The Giant Bomb "What Crazy Video Game Treasure Do You Have?" Game

Grayfox34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grayfox34

I had this idea while I was sorting through my boxes of old video games. Basically, the idea is to see what sort of rare, crazy and unique video game treasures are hiding among the Giant Bomb community. To play, all you have to do is show a picture of a game that you think no other user has. If you see a picture of a game that you have, reply saying that you have it too and show a picture to prove it. The goal here is to find the most unique relics. I'll start. I've got the PAL version of Shenmue II. Beat that! 

Shenmue II

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By pickassoreborn

Rez Trance Vibrator. That or the Arcade Aid poster currently hanging on my wall.

Can't be bothered to take photos, take my word for it. I do have these treasures!

Edit - I can be bothered, it seems.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

I had some SNES stuff, but I gave it all to my cousin.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By lead_farmer
@CL60 said:
" I had some SNES stuff, but I gave it all to my cousin. "
Ah, the cousin.  Where every foolish gamer sends their old games without a thought, only to regret it because it is gone forever. 

This is how I lost Raiden Project.  Maybe not a treasure, but I friggin loved that game.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By agentboolen

Some SNES games, some N64 games, Splatterhouse 3 and Madden i think 95 for Genesis, and some Dreamcast games, even Marvel vs Capcom 2 that was going for a decent price till Xbox Live put it up there...  I also picked up that "Limited" Super Mario Allstars 25th annivasary package since it looked like it was going to be rare to get, but now I see them everywhere!!!  Limited my Ass.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By ssj4raditz

Not my picture, but I do have this package. A special edition of Sonic Adventure 2 sold for only two days in Japan to celebrate Sonic's 10th anniversary. Came with a soundtrack CD, art booklet, and special coin.

No Caption Provided
Grayfox34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grayfox34
@ssj4raditz: That is amazing. As a Sonic fan, I'm jealous.
pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By pickassoreborn

I have that above Sonic Adventure 2 pack. It's gathering dust. This must mean I hate Sonic... or what he's become.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SomeJerk

Viper Phase-1 New Version, safe to say nobody else here owns it (userpic).

If I had not sold everything else of my arcade collection (decided to keep the only game I liked), I would have shown you several arcade game PCBs not in MAME, many of them not even dumped. The very definition of treasure.

Got the ROM board of Raiden Fighters 1 (see Raiden Fighters Aces on the 360 for that one) next to me, sending it off in the mail next week because it doesn't compare to the fun of VP1 ¨<

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By alistercat

I doubt it. Dynamite Heady for Sega Megadrive. Wacky Races fro Dreamcast. These are not rare at all, I just doubt many people have them.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Reservoir dogs....oh wait thats right, they have a shitload of copies....they just never sold 'em.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I sold all my N4 games to a friend, incl. expansion pack. 

The gold version of Majora's Mask was the most prized, but it's still a pisser that I don't have any of them now.

As for gems that I currently own: SotC - artwork edition and MGS3: Subsistence are both pretty sick. The latter usually goes for over 100 bucks these days. Not that they are crazy rare or anything.

Grayfox34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grayfox34
@BjornTheUnicorn: I love PaRappa!
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By crusader8463

I don't feel like hunting around the house for batteries to put in my camera, but the most "rare" games I have on my shelf would probably be: Freelancer, A sexy Big box copy of Baldur's Gate Gate II with the old sexy manual and everything, and a copy of Paraworld.   

Ok I got motivated when I realized I might as well do it now, since the old photo I have is kind of out dated. This is pretty much my video game shrine.  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexW00d

I have almost all of my Megadrive collection still. Both Ecco the Dolphins. Loved that shit.

Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Orange

A family that lived in my neighborhood was having a garage sale because they were moving to Japan. They were selling some old gaming stuff including Japanese N64 and GameBoy games... I had never seen any Japanese games in person before so I thought it was pretty cool. I ended up buying a lot of stuff from them because they were selling the games for ridiculously cheap prices. Here's what I ended up getting...

Pokemon Yellow - $3
Mario Kart 64 - $5
Super Smash Bros. - $5
DDR Disney's Dancing Museum (w/ dance pad) - $15
Mario Tennis - $5
Mario Party - $5

I no longer have Pokemon Yellow, Mario Kart 64, or DDR Disney's Dancing Museum because I sold them.

My main reason for this post is because the DDR game is the only N64 DDR game and it was only released in Japan. Even a simple Google search won't give you many results for the game, so it's pretty rare (at least to my knowledge it is).

