• 102 results
cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By cooljammer00

Dug the interview with my new favorite Whiskey Media employee, Ana.

indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By indian_boy

I was extremely excited for the reactions to this release, and I must say, it's been awesome. 
Thank you, everybody, for your support. Glad to see the general response is 'positive' - to say the least. 

To anybody asking the 'whys' and 'why nots' about the layout choices: 
by making the 2-page spread, the design team had much more independence and freedom as to how to make things look pretty. In the previous issues, the real estate [lack thereof] was one of the main concerns. 
This is only the first "2-page-spread" issue, and so much improving lies ahead. I'll be looking into how to make the improved experience more universal, and less irritating to deal with in future [both from our end, and yours]. 

Cheers! 
And thanks again!

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FunExplosions

Holy shit

John-Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By John-Luke

Christ, you guys work too hard on this, it's really phenomenal. I ended up printing the entire thing out this morning at my school's library, so it looks great and they're out of ink. The Community Spotlight stuff was especially good but I have yet to get through it all. Thanks!

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@Crunchman said:
" Christ, you guys work too hard on this, it's really phenomenal. I ended up printing the entire thing out this morning at my school's library, so it looks great and they're out of ink. The Community Spotlight stuff was especially good but I have yet to get through it all. Thanks! "
Pictures.
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By trulyalive
@Diamond:
Yo duderino. 
Just out of curiosity, what didn't you agree on with the Guardian of Light review? Just had a differing opinion on the game as a whole or did I entirely fuck up in the review somewhere? ^_^;
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By Diamond
@Bo17:  No, I just really like Guardian of Light.  I agree with at least some of your points (your review is less fresh in my mind now), but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

@GoranP:  I was more worried that my questions might be a bit too direct.  "How much money do you make?" (that wasn't one of my questions, but close enough)
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By armaan8014

I'm such a hole. I've downloaded all but not read even one issue yet cuz I'm so lazy :/  I feel left out T__T

EDIT: Just went through this. Awesome.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59  Edited By trulyalive
@Diamond:
Aaaaah, right. I really enjoyed it up to a point but then I just didn't feel especially inclined to play anymore. 
It's weird, though because the week after I submitted the review, I kept on popping back in for 5-10 minutes at a time and really toyed with the idea of changing the score but after re-reading the article I had written, I decided that the things that bugged me still kinda bugged me and I still wasn't especially invested in the game. 
But hey, that's just me. Good to know someone else liked it  (because everyone I know hates it despite having never played it -_-; )
George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By George_Hukas

Man Luchazine is always top notch quality.. it keeps getting better. Keep it up, guys

CFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CFB
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Crunchman said:
" Christ, you guys work too hard on this, it's really phenomenal. I ended up printing the entire thing out this morning at my school's library, so it looks great and they're out of ink. The Community Spotlight stuff was especially good but I have yet to get through it all. Thanks! "
Pictures. "
uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By uberexplodey

Fuck yeah, design team. We make things pretty. \m/ 

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#63  Edited By Sin4profit

I should really DL this and read it on my Kindle sometime...just cause i can! wee!  nice work from the look of it and OH SHIT! Halo dude is rockin my kitty in a cowboy hat that i dub Halo Kitty.  

@Turbo_Toaster:  ah, that's you're work...Halo Kitty and i applaud you.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By bacongames

I never get if we're supposed to have finished articles or article ideas/frameworks in time for applications.  As a result I freak out and worry every time.  I also do that because I think I'm too late.  In case Goran can't tell you already from the torrent of PM's I send him, I really want to be in the magazine.

As far as this one goes this magazine aesthetically blows all others before it out of the water.  A really amazing job that deserves so much praise.  The writing is as writing does.  For topics I care about, I find the articles top notch.  However the variety means certain material is only for certain readers.  However I didn't feel the "RAGE!" article was kind of a dud.  It wasn't coherent enough and I didn't really care what was being said.  Also I felt the "defending your game" piece was possible a page too long.  Other than that I think this issue is brilliant (and remember all those are in the name of constructive criticism).

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#65  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@Crunchman said:
Bless you!
Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By killroycantkill

Everytