The greatest developer of all time is...

• 88 results
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By natetodamax
giyanks22 said:
""
lolwut?

I select "None Of The Above"
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Probably Valve, but you are missing a lot. I would also pick Nintendo for their past. In fact, that is probably who I would vote for, but too late. Sorry

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

From that list, I personally choose Capcom.

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ParrapatehRappa

One question.

Why the fuck did you put Bungie as an option?

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By giyanks22
RHCPfan24 said:
"Probably Valve, but you are missing a lot. I would also pick Nintendo for their past. In fact, that is probably who I would vote for, but too late. Sorry
"
Who am i missing???
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24
giyanks22 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Probably Valve, but you are missing a lot. I would also pick Nintendo for their past. In fact, that is probably who I would vote for, but too late. Sorry
"
Who am i missing???
"
Rockstar. Infinity Ward. Any EA studio (preferably Redwood Shores). Insomniac. Square Enix. Even Suda 51 for those crazy people. The list goes on and on...
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
RHCPfan24 said:
"giyanks22 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"
Who am i missing???
"
Rockstar. Infinity Ward. Any EA studio (preferably Redwood Shores). Insomniac. Square Enix. Even Suda 51 for those crazy people. The list goes on and on...
"
Squeenix has done fuck all worth noting since they merged with Enix. They were likely one of the best when they were Square Soft however.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

I dunno. I really don't. From that list probably Bioware, but Naughty Dog, Atlus, Team ICO, Pyramid (I believe they made Patapon and LocoRoco), Capcom, and Valve all have a place in my heart.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Whisperkill
RHCPfan24 said:
"giyanks22 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"
Who am i missing???
"
"
None of those are quite as old or as legendary as the ones in the poll, besides sqaure
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
Whisperkill said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"giyanks22 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"
Who am i missing???
"
"
None of those are quite as old or as legendary as the ones in the poll, besides sqaure
"
As much as I love these two, Bioware and Bungie are not any more important than Rockstar. That's my opinion, but there is a lot of backing behind that developer.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Of all time has to be Nintendo. While right now they're not necessarily producing their best stuff, you can't deny that over "all time" they've produced allot of the most iconic and most influential games ever.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Sunjammer

What a terrible poll.

Looking Glass/Irrational, Lucasarts, Bullfrog... Games have been around for longer than the past 8 years.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Milkman

Rockstar is the answer.

ParrapatehRappa said:

"One question.

"

Because they created the most revolutionary FPS of all-time? Pretty much every console first person shooter that was released after Halo was influenced by Halo's control scheme. Hell, Bungie pretty much invented the modern console FPS. Look, I get it. You don't like Halo because the kids on the football team like it and you can't be seen enjoying the same thing as them. But if you can't recognize the importance of Halo, then you're an idiot.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Hey where is Atlus?????

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Valve and Capcom are my picks from that list.

ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
Milkman said:
"Rockstar is the answer.

ParrapatehRappa said:
"One question.

"

Because they created the most revolutionary FPS of all-time? Pretty much every console first person shooter that was released after Halo was influenced by Halo's control scheme. Hell, Bungie pretty much invented the modern console FPS. Look, I get it. You don't like Halo because the kids on the football team like it and you can't be seen enjoying the same thing as them. But if you can't recognize the importance of Halo, then you're an idiot.
"
You're pretty stupid for assuming I disliked Halo. By the way, they created a good FPS, not "the most revolutionary FPS of all time", if you honestly think that, then you really have to play more FPS Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and the Half-Life series come to mind. I've been a fan of the Halo series since Halo: CE, and while Bungie did make 1, 2, and 3 at least half decent games, they are no where near "revolutionary" standards.  XD You're quite the ass hat Milkman. I question Bungie as being one of the best game developers of all time, and you get all pissy and mad at me for it. Are you really that big of a Halo fanboy? It seems quite apparent.

Next time, you should think before you type. The people at Bungie are good developers, but there's no way in hell they come off to be one of the best devs of all time. I can't believe how stupid you are for getting so mad at my comment.  OMGZ HALO IS THE BEST FPS EVAR!!!!!1!!!

You stupid fuck. I haven't played Halo 3 in months, and I bet I'm still just as good as I was when I stopped playing. The only credit I will give you is in regards to the controls, but even then, the only credit they get is making it so there's lots of options for the control scheme Bumper Jumper ftw.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Systech

I don't know why so many people picked Valve. Nintendo created Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and other fantastic franchises that have held their ground since the 80's.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo

I chose Blizzard simply because they got me into hardcore gaming. Valve and Blizzard are a close call, I love games from both developers. Everyone else on that list do not compete!

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Black Isle Studios RIP.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Milkman
ParrapatehRappa said:
"Milkman said:
"Rockstar is the answer.

ParrapatehRappa said:
"One question.

