#1 Posted by louchegamer (9 posts) -

This may just be the greatest episode of a podcast to every be produced.

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/CGW/GFWR082008.mp3

#2 Posted by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

Or it might not.

#3 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

ive downloaded it. havent listened to it yet.

whats so special? i thought the one with Shawn and jeff reading the cyber sex one was epic.

#4 Posted by louchegamer (9 posts) -

Yaddle

#5 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
louchegamer said:
"Yaddle"

do they talk about how Chuf love said he got offended by the yaddle talk and said "fuck GFW radio"???

cant wait for it, i got 10 mins left till im done with this sports podcast im listening. GFW's next
#6 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

 louchegamer said:

"Yaddle"
Listen to Anthony Gallegos on Yaddle on last weeks 1UP FM XD He's got a pretty good rant tearing into the GFW guys for making fun of her earlier.
#7 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

 louchegamer said:

"Yaddle"
Listen to Anthony Gallegos on Yaddle on last weeks 1UP FM XD He's got a pretty good rant tearing into the GFW guys for making fun of her earlier.
#8 Posted by louchegamer (9 posts) -

Yeah it was great but all the other stuff they add to it at the start of the podcast makes it even better.

#9 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Well I think GFW is the best podcast out there, by far. I don't really think any other podcast comes close.

#10 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

holy shit first 10 mins.....EPIC shit son.

*grabs pop corn*

#11 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -

It was a little juvenile, and likely why I feel no remorse for not listening to any 1UP/EGM/etc podcasts outside of the occasional Retronauts (when it's a series I am more than familiar with).

#12 Posted by Adam_West (50 posts) -
Mourne said:
"It was a little juvenile, and likely why I feel no remorse for not listening to any 1UP/EGM/etc podcasts outside of the occasional Retronauts (when it's a series I am more than familiar with)."

you shouldnt, they make fun of people like you. you know "the too koolz for school nerds"
#13 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
Adam_West said:
"you shouldnt, they make fun of people like you. you know "the too koolz for school nerds""
...Or perhaps they avoid "making fun" of those that exhibit undesirable grammar practices, and thus are able to appeal to you. That would be how I imagine it, anyway.

By observing your username and avatar, it is quite clear you are more of a "nerd" than I. If you believe my issue with that podcast was about an incredibly irrelevant Star Wars character and a far more irrelevant Star Wars fanboy, you are quite mistaken. My issue was that the three presenters came off as immature and almost as insecure as the person they were talking about--it was almost like a middle school fall-out.

So, before you make anymore assumptions, I'll simplify the above by noting that that podcast (with its flaws and lack of personality) was undesirable to me. It may appeal to you (someone of a super hero persuasion) as roaming music for your raids on the crime-ladden streets of Gotham, but I enjoy podcasts that do not resemble the ramblings of spiteful tweens.
#14 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -
Mourne said:
"Adam_West said:
"you shouldnt, they make fun of people like you. you know "the too koolz for school nerds""
...Or perhaps they avoid "making fun" of those that exhibit undesirable grammar practices, and thus are able to appeal to you. That would be how I imagine it, anyway.

By observing your username and avatar, it is quite clear you are more of a "nerd" than I. If you believe my issue with that podcast was about an incredibly irrelevant Star Wars character and a far more irrelevant Star Wars fanboy, you are quite mistaken. My issue was that the three presenters came off as immature and almost as insecure as the person they were talking about--it was almost like a middle school fall-out.

So, before you make anymore assumptions, I'll simplify the above by noting that that podcast (with its flaws and lack of personality) was undesirable to me. It may appeal to you (someone of a super hero persuasion) as roaming music for your raids on the crime-ladden streets of Gotham, but I enjoy podcasts that do not resemble the ramblings of spiteful tweens."
by trying to sound smart, all you've done is look like a jerk
#15 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
Thrawn said:
"by trying to sound smart, all you've done is look like a jerk"
Nowhere in there was an attempt to sound smart, but if it came off as such, I apologize.

What it was an attempt to do, however, was to point out how much of an assumption he was willing to make with undeniably linear logic. It's something akin to message boards, really.
#16 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

GFW?  Lack of personality?  Balderdash!