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Needle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Needle

Wish I had a better picture of this, unfortunately my good camera has suddenly decided to stop working. So you get a craptastic phone pic instead.

I own TONS of cool stuff. This is something I'm proud of, though. I own eight copies of Lunar: The Silver Star for Sega CD. I custom framed them all with a copy of the instruction manual in the middle and hung it on my wall.

If you're not sure why anyone would own eight copies of a single game, the website below actually details the history of Victor Ireland's insane collector's mentality in the golden age of Working Designs' tenure.  Of note in the link, I also own all the Dragon Force variants, all of the Alundra variants, and all of the Magic Knight Rayearth variants. And that doesn't even scratch the surface of my collection... but that's a story for a different thread. :)

I'll also try to get a better photo.

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/workingdesigns/index.htm

No Caption Provided
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

I used to own the fairly rare Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions, though I lost it through time =(. Fucking loved that as well. Had a great assortment of weird VR missions, including ones where you had to solve murder mysteries, and even assassinate Snake while playing as Gray Fox. 

..And now I'm reminding myself as to why I miss it so much in the first place ='(

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By ReyGitano
@lead_farmer said:
" @CL60 said:
" I had some SNES stuff, but I gave it all to my cousin. "
Ah, the cousin.  Where every foolish gamer sends their old games without a thought, only to regret it because it is gone forever.  This is how I lost Raiden Project.  Maybe not a treasure, but I friggin loved that game. "
I gave my cousin my Super Nintendo... what a fool I was.
WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WickedFather

Castlevania SOTN with art book and music CD.  Mint, and I will sell it when I can be bothered.  A Link to the Past and Super Mario Kart are about the only things I wouldn't sell from my stupid stack of Snes stuff.  I got rid of the Donkey Kong games including big boxed #2 with guide.  Wish I hadn't hoarded and sold when prices would have been good to be honest.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Uh...I've got some old NES and SNES stuff, but not anything especially rare or special.... 

I've got one of those Resident Evil 4 chainsaw controllers, but again, those aren't the rarest of items. Still pretty cool looking though. 

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By nintendoeats

Famicom with disk system and Metroid? Virtual Boy? Vectrex? I don't know, one of those prolly.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Rayeth

My favorite stuff are my original copies of Final Fantasy Tactics (original run, pre-greatest hits), and Suikoden I and Suikoden II.    Suikoden II is apparently the most rare of the 3 and I have to say that game is amazing for anyone who hasn't played it yet. 

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nick_verissimo

My most prized video game treasure is my copy of Secret of Mana for the SNES. It was probably my favourite game growing up and is still something I find my self going back to every 2-3 years.  That reminds me actually, I'm due for a playthrough this summer :)

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By SpudBug

My favorites are my collection of longbox PS1 games, black box NES launch titles in box, Mother 3 for GBA complete, and complete versions of Final Fantasy 6 and Secret of Mana (or Seiken Densetsu 2 since that's what's on the box ) For Super Famicom.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By halberdierv2

Super Mario All Stars/Super Mario World cartridge for SNES. its not super-rare, but not many people have them. then again, that's all I have, since My SNES died a few years ago.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

All the WoW collectors editions and a 20th Anniversary Gameboy Micro

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Random88

I have a PAL version of Suikoden and Suikoden 2

I also have a signed copy of Blazblue Continuum Shift.  Signed by Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori

No Caption Provided

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ckeats

I've got a working NES with the orange zapper. Not a big deal but pretty cool to me. 
Also, I have a original red Gameboy (the big brick one), and a special edition red Mario Kart fat DS. 
Most prized I'd say would be my Jack Frost plush, or my complete Phoenix Wright DS collection, which are bitches to find now, imagine 10 years from now.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TobbRobb

I've got the PAL versions of, "Cel Damage Overdrive", "The Hobbit" and "Metal Arms:Glitch in the system". They were all unasked for and Hobbit turned out pretty shit. Though I have pretty fond memories of the other two. Can't be arsed to take a pic.

jtt02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jtt02

I

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Jeust

I have the Gamecube Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4 and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Might not be the rarest, but they are some of the best horror games to date!

Needle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Needle

I've already posted in this thread but darnit, I'm posting again.

I also own a physical copy of Radiant Silvergun for the Sega Saturn - if that's not a video game "treasure" then I don't know what is! Ha, get it? Treasure? Yea? Okay fine I'm going now.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By recroulette

My Dynasty Warriors 4 Treasure Box 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By weegieanawrench

My treasure beats every one of yours, behold! 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By killroycantkill

I think mine would have to be my NES stuff, though I still need a top loader since my regular NES is refusing to die.

