#1 Posted by Raven9686 (58 posts) -

sucks. I seem to have a lot of trobule with with it.How is on your end people
#2 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

mine works exactly the way i want it to. so you're using it wrong

#3 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3101 posts) -

It is clunky. Crashes randomly at times. Isn't too reliable nor fast. It works, but could greatly benefit from a much needed update. But I know the "top men" have "topper" problems to deal with.

#4 Posted by PATERSON (246 posts) -

Works fine for me.

#5 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Videos don't work over 3g or wifi most of the time for me. Come to think of it, even when I try to use Safari in my iphone their videos still don't work most the time?  What the hell giantbomb?

#6 Posted by crazyleaves (648 posts) -

yeah, you used to be able to read the whole story but now just the blurbs. it started doin that a few mos. ago. i have an ipod touch but whatev. I got it to support the gang anyway.

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

It works for me. I don't have any problems with 3G or WiFi.

#8 Edited by SpartyOn (500 posts) -
@crazyleaves said:

" yeah, you used to be able to read the whole story but now just the blurbs. it started doin that a few mos. ago.   

yeah, this is the one thing I hate about the app
#9 Posted by Raven9686 (58 posts) -

I was so happy when i first downloaded it. "Endurance Run City I thought." Then i started it and was very displeased
#10 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:

" It is clunky. Crashes randomly at times. Isn't too reliable nor fast. It works, but could greatly benefit from a much needed update. But I know the "top men" have "topper" problems to deal with. "

Is something "topper" than an app we paid money for, albeit not much, but an app that ultimately is touch and go.
 I bought that app to show the site support, I atleast expect it to work =/
So many times the news doesn't stream, it'll crash, it won't load anything.
#11 Posted by mau64 (533 posts) -

Yeah I was about to download it but seen the most recent comments were poo pooing all over it claiming it chugs then eventually fails.

#12 Edited by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

i use it the odd time... it does crash randomly at times

im pretty sure jeff tweeted that they will soon be replacing it or somthing?

#13 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

I was under the impression that they have no plans to update it.
Since you can now just view the videos though Safari.

#14 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

"We already have an iPhone app up on the store. I believe it's free right now. We'll be replacing it with something better in the relatively near future."

was posted by jeff to some gentlemans wall...

#15 Posted by Rinkalicous (1340 posts) -
@Crixaliz: Wait, what? 

I think something's up with my phone (It's a conspiracy!) as the BBC claims their videos work through the browser as well, but no dice on my end. Do you just click them and they go? Because when I click them, nothing happens. It's like I'm clicking an image or something.
#16 Posted by PJ (1158 posts) -

I bought the app, used it once and then never again. That should tell you someting... wait a minute. That doesn't tell you anything. No one uses an app from the app store more then once.

#17 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I don't have the GB app but when I visit any whiskey media site on my iPad it wont let me type comments. :(

#18 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" I don't have the GB app but when I visit any whiskey media site on my iPad it wont let me type comments. :( "
Yeah, that is annoying too. If I could post in the forum on my iPhone I would always be on here.
#19 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -
@Rinkalicous: Last time I tried it didn't work for me either, but I don't have the latest firmware update so I thought that might be the reason.
#20 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I used to have problems but now it's working perfectly. 

#21 Posted by monkeyroach (175 posts) -

I think it sucks but the website looks pretty dam good on my ipad.Thanks for the html5 support, i can watch every video now on this site and tested.com.

#22 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1130 posts) -

Never had a problem with it. It would be nice if they'd patch it to solve the problems people seem to have but they've already said that they aren't going to.

#23 Posted by one_2nd (2333 posts) -

Mine works fine, I wish I could sign into my account on it though. 

#24 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Props to Harris and all those other guys that worked on the Android version. It works great. Now if I can just get a proper 3G signal around my neighborhood to properly stream videos and junk.

#25 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Could be much better.  Needs SD download on Android as well as the ability to run in the background.

#26 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

I have a blackberry, so no app for me.

#27 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

It would be nice if they updated it, looks stale and not great on iphone4

#28 Posted by wormz (140 posts) -

Most of the time when I start it, it crashes straight away to the "desktop". If I immediately get the fuck out of news section or whatever's the first, it might work for a little while.  I bought it to support the site, but it would be kinda nice to actually be able to use the app too. I hope I won't have to pay again (it wasn't much, but still) when they release a new one.

#29 Posted by Shaymarx (113 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel:  I had the issue with my iPad, you can however insert html, a little clunky but can work.
#30 Posted by Raven9686 (58 posts) -

i seem to have problems using the android version. I have the LG ally
#31 Posted by bondfish (68 posts) -

is crumpled and jawsome

#32 Posted by Dragon_Fire (369 posts) -

It works okay I just wish I could play videos in higher quality.
Also is this going to be on the Android soon? I hope so being that I'm going to be getting a Android Phone.

#33 Posted by jkz (4061 posts) -

Since they added HTML5 versions of their videos, I've seen no need to use the app.

As for the app on Android, it works fine for me (Rooted MyTouch 3G running custom firmware).

#34 Posted by limewizard (192 posts) -

It works brilliantly for me. 

I just want the "New Releases" section to be a little clearer, and easy to read.

#35 Posted by Raven9686 (58 posts) -

it alright but.....it could just be my phone. Oh well
#36 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I was hoping since I paid 2 bucks for it, that I would get more support. Thanks a lot Giant Bomb app makers. You suck ass.

#37 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -

It'd be nice if the app was updated but majorly.

#38 Posted by Raven9686 (58 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
"I was hoping since I paid 2 bucks for it, that I would get more support. Thanks a lot Giant Bomb app makers. You suck ass. "

I got it for free
#39 Posted by Ferginator4k (738 posts) -

It hasnt worked for me in about 6 months, hoping they can fix issues with it.