#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Why is this not happening? I know there is already a PS2 version but I don't see why they aren't making a game to tie into the movies. Hell, even a Lego game would be awesome.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

I really liked that Hobbit game that came out in 2003.

#3 Posted by jackbugs (26 posts) -

Lego does have the Hobbit brand (Hobbit lego sets are out most places i think?). Am guessing a Lego Hobbit game, or two, is inevitable. They've got the LOTR Lego game out to tie in with the new Middle Earth movie.

But on top of that, I'd say just leave it alone. No one needs more mediocre games based on classic properties. I mean what would you want? Open world first person? Third person action? Side scroller? (wait... that, and/or point and click adventure.... hmmm....)

#4 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@jackbugs

Lego does have the Hobbit brand (Hobbit lego sets are out most places i think?). Am guessing a Lego Hobbit game, or two, is inevitable. They've got the LOTR Lego game out to tie in with the new Middle Earth movie.

But on top of that, I'd say just leave it alone. No one needs more mediocre games based on classic properties. I mean what would you want? Open world first person? Third person action? Side scroller? (wait... that, and/or point and click adventure.... hmmm....)

Telltale should make a point and click hobbit game! :D
#5 Posted by jackbugs (26 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba: Was actually the first thing that popped into my mind when i read your post. Just something with a different flavour. Anything but a bland third person hack and slash. Then I think there'd be some room to do something pretty neat.

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

If they were to make a movie tie-in game based on the new Hobbit movie I'm almost 100% positive that it would be garbage.  
There hasn't been any good movie tie-in games in the past 25 years so I don't see how this could break that cycle. 

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11917 posts) -
#8 Posted by jackbugs (26 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Here you go.

Absolutely. And I'd still rather play through a series of snapshots taken from the film, if they could at least give it some clever trappings, than some goofy half assed actioner.

#9 Posted by Salarn (465 posts) -

@BeachThunder: I've still got my copy