#1 Edited by believer258 (12208 posts) -

Yesterday evening I created this thread to look for support for a GiantBomb 360 community hub, hopefully to create one similar to the PC Gaming hub. I didn't quite garner a ton of support but a decent number of people did approve and so I created a sort of precursor to this before I can put my full energies into. I created a gamertag called "GiantBomb360" through which people can look into and join current games.

I'm creating this thread simply as a newscast to tell the 360 owners of Giant Bomb that this exists. Come on, join up, and play some games with each other!

Just incase you missed it, the name of the gamertag is

GiantBomb360

EDIT: Mods, could one of you put this into the 360 forum? I didn't mean to leave it in General Discussion.

#2 Edited by believer258 (12208 posts) -

Please respond to this thread if you decide to send a friend request. Some people have sent one but in order for this to be successful it must be near the top.

#3 Posted by web966 (87 posts) -

Sending a friend request. gamertag 9volt

#4 Posted by believer258 (12208 posts) -

@web966 said:

Sending a friend request. gamertag 9volt

See, here's one person. Come on, I know there's more of you out there.

#5 Posted by Humanity (10125 posts) -

@believer258: I read your other thread but I don't exactly understand how these community tags work? Could you explain that to me cause I joined one for SSX but then I never saw anything happen with it so I just added a bunch of GB dooders instead.

#6 Edited by believer258 (12208 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@believer258: I read your other thread but I don't exactly understand how these community tags work? Could you explain that to me cause I joined one for SSX but then I never saw anything happen with it so I just added a bunch of GB dooders instead.

No, it doesn't actually have anything to do with Giantbomb other than people from Giantbomb playing together. The idea is that you send an Xbox 360 friend request to GiantBomb360, and a bunch of other people do the same. I can accept them all, and then voila! GB members who play on Xbox Live can easily see other GB members who play on Live through that gamertag, "gamertag" here being Microsoft's term for "username".

I'm hoping to gather a bunch of Giantbomb guys who just want to play 360 games together, like the PC gaming hub is for PC duders.

#7 Edited by AlexW00d (6446 posts) -

That's an all right way of getting around the fact that Live pales in comparison to Steam. I wish you all the best.

#8 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

sent gamertag: clumthumb

#9 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Let's keep it fresh.

#10 Posted by believer258 (12208 posts) -

All right! More people have joined. Seven, now. Which still isn't much, so come on, join!

#11 Posted by moffattron9000 (353 posts) -

sent my gamertag: moffattron9000

#12 Posted by believer258 (12208 posts) -

All right, this is plain and simple a bump to see if anyone else will join in. Eight people thus far. Come on, it isn't much work and if you don't like it you can leave. I'd really love to have a good 360 gaming group going here, think of how great it could be!

#13 Posted by Slurpelve (619 posts) -

GT: SpartanD250

#14 Posted by InfiniteSpark (274 posts) -

Sent a friends request to the account. GT: Renmei85

#15 Posted by believer258 (12208 posts) -

@BadSniper52 said:

GT: SpartanD250

I actually meant for people to send friend requests to the GiantBomb360 profile because keeping up with sending requests to everyone could be difficult, but OK.

#16 Posted by Zacagawea (1616 posts) -

I sent a request

#17 Edited by DarthOrange (3908 posts) -

@believer258: Wait so what is this for? I am confused...

Edit: Screw it message sent (TheDarthOrange)

#18 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Done. I have no idea if I will ever be involved in anything, but there you are.

#19 Posted by believer258 (12208 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@believer258: Wait so what is this for? I am confused...

Edit: Screw it message sent (TheDarthOrange)

Just so that duders can easily invite other duders to games without having to come here and start up a thread and all of that. Later (i.e. next Friday) I hope to integrate it into a gaming community similar to what AhmadMetallic has done for the PC community.

#20 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

I usually don't play recent games, but I'll give it a shot. Message sent, GT: NegativeCero

#21 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

seems like a smart idea...

#22 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

Sent. GT ChadMasterFlash

#23 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1173 posts) -

I'm sending one. Metric Outlaw

#24 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Sent.

GT: Joshthebear

#25 Posted by TheActionFigure (23 posts) -

I sent a the friend request. My gamertag is TheActionFigure.

#26 Posted by Fredddi43 (359 posts) -

I've also sent a friend request, tag is the same as forum name :)

#27 Posted by believer258 (12208 posts) -

Thanks to everyone that sent one! Let's hope some more come along.

#28 Posted by Athadam (705 posts) -

I won't be able to play until friday, but hopefully you can send a friend request to: Athadam ii

Thanks!

#29 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

My gamertag is Jrinswand. I don't really play many console games online though, and I probably won't for the foreseeable future.

#30 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

lets keep it up.

#31 Posted by reverberation (9 posts) -

sent a request. GT: Fayle

#32 Posted by Sgtpierceface (648 posts) -

I sent a message too!