"

"
You're pretty stupid for assuming I disliked Halo. By the way, they created a good FPS, not "the most revolutionary FPS of all time", if you honestly think that, then you really have to play more FPS Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and the Half-Life series come to mind. I've been a fan of the Halo series since Halo: CE, and while Bungie did make 1, 2, and 3 at least half decent games, they are no where near "revolutionary" standards.  XD You're quite the ass hat Milkman. I question Bungie as being one of the best game developers of all time, and you get all pissy and mad at me for it. Are you really that big of a Halo fanboy? It seems quite apparent.

Next time, you should think before you type. The people at Bungie are good developers, but there's no way in hell they come off to be one of the best devs of all time. I can't believe how stupid you are for getting so mad at my comment.  OMGZ HALO IS THE BEST FPS EVAR!!!!!1!!!

You stupid fuck. I haven't played Halo 3 in months, and I bet I'm still just as good as I was when I stopped playing. The only credit I will give you is in regards to the controls, but even then, the only credit they get is making it so there's lots of options for the control scheme Bumper Jumper ftw.
"
I love how you take breaks in between your sentences to stroke your e-penis. "And let me tell you something...(Oh, man. I'm gonna get this guy so good. I'm so awesome.)" Calm down there, kid. BUT ANYWAYS, you're really going to sit there and tell me that Halo is not a revolutionary game. I dare you to name one FPS that controlled like Halo before it was released. Sure, there were some great FPSes on consoles but Bungie perfected it in a way no one else could. Every FPS released on consoles after Halo pretty much just copied and pasted Halo's control scheme. Hell, even Halo 2 was revolutionary in a way. The matchmaking system established by Halo 2 was the most functional and easy to use matchmaking system seen on consoles. So, no, I'm not a Halo fanboy. And no, I don't think "OMGZ HALO IS THE BEST FPS EVAR!!!!!1!!!" But I do know Halo is an extrmely important game in video game history and that it deserves respect.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bonesofwar

Grasshopper Manufacture.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kmdrkul
ParrapatehRappa said:
"One question.

"
Because the Halo series is fantastic.  And more importantly because their dev support is THE best out there.  I know the same cannot be said for it's community, but Bungie sure knows how to keep the updates rolling and the fans happy. 

As for you and the other shmuck calling each other names: really now? 

EDIT: I'd like to just make it known that I am quite fond of Criterion at the moment, for the same reasons as I am fond of Bungie.  Also, Firaxis rocks.

ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
Milkman said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"Milkman said:
"Rockstar is the answer.

ParrapatehRappa said:
"One question.

"

"

"
I love how you take breaks in between your sentences to stroke your e-penis. "And let me tell you something...(Oh, man. I'm gonna get this guy so good. I'm so awesome.)" Calm down there, kid. BUT ANYWAYS, you're really going to sit there and tell me that Halo is not a revolutionary game. I dare you to name one FPS that controlled like Halo before it was released. Sure, there were some great FPSes on consoles but Bungie perfected it in a way no one else could. Every FPS released on consoles after Halo pretty much just copied and pasted Halo's control scheme. Hell, even Halo 2 was revolutionary in a way. The matchmaking system established by Halo 2 was the most functional and easy to use matchmaking system seen on consoles. So, no, I'm not a Halo fanboy. And no, I don't think "OMGZ HALO IS THE BEST FPS EVAR!!!!!1!!!" But I do know Halo is an extrmely important game in video game history and that it deserves respect.
"
Ya, matchmaking was good by the time they rolled Halo 3 out. Halo 2's matchmaking was terrible. That game was what popularized stand-by and bridging host and all that crap we experience in Gears 2 today. You dare me to name one FPS that controlled better? Okay, The Dreamcast version of Half-Life. There. I named one game that controlled better than Halo: CE, 2, or 3 did on their consoles. Bungie perfected nothing. They just popularized it, that's it, that's all.

And watch who you're calling kid, Mr. "But if you can't recognize the importance of Halo, then you're an idiot."  You're acting like a child for getting all uppity for me QUESTIONING why the OP put Bungie as an option. I never once said anything bad. Dumb ass.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Milkman
ParrapatehRappa said:
"Milkman said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"Milkman said:
"Rockstar is the answer.

ParrapatehRappa said:
"One question.

"

"

"
"
Ya, matchmaking was good by the time they rolled Halo 3 out. Halo 2's matchmaking was terrible. That game was what popularized stand-by and bridging host and all that crap we experience in Gears 2 today. You dare me to name one FPS that controlled better? Okay, The Dreamcast version of Half-Life. There. I named one game that controlled better than Halo: CE, 2, or 3 did on their consoles. Bungie perfected nothing. They just popularized it, that's it, that's all.

And watch who you're calling kid, Mr. "But if you can't recognize the importance of Halo, then you're an idiot."  You're acting like a child for getting all uppity for me QUESTIONING why the OP put Bungie as an option. I never once said anything bad. Dumb ass.
"
Uh...well, I was kind of looking for a game that was actually released legally. But it really doesn't matter. Because you didn't answer the question. I asked you to name a game that controlled like Halo. Not a game that controlled better. If you think Half-Life for the Dreamcast controlled better, then sure, that's your opinion. This argument isn't about what game is better than the other. It's about which game is more important and revolutionary. And if you think that the Dreamcast port of Half-Life is a more important game than Halo, then you're just wrong.
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
Milkman said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"Milkman said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"Milkman said:
"Rockstar is the answer.

