#1 Edited by AncientMecha (99 posts) -

This is a thread for everybody to post their gaming and Giant Bomb related text message alerts. Ringtones belong elsewhere.

It is intended to be used for a long time. Hopefully it turns out great! If we can pool resources and make larger, more complete collections, that would be super rad.

Here's my contributions to get things rolling. A lot of these are from raw SFX packs I dug through and curated by hand, separating out the sounds that could potentially be useful.

Specific Games - Let's make more!

General Packs - I'd definitely like to expand these!

• Arcade - Currently a bit of Street Fighter, Galaga, and a bit of DK. Maybe in the future break it into eras?
  • General Gaming - Mega Man, Super Metroid, Fez, Zelda, MGS (of course...)
#2 Posted by NegativeCero (2924 posts) -

This is a great idea for a thread I'm surprise hasn't been made yet. I don't have anything to contribute because I have no idea how to take a sound I hear and make it into a text tone, though.

#3 Posted by FlamingHobo (4475 posts) -

Awesome idea for a thread! Afraid I don't have any to share myself but I imagine I'll be coming back to this thread fairly often.

#4 Posted by DarkShaper (1296 posts) -

For the last few days I have been using the voice from Superhot

#5 Posted by AncientMecha (99 posts) -

@negativecero: Any sound file that would make an appropriate tone is fine! Mine are all just .mp3 or .wav files.

#6 Posted by Vermisean (144 posts) -

@darkshaper: I love you for posting this. I just can't get enough of that super hot voice.

#7 Posted by probablytuna (3441 posts) -

I don't have any game-related ringtones but this is awesome, I look forward to more submissions!

#8 Edited by Nick (622 posts) -