000 (7101 posts) -

For all the quests, the achievement tracking, the chat, the posts, the polls, the images and the visual style that didn't make the jump to Web X.0.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them.

#2 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Never forget.

#3 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

Achievement tracking, I miss you ._.

#4 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Wow the new site is just too compressed.. I can't tell the borders between your pictures and I dunno where your post ends and the background begins. This sucks.

#5 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

What I miss is the 10 most recent topics at the bottom. I never really used the Forums main page, just scrolled down and bam!, I was right in it. Well, modern times are here I guess.

#6 Posted by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -

What I miss is the 10 most recent topics at the bottom. I never really used the Forums main page, just scrolled down and bam!, I was right in it.

My main complaint.

I miss the old site, generally. When that design rolled in, the only things that really bothered me was that everything was a tiny bit too big at the beginning, but that got scaled back quickly and that I lost the blog feed, but the people who's blogs I cared about stopped making them anyway.

This one, I don't like. But at least it works better than I expected or experienced in the beta, although there's still some sluggishness, but that'll probably get settled in the coming days.

#7 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

The forums are indeed what took the most beating in the transition. Everything else looks pretty smooth now.

#8 Edited by DizzyMedal (399 posts) -
I miss you, Coming Up Box

I haven't closed my tabs from last night... I don't handle change well :P

#9 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

The new site is poorly designed, don't know why they felt they had to make such a big change from the last design, everything worked how it should.

I feel this redesign is the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 8, everything is flashier but it takes more clicks to do what you want.

#10 Posted by Morningstar (2145 posts) -

Achievements and forum tracking on front page is what I miss the most. Quests not so much.

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Good night, sweet prince.

#12 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Farewell, you son of a bitch. </3

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

Anyone else going to miss HTML5 theater? Cause I will.

#14 Posted by Fattony12000 (7101 posts) -
#15 Edited by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

I actually really like the new site! Crazy, I know!

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10571 posts) -

Rest in Peace, old Giant Bomb design. Though you may have been eaten by a vicious sea serpent, we shall never forget.

NEVER FORGET!

#17 Posted by MorkaiTheWolf (185 posts) -

Anyone else going to miss HTML5 theater? Cause I will.

I already miss it...

#18 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Makes you realize how floaty the old site was. Everything's all jam packed together now. Overall liking the new site though.

#19 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Makes you realize how floaty the old site was. Everything's all jam packed together now. Overall liking the new site though. Especially the JV loading thing.

#20 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

NEVER forgot front page forums

#21 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I HATE THE NEW MOBILE SITE, I WANT THE OLD ONE BACK.

#22 Posted by Capum15 (4826 posts) -
@ghostiet said:

@alexandersheen

said:

What I miss is the 10 most recent topics at the bottom. I never really used the Forums main page, just scrolled down and bam!, I was right in it.

My main complaint.

Yep. It the main way I interacted with the forums. Rest in peace, Site Activity block.

#23 Edited by Brackynews (4050 posts) -

For all the quests, the achievement tracking, the chat, the posts, the polls, the images and the visual style that didn't make the jump to Web X.0.

I prefer to think of it as Web 20XX.

Also there is no way in this world or any other, that I have nearly the same post count as @capum15.

#24 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Lest we forget the front page forums. The part of the site which made me discover the forums right away.

#25 Edited by Carousel (418 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior

said:

The new site is poorly designed, don't know why they felt they had to make such a big change from the last design, everything worked how it should.

I feel this redesign is the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 8, everything is flashier but it takes more clicks to do what you want.

Absolutely agree.

These forums are an absolute eyesore.

ABSOLUTE.

#26 Edited by Skytylz (4031 posts) -
@carousel said:

@bourbon_warrior

said:

Absolutely agree.

These forums are an absolute eyesore.

ABSOLUTE.

The forums need some work. A third of my page is empty once I get past the forums tab at the top. I think I'm ok with most of the rest, but that is a major problem for me, especially when using the site not full screened.

I really wish they would have kept achievement tracking! I actually used that! I'm fine with the quests going away, because that was definitely a fad for users and the staff it seemed.

#28 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

TRIVIA! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

#30 Posted by probablytuna (3553 posts) -

Out with the old, in with the new. I am liking change, for once.

#31 Posted by Grimluck343 (1148 posts) -

Never forget.

#32 Edited by vegetashonor (567 posts) -

I miss being able to download off of my phone...where the heck has that gone??? :( Really sad here

#33 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

#34 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

The site is dead. Long live the site!

#35 Posted by Fattony12000 (7101 posts) -
I miss you, Coming Up Box

I haven't closed my tabs from last night... I don't handle change well :P

#36 Posted by mrfluke (5103 posts) -
#38 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

RIP

#39 Posted by MjHealy (1830 posts) -

I dunno guys, remember the original launch Giant Bomb? That shit was crazy, and they overhauled it after only a couple of weeks.

#40 Posted by kerse (2103 posts) -

I am indifferent, the look of the pages isn't why I come here.

#42 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Cool to see all this stuff archived. You served us well old Giant Bomb.

#43 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -
@mjhealy said:

I dunno guys, remember the original launch Giant Bomb? That shit was crazy, and they overhauled it after only a couple of weeks.

We should get a thread that shows all GB site changes over the years.

#44 Edited by Video_Game_King (36112 posts) -

This is the only remnant of my glory to the community to survive the Seaserpent's wrath:

The suave, daring, unrivaled King of Video Games. He is on an EROTIC quest to see if lesbians indeed have the goods. BEWARE, the Moon.

#45 Posted by DizzyMedal (399 posts) -

Okay, to be fair I should have said functional Coming Up Box. You know, the one that's less annoying to read and actually displays things in your timezone.

#46 Edited by Fattony12000 (7101 posts) -
#47 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Bring it back.

#48 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5273 posts) -

<><><>

#49 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Remember this?

Or better yet, this?

Then there's this...

#50 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

The memories!

Jeez, it's hard to believe that the site's only been around for 5 years. Seems like it's been around forever.

10 years from now, I will be proud to say that I was with Giant Bomb from the very beginning.