The last Mario game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

With the news that The long running TV show "The Simpsons" is possibly going to be ending after 23 seasons over a whole mess if time has got me thinking. The Mario franchise has to end eventually, I'm certain that it will be around for decades and decades more but sooner or later people are going to say "And why am I playing as this fat Italian dude."

So what would you want the last Mario game to be and feature?

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fini_fly

Preferable not something stupid like him playing tennis.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

Never.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

No. The difference is that they put out a Mario game or two per year (at least when talking about platforming one), as opposed to having to write 20-ish episodes per season.

Also, Nintendo isn't evil-greedy like Fox. Just regular greedy.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Mario is not going away, baby.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

@MooseyMcMan: So are you saying that in 600 years time Mario games will still be made?

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By icicle7x3
@Hizang said:

@MooseyMcMan: So are you saying that in 600 years time Mario games will still be made?

Yup, New New New New New New New New New New Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 4 still isnt out though.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Hizang: Yes. So long as Nintendo is in existence, there will be Mario games. And Nintendo never dies.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By alternate

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Hizang: Yes. So long as Nintendo is in existence, there will be Mario games. And Nintendo never dies.

Even if they went bankrupt the brands would be sold off to someone else. Probably Level5-S-E (the company formed when Level 5 buy Square-Enix in 2015).

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By laserbolts
@fini_fly

While I agree that he shouldn't go out playing tennis I have to say that Mario tennis for the 64 was a damn good game.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead

After all the innovations Nintendo have created for the franchise, I'd like to see him go back to his roots of running in a straight line, collecting trinkets and entertaining creepy manchildren to no end.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fini_fly

@laserbolts said:

@fini_fly

While I agree that he shouldn't go out playing tennis I have to say that Mario tennis for the 64 was a damn good game.

I never played it but I'll take your word for it. He has done many things over the years...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#13  Edited By BeachThunder

Wait, Simpsons is ending? Actually, never mind, I don't really care, I haven't watched it for years D:

Also, they should have stopped making Mario games decades ago.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RobertOrri

@OllyOxenFree said:

Mario is not going away, baby.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@MooseyMcMan said:

No. The difference is that they put out a Mario game or two per year (at least when talking about platforming one), as opposed to having to write 20-ish episodes per season.

Are you kidding, they milk EVERYTHING dry. The reason so many people are tired of Nintendo is because they so rarely come up with original content, and even when they do they do it with existing franchises. Mario has been able to stay fresh for a while, but it can't continues forever. The only reason it's still a good franchise is because it gets all the creativity while everything else gets minor changes and has to just keep on trekkin.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By swoxx

Mass Effect: Mario's adventures in space

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By memo

The champ is never going away.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Are you kidding, they milk EVERYTHING dry. The reason so many people are tired of Nintendo is because they so rarely come up with original content, and even when they do they do it with existing franchises. Mario has been able to stay fresh for a while, but it can't continues forever. The only reason it's still a good franchise is because it gets all the creativity while everything else gets minor changes and has to just keep on trekkin.

Creativity has nothing to do with it. It's all about SALES. Stuff with the Mario name sells. So long as the games aren't terrible, they'll keep selling.

Also, people aren't tired of Nintendo, the problem is that quality Wii games are few and far between because most of the good third party content is put on the 360, PS3, and PC, and Nintendo takes its sweet time with the good ones.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@MooseyMcMan: We're talking about greed, which is doing bad things to benefit yourself. Nintendo does that. Remember the Wii, where they mostly forgot about the audience that made them? Remember all the numbers they boasted of because of bundled deals and all that shit? Yeah, the sell well, and some of em are good, but I'd say it's greedier to keep doing what works even if it just results in the same shit every time with minor upgrades and changes and bits of creativity than to take a risk and start something new every once in a while. Greed isn't "how much sales" it's what you do to get those sales.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@MordeaniisChaos: Eh. That's capitalism. So long as we get great Mario/Zelda/Metroid/[insert other franchises here] games every couple of years, I'm happy.

I'm perfectly content with buying one or two Wii games a year. I'm perfectly content with Nintendo putting out "the same shit every time with minor upgrades and changes and bits of creativity." I'd rather that than have them change everything and have it suck. There's a reason why Mario games are still about Mario jumping on stuff. Jumping on stuff is fun. If Nintendo has to put out tons of crap to fund stuff like that, I'm fine with it.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Grumbel
@Hizang said:

The Mario franchise has to end eventually,

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look at Mickey Mouse, that  franchise has been around since 1928 and new Mickey Mouse stuff is still coming out, like Epic Mickey for example. Mario isn't quite that old yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a similar staying power. So as long as there are video games, I would expect to see Mario in there somewhere. If it ever really gets its last release, it will be probably something really shitty, as with all franchises, they'll run out of good things to do with the franchise long before they run out of ways to milk it for some more money.
pizzafreak360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pizzafreak360

Sesame Street is in its 41st season and show no signs of stopping.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By crusader8463

As long as Nintendo as a company is around there will always be a Mario game.