Mourne's just upset that Shawn made fun of a fanfic he spent weeks working on.

While I enjoyed this episode as much as any other, the Age of Conan bit on last week was one of the greatest things in podcast history, right up there with their Second Life adventures and Don King's 3 Red Lights phone call.

#17 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"GFW?  Lack of personality?  Balderdash!

Mourne's just upset that Shawn made fun of a fanfic he spent weeks working on."
Hahaha!

That was actually a good one. Personally, I can't say I like any Star Wars outside of the original trilogy, so I can't even begin to defend something from the ever-atrocious new trilogy.
#18 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Mourne, in all honesty, I would think that someone who writes in the fashion that you do would find a lot to like in that podcast, considering a more high-brow analysis of game design & narrative is a frequent topic of discussion on GFW Radio than your usual "That part was awesome when that shit blew up!" discussions found elsewhere.

...and then they pepper it with vomit flavored jelly beans.

#19 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"Mourne, in all honesty, I would think that someone who writes in the fashion that you do would find a lot to like in that podcast, considering a more high-brow analysis of game design & narrative is a frequent topic of discussion on GFW Radio than your usual "That part was awesome when that shit blew up!" discussions found elsewhere."
Perhaps, perhaps. I'll tune in sometime in the coming weeks and give it a good listen.

Currently, I only listen to the Giant Bomb podcast, Kevin Smith & Scott Mosier's SModcast, as well as The Ricky Gervais Show. I find I enjoy listening to episodes of Real Time with Bill Maher on iTunes as well, but I'm always open for another gaming outlet podcast.
#20 Edited by minus_273 (48 posts) -

Wow, you do realize that the whole thing was a setup to make fun of internet drama queens right? GFW is hands down the most intelligent gaming podcast out there.  It often "devolves"  into discussions of books and what everyone is reading.

I cant believe you said this;

Mourne
said:

"Adam_West said:
"you shouldnt, they make fun of people like you. you know "the too koolz for school nerds""
...Or perhaps they avoid "making fun" of those that exhibit undesirable grammar practices, and thus are able to appeal to you. That would be how I imagine it, anyway.

By observing your username and avatar, it is quite clear you are more of a "nerd" than I. If you believe my issue with that podcast was about an incredibly irrelevant Star Wars character and a far more irrelevant Star Wars fanboy, you are quite mistaken. My issue was that the three presenters came off as immature and almost as insecure as the person they were talking about--it was almost like a middle school fall-out.

So, before you make anymore assumptions, I'll simplify the above by noting that that podcast (with its flaws and lack of personality) was undesirable to me. It may appeal to you (someone of a super hero persuasion) as roaming music for your raids on the crime-ladden streets of Gotham, but I enjoy podcasts that do not resemble the ramblings of spiteful tweens."

#21 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Awww this is pure awesomeness

#22 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
minus_273 said:
"Wow, you do realize that the whole thing was a setup to make fun of internet drama queens right? GFW is hands down the most intelligent gaming podcast out there.  It often "devolves"  into discussions of books and what everyone is reading."
Sounds like a fan scorned, if I may be so bold. Discussing what everyone is reading at home as if it were some grand feat seems fitting for a gaming podcast, surely. Perhaps it would be a bit more fitting for them to start a spin-off podcast focusing on Kindle? I am ecstatic to hear that they read at home and that you love to hear them speak about the time they spend alone reading. If that sounds as sarcastic as it's meant to, hopefully you understand what this paragraph means.

You will take notice that, above, I never once questioned the intellectual merits of the chivalrous chaps on the podcast as you've insinuated--I only made it clear that they simply didn't appeal to me whatsoever, and I apologize if that is something you cannot accept.

As I said before: I may listen in at some point in the future, but queuing up a stack of podcasts to get through is not on my agenda.

I'm still not sure why you "can't believe" I responded to Adam_West in the way I did. I simply typed a brief retort exemplifying why one should avoid making a gross simplification of a fellow poster from the simple fact they did not enjoy a podcast.