Offical Nintendo carrying case for games, Power Glove, NES Advantage (Have two), NES Grey Zapper (Have two but only one quick scope.)
 Offical Nintendo carrying case for games, Power Glove, NES Advantage (Have two), NES Grey Zapper (Have two but only one quick scope.)

Boy and his Blob, Maniac Mansion, Master Blaster, Bomberman, Xevious, DK Jr, Super  Mario (Only mario but I also have the double and triple pack), FF1, Abadox, Mega Man 2, Metroid, Excitebike, Rush n' Attack, Super Mario 2, Battletoads, Ninja Turtles 2 Arcade Game, Bayou Bully, Life Force, Jackle, Metal Gear, Super Mario Bros 3.
 Boy and his Blob, Maniac Mansion, Master Blaster, Bomberman, Xevious, DK Jr, Super  Mario (Only mario but I also have the double and triple pack), FF1, Abadox, Mega Man 2, Metroid, Excitebike, Rush n' Attack, Super Mario 2, Battletoads, Ninja Turtles 2 Arcade Game, Bayou Bully, Life Force, Jackle, Metal Gear, Super Mario Bros 3.

I have more stuff than this but  I don't have any crazy rare signed stuff or special japan only editions. Mainly my list of games is my treasure.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By toowalrus

Funny, my friend at work was talking about this the other day, and he was shocked when I told him I still had one in my closet somewhere. I dug it out, slapped a new battery in it, and it's good as new. I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow. 

No Caption Provided
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GreggD

I have a copy of the official Wolfenstein 3D Hint Manual signed by John Carmack and Kevin Cloud.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nocall

I've got the original PC version of king's bounty somewhere in a box in the attic.  Don't really want to dig around for it though, so if you don't believe me that's fine.

It was the official first game I ever played. And it was a blast. 

...gosh, now I DO want to dig it up.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kyreo

Uh...  I still have my Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Brothers cartridges.  That's about as close to "Treasure" as it gets for me.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zityz
@jtt02 said:
" I have a copy of Shaq Fu signed by the BLACK POWER RANGER!!!  Who can honestly say they have that besides me?  This makes me laugh every time i get it out.

No Caption Provided
"
lol thats hilarious. I have the genesis version WITH the music cd still....thats equal parts funny and depressing. 
Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By Leafhopper

Well I got an actual copy of Einhander for 30 dollars. And that was used in 2007 and it was still 30 bucks.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rentfn

I have my Earthbound Giant box with game and  guide and what not. yay earthbound!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#45  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I have a random plastic bag somewhere with the floppy disks of the original DOS version of Sid Meyer's Colonization, which I randomly bought at the thrift store for a dollar. Yeah, it's no signed collector's edition or super rare Saturn game, but I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: Oh snap! I also totally have Tie Fighter in its original box with all the floppies (missing the manual though). Once again, not entirely sure how I managed to obtain it so well preserved.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GreggD
@ArbitraryWater said:

" I have a random plastic bag somewhere with the floppy disks of the original DOS version of Sid Meyer's Colonization, which I randomly bought at the thrift store for a dollar. Yeah, it's no signed collector's edition or super rare Saturn game, but I'll take what I can get. "

Something, always better than nothing. I actually have the GIGANTIC box of No One Lives Forever for PC. I'm gonna see if I can't dig the photo of that up and post it here. 
Edit:
No Caption Provided
There it is. I actually forgot how overshadowed that thing became once I bought the Lucasarts Archive. Holy shit, that box is ginormous.
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Romination
@agentboolen said:
" Some SNES games, some N64 games, Splatterhouse 3 and Madden i think 95 for Genesis, and some Dreamcast games, even Marvel vs Capcom 2 that was going for a decent price till Xbox Live put it up there...  I also picked up that "Limited" Super Mario Allstars 25th annivasary package since it looked like it was going to be rare to get, but now I see them everywhere!!!  Limited my Ass. "
They reprinted those, but it's still just a limited, and this time final, run. Thank god, I missed it the first time, I managed to get it this time around. 

I USED to have a gold Majora's Mask with a lenticular, but we lent it to someone and then they moved to Germany. So nothing.
Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Helimocopter

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for gamecube?
the only reason i put that forward is because i don't know anyone else who has even heard of it

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49  Edited By killroycantkill
@Romination: If it rubs it in your face I have the gold Majora's Mask with the lenticular. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DAFTPUNK

Suikoden 1&2