The good old split-screen not on PS3

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By angelkanarias

I currently have 8 PS3 games, 5 of which could perfectly be fit for split screen, but only two allow me to play when my friends come over. Those games are little big planet and resistance 2. We got tired long ago of Resistance and I'm getting quite tired of always playing LBP when my friends come over. Don't get me wrong, the game is awesome, but I would totally like to have more than two options before playing. Some say it is because of the rendering, but come on! GoW 2 plays perfectly and I had a great time when I played with a friend of mine. Anyways, is anybody disappointed about this apart from me? Should people be doing more to have this ''service''?

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

Split screen is crap for 3D games.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

Streetfighter 4 is a lot of fun with friends.  Also, Gran Turismo 5 has splitscreen. 

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

COD4 on the ps3 has split screen. honestly, i don't really care much for split screen. split screens have always been annoying for me becuase only seeing half of a screen is irritating.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By angelkanarias
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"COD4 on the ps3 has split screen. honestly, i don't really care much for split screen. split screens have always been annoying for me becuase only seeing half of a screen is irritating. "
Yeah, but at least you can have human contact and some laughs. When it is via internet, it isn't so cool.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

Split screen is even more relevant now than it was in the past because of large screen television.  On a 108cn plasma, split screen lets everybody see everything.  I would take split screen over online anyday.  Nothing beats sitting with your mates, laughing and interacting.  Beating a friend is always better when you are in the same room.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By samcotts

Splitscreen is a lot better then online multiplayer if you're playing with some good friends, no matter what the game is. It's annoying that splitscreen is not being supported by more and more games, and it looks like it will soon cease to exist a part from the odd fighter. My best gaming memories are of playing Timesplitters 3 with 2 or more of my mates, all sitting round the one TV. Splitscreen is great and I hope dev's realize that a lot of people still love it.

Magresda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magresda

So you are saying that games that have split-screen (or some sort of local co-op) on the 360 DON'T have split-screen on the PS3? Are you missing split-screen purely from the PS3 or do you mean in general on all consoles? 

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By angelkanarias
Magresda said:
"So you are saying that games that have split-screen (or some sort of local co-op) on the 360 DON'T have split-screen on the PS3? Are you missing split-screen purely from the PS3 or do you mean in general on all consoles? "
I don't really have a 360, so I don't know if it has as few split-screen titles as the PS3, but I played Gears of War 2 on it and it was awesome. In some part, what I am trying to say is that in the PS3 there aren't really many cool shooter split-screen titles. But still there are many cool shooters which have the potential.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ
oldschool said:
"Split screen is even more relevant now than it was in the past because of large screen television.  On a 108cn plasma, split screen lets everybody see everything.  I would take split screen over online anyday.  Nothing beats sitting with your mates, laughing and interacting.  Beating a friend is always better when you are in the same room."
Unless your friends are screen-looking assholes. We get competitive...
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Magresda said:
"So you are saying that games that have split-screen (or some sort of local co-op) on the 360 DON'T have split-screen on the PS3? Are you missing split-screen purely from the PS3 or do you mean in general on all consoles? "
Well the go to game with friends on the 360 has split screen.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Magresda said:
Well the go to game with friends on the 360 has split screen. "
*sigh* This isn't about the XBOX... 
prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By prinny_god

well how about you tell your friends "I don't want to play those games"

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine

There are few games that are actually fun when you play them split screen so I'm not really disappointed by that. I usually only play games with my friends online because of this.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Otacon

Played Left 4 Dead with my friend on split screen yesterday, was incredibly fun. Online isn't the same really, for the PS3 I would recommend Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and SFIV for a break from FPS.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive
why don't you and your friends all play online together like i do?

Otacon said:
"Played Left 4 Dead with my friend on split screen yesterday, was incredibly fun. Online isn't the same really, for the PS3 I would recommend Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and SFIV for a break from FPS."
thats one of the only fps games that is fantastic split screen. a pacific rift is a great idea. 

I would recommend more sports games though man, come on thats just common sense. Go buy NHL 09, its awesome with a few friends over with a couple of beers. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust
  • Motorstorm Pacific Drift
  • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (&2)
  • Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (now)
  • COD 4 & W@W
  • PSN download - Commando 3 Wolf of the Battlefield
  • PSN download - Super Stardust HD
  • PSN download - Wipeout HD
  • PSN download - Calling All Cars
  • and finally most fighters like Street Fighter IV, Soul Caliber & Mortal Kombat vs DC have some onscreen "versus" mode

All these games are for the Playstation 3 and have local multiplayer.  Also, Kane & Lynch and Army of Two have local multiplayer, but I don't know if they are any good.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By super_machine

