• 78 results
#51 Edited by RobotSquad (213 posts) -

I enjoyed reading this. I have nothing witty to say, just that.

#52 Edited by CodeFire (183 posts) -

Keep forgetting about Elysium. I am also really interested to see how that one turns out. Loved District 9.

I also predict Lone Ranger will be the John Carter of this year.

Yeah, I can't wait to watch Elysium!

#53 Posted by RoyaleWifCheese (546 posts) -

Alex's questions were seriously wounded, but the souls still burned.

#54 Posted by Encephalon (1242 posts) -

Bad Boys II defends itself.

#55 Posted by Generiko (445 posts) -

I guess Here comes the pain, Shut your Mouth and RAW 2 are the closest to the WWE rpgs now

#56 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1198 posts) -

One form of exclusivity has got to go — pre-order store exclusive DLC. Look at Injustice for the pure absurdity of it all. There was a separate crop of exclusive DLC costumes for Walmart, Gamestop, and Best Buy. These codes are selling for like 35-40 dollars online. For codes. For costumes.

I'm okay with store exclusive bonuses, but like, not like this. I hate that no game can be "complete" now because of all of these wrenches through into a mix, virtually making it impossible for someone to have all items in a game now.

#57 Posted by Mezmero (1867 posts) -

I only clicked on this story for the mailbox kitty. Awwwww mailbox kitty.

#58 Posted by MormonWarrior (2569 posts) -

Hey Alex do you still do movie reviews/impressions/whatever anywhere like on a blog or something? I miss your well-written and interesting Screened reviews.

#59 Edited by Draxyle (1829 posts) -

One form of exclusivity has got to go — pre-order store exclusive DLC. Look at Injustice for the pure absurdity of it all. There was a separate crop of exclusive DLC costumes for Walmart, Gamestop, and Best Buy. These codes are selling for like 35-40 dollars online. For codes. For costumes.

I'm okay with store exclusive bonuses, but like, not like this. I hate that no game can be "complete" now because of all of these wrenches through into a mix, virtually making it impossible for someone to have all items in a game now.

Yea, that whole concept has become an incomprehensible, bloated mess, and I really hate the way it's presenting our medium.

You don't go to one movie theater and see Gandalf in a suit and tie and then go into another movie theater to see Gandalf wearing a mascot uniform. That's just absurd, and that's kind of what these publishers and retailers are doing. Even if it's trivial, cosmetic stuff, it goes against the notion of a complete and unified experience that we should be expecting from our purchases.

That might be a floodgate we can never close at this point though. The fluid and dynamic nature of most videogames just leaves too much room for abuse.

#60 Edited by DeF (4855 posts) -

@alex: Hm weird. All NPD reports/lists I saw said 67k and only Pachter's estimates from last week kept saying "expecting" 55k. Someone should build a facts-machine that only ever spews out indisputable facts whenever you need 'em.

#62 Edited by Zevvion (1858 posts) -

@zevvion said:

The possible loss of cool exclusives worries me. On the one hand it's great because I only will need one console really, as most if not all DLC deals are just timed exclusives. On the other... I kind of like having all systems in my house. Makes me feel total nerd. In a good way.

Love supporting great games no matter where they are. I like the idea of 'needing' different types of systems for certain games. It makes me appreciate (or dislike) all the features the systems have.

I like a little diversity with how I play games, is what I'm saying I guess.

There's something to be said for that, I think. Personally though, I'm ready to be done with it. I've long since given up on playing Nintendo games because of platform exclusivity. It just gets too costly to justify owning every platform. I'd prefer to do 90% of my gaming on my PC from here on out, if I can.

And yeah, of course I said "impracticably" in my question. That is something I would do...

Yeah, there isn't allot of reasons I can name to justify it. It does make good business sense to say: this awesome game you want to play? You can only get it here.

But in the end I just like messing around with different types of hardware. I like the look of all the different machines under my TV. I like going into a weekend with a fully stocked fridge, not needing to do anything until monday and jumping back and forth from console to PC to other console to handheld to phone etc. That whole cycle just has something cool that I dig.

Not really sure how to explain it properly.

#63 Posted by AssInAss (2615 posts) -
#64 Edited by Lelcar (607 posts) -

More of this! Giant Bomb needs more Alex Navarro! Please make more Bombasticas, Alex! Or skype in on some Bombcasts!

#65 Edited by Deadmanforking (575 posts) -

Bad Boys II was a great movie!!

#66 Edited by Klager (130 posts) -
#67 Posted by SpencerBoltz (85 posts) -

Turns out, Alex is really good at answering questions! I'm glad to see a return to the classic format that made me Navarro fan in the first place! More please.

#68 Edited by dropabombonit (1490 posts) -

There were some great questions and responses in the article. I must make sure to ask questions the next time you do this Alex

#69 Edited by Armoes (64 posts) -

> Murphy! It's you!

#70 Posted by Chris2KLee (2333 posts) -

I will stand by you and defend Bad Boys 2 any day Alex.

#71 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

I will stand by you and defend Bad Boys 2 any day Alex.

I wasn't even aware that it requires defending. Who hates Bad Boys 2?

#72 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

Dude these articles remind me why the written word can sometimes be more powerful than video features. I feel that Alex's writing is one of the things that keeps giantbomb a classy outlet. Best writer on the staff by a mile! (not saying anyone else is a slouch).

True, they just don't write.

#73 Posted by probablytuna (3610 posts) -

Emails are great and all, but I'm more interested in the topics you like to write/comment on. That being said, I totally understand why you didn't have one for this week. I look forward to your column next week!

#74 Posted by sondunmurkedu (13 posts) -

Hot cat ass.

#75 Posted by HellknightLeon (464 posts) -

Of all of this... One thing sticks out... What the fuck! I love Bad Boys 2... I think most people do. Oh, maybe its because of the fact that "people" that didn't like the movie I stay away from... or burn.

#76 Edited by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Fascinating article Alex, would like to see more things like this to see some of the Giant Bomb crew's individual thoughts on some gaming questions outside the bombcast.

#77 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

I came for the hot cat booty.

#79 Edited by SatelliteOfLove (1369 posts) -

2) I'm not going to pretend I have inside information on how one company or another does business, because I most certainly do not. I do know that when a multinational corporation is having tough times, it's often easier for those at home to blame those who aren't there, versus those that are sitting right in front of them. Maybe the blame is being assigned properly, and maybe it's just some epic-level buck-passing. Again, I really don't know, but I have my own theories.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the secret company described here is indeed Squeenix! The entirety of Eidos is one giant Sakaguchi/Matsuno!

And what's on the horizon? Killzone? Tearaway?

Looking outside of Japan is mistake. It's been proven time and time again that handheld development is strongest in Japan! Now then, for the Vita we look overseas to...and...oh.

#81 Posted by jiggajoe14 (665 posts) -

Oh lordy the nostalgia. Hopefully nutjob of the week makes a comeback as well.