ParrapatehRappa said:
"One question.

"

"

"
"

"
Uh...well, I was kind of looking for a game that was actually released legally. But it really doesn't matter. Because you didn't answer the question. I asked you to name a game that controlled like Halo. Not a game that controlled better. If you think Half-Life for the Dreamcast controlled better, then sure, that's your opinion. This argument isn't about what game is better than the other. It's about which game is more important and revolutionary. And if you think that the Dreamcast port of Half-Life is a more important game than Halo, then you're just wrong.
"
So you want me to name a game that controlled like Halo, not one that controlled better? Pfff, that's a crock of shit. I never said that Half-Life on Dreamcast was more important than Halo, but the Half-Life series in general trumps the Halo series easily, no questions asked. As for a game controlling like Halo, then all I can say is that there is none, but only in  a sense that the Halo series offered much more variation in controls, that's what makes it good. The default control scheme is shit, what kind of game makes it so you can't melee and jump? Halo does. That is until Bumper Jumper was brought into the light. All I can do is thank Bungie for being smart and putting that as an option.

Anyhow. It was nice arguing with you Milkman, perhaps we'll meet up in Halo 3 one day after I get my 360 back from repair.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I went Nintendo.

There just isn't any contest, really. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Karmum

None of the above, what a terrible list. Not all of the choices are bad, but come on, Bungie? Get rid of like Bungie, and put in like Konami. Maybe not Konami, but somebody good, please.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Diamond

Capcom is, absolutely.  Valve has only developed a few games and has been around for a much shorter time.

I was saying stuff like 'Capcom is my favorite game company' back in the 80's!  They're still pumping out HUGE titles that I get really excited about.  No other company comes close.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Milkman
Karmum said:
"None of the above, what a terrible list. Not all of the choices are bad, but come on, Bungie? Get rid of like Bungie, and put in like Konami. Maybe not Konami, but somebody good, please.
"
You're a bit late for that argument...
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karmum
Milkman said:
"Karmum said:
"None of the above, what a terrible list. Not all of the choices are bad, but come on, Bungie? Get rid of like Bungie, and put in like Konami. Maybe not Konami, but somebody good, please.
"
You're a bit late for that argument...
"
Late? The topic is not even two hours old. However, perhaps I should change "but somebody good" into, "more deserving." I'm not a personal fan of Bungie, but they know how to make gamers delusional and assume they have created this masterpiece of a game, and have revolutionized the idea of first-person shooters.
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PowerSerj

My vote went to Nintendo. Like others have said, it's really no contest. If you take into all the account quality IP (not to mention all the lasting IP) and game sales, Nintendo has the 1-up over every other developer.

BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BODDAH

Is there any conteset? Nintendo of course. Any other choice would be like saying Led Zeppelin was better than Chopin. They're all good in their own right of course, but come on, Nintendo's Nintendo.

Gnat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gnat

pretty bad selection

LoZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LoZone

none of the above,  without a doubt its Hideo Kojima father of the greatest series in gaming history,  METAL GEAR SOLID.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By grilledcheez
Karmum said:
"Not all of the choices are bad, but come on, Bungie? Get rid of like Bungie"
Bungie is fine.  They continually put out high quality games that get high scores and sell many copies.  Whether you like it or not, Halo 2 was the best online console shooter of it's gen and Halo 3 is up there this gen.  Halo 3 is esentially lag free and there are basically no glitches I have ever encountered online.  It takes a hell of a developer to pull that off...a lot of people used to say Epic was one of the better devs and look at Gears 2..the online is plagued by glitches, exploits, and lag. 
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RetroIce4

I said Nintendo because they have been in the game for a long time. Also produce great games. They keep it the same but make it modern.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TomA

I voted Bungie fo sho.

Valve makes fun games but Bungie has THE greatest community of any developer out there,that and they're games trump most of Valve's catalog anyway.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TomA
Karmum said:
"
Bungie is the bomb STFO
Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lunarbunny

My vote is obvious and biased.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By BoG

It is Keita Takahashi for being boundlessly brilliant and unfathomably creative.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42  Edited By JonathanMoore

S'gotta be Capcom. No doubt.

-- God Bless.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Valve?

I like their stuff, but they've made like 4 games.
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#44  Edited By Hector

The BIG N for sure!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hamz

Valve, hands down.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46  Edited By Black_Rose

If you count all their smaller studios like Intelligent System, Monolith and NST then Nintendo.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kohe321

I pretty much agree with it being either A or B.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By EvilDingo

Wouldn't Konami also belong on that list?

Don't know if I personally would vote for them, but it's pretty much one of the big ones
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Maxis.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By atejas

ID SOFTWARE, DO YOU SPEAK IT!??
I chose Valve because they're the closest thing.

Oh, and there's no Black Isle, Konami or Squaresoft(not Sque-enix) on there either.
And Bungie is.