I totaly agree. I wish more games had split screen and co-op. Some of my favorite games are ones I play with my buddy via split screen on his xbox360. Games like Killzone2 should have had split screen at least in the multiplayer. Also co-op would have been nice for that game too.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Isnt RE5 splitscreen?
Also i like the "pass the controller" multiplayer more cuz theres more place for shittalking.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By angelkanarias
NukeGoBoom said:
"Isnt RE5 splitscreen?"
I guess so, but it has not yet released for PS3, and it doesn't seem it will ever do.
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cazamalos

split screen with your mates at your home always going to be better than online, ALWAYS, but now developers are killing slipt screen to rise up sales? i mean is better  sell 2 games, instead of two budys playing with one game

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SoothsayerGB
cazamalos said:
"split screen with your mates at your home always going to be better than online, ALWAYS, but now developers are killing slipt screen to rise up sales? i mean is better  sell 2 games, instead of two budys playing with one game"
No, split screen is crap and has always been crap.  Playing with more then one Box is the only way to play MP or CO-OP, when in the same room.  I don't know a single person, that only has 1 TV in their house.  Shit, I have 13 old and new.  2 are Zeniths from the 80s.

Have you ever heard of a LAN party?  Do you live in the mid-90's?  I welcome you to earth.

Split screen is only still around for the kiddies and cheapskates to mess around with.  Devs will keep it around too.  Every once in a while a game will have it.  Since a lot of kids, have parents who only want to buy 1 copy of the game.

Split screen is a archaic remnant.  Used as a fall back idea.  I don't use it ever.  My friends wont play a game with it and if we can't find and buy another copy of the game.  We wont play co-op until we do.  Anything else is a waste of our entertainment systems. 

Honestly.  Split screen belittles the DEV's intire work.  Squishing and jarring what they spent years creating.  Anyone who supports split screen, supports wearing blinders while you game.  It's a slap in the face to the game's creators.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gargantuan
SoothsayerGB said:
"cazamalos said:
"split screen with your mates at your home always going to be better than online, ALWAYS, but now developers are killing slipt screen to rise up sales? i mean is better  sell 2 games, instead of two budys playing with one game"
No, split screen is crap and has always been crap.  Playing with more then one Box is the only way to play MP or CO-OP, when in the same room.  I don't know a single person, that only has 1 TV in their house.  Shit, I have 13 old and new.  2 are Zeniths from the 80s.Have you ever heard of a LAN party?  Do you live in the mid-90's?  I welcome you to earth.Split screen is only still around for the kiddies and cheapskates to mess around with.  Devs will keep it around too.  Every once in a while a game will have it.  Since a lot of kids, have parents who only want to buy 1 copy of the game.Split screen is a archaic remnant.  Used as a fall back idea.  I don't use it ever.  My friends wont play a game with it and if we can't find and buy another copy of the game.  We wont play co-op until we do.  Anything else is a waste of our entertainment systems.  Honestly.  Split screen belittles the DEV's intire work.  Squishing and jarring what they spent years creating.  Anyone who supports split screen, supports wearing blinders while you game.  It's a slap in the face to the game's creators."
I love slapping game creators faces and playing split-screen, so It's a win-win situation for me :P

Seriously, this post is full of bullshit.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By angelkanarias
SoothsayerGB said:
"cazamalos said:
No, split screen is crap and has always been crap.  Playing with more then one Box is the only way to play MP or CO-OP, when in the same room.  I don't know a single person, that only has 1 TV in their house.  Shit, I have 13 old and new.  2 are Zeniths from the 80s.Have you ever heard of a LAN party?  Do you live in the mid-90's?  I welcome you to earth.Split screen is only still around for the kiddies and cheapskates to mess around with.  Devs will keep it around too.  Every once in a while a game will have it.  Since a lot of kids, have parents who only want to buy 1 copy of the game.Split screen is a archaic remnant.  Used as a fall back idea.  I don't use it ever.  My friends wont play a game with it and if we can't find and buy another copy of the game.  We wont play co-op until we do.  Anything else is a waste of our entertainment systems.  Honestly.  Split screen belittles the DEV's intire work.  Squishing and jarring what they spent years creating.  Anyone who supports split screen, supports wearing blinders while you game.  It's a slap in the face to the game's creators."
I like to have human contact. It seems you like better staying locked inside your house with an essential internet connection.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By OmegaPirate
angelkanarias said:
"NukeGoBoom said:
"Isnt RE5 splitscreen?"
I guess so, but it has not yet released for PS3, and it doesn't seem it will ever do.
"
Both platforms, released at the same time?
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By angelkanarias
OmegaPirate said:
"angelkanarias said:
"NukeGoBoom said:
"Isnt RE5 splitscreen?"
"
Both platforms, released at the same time?
"
I was wrong. I ment left 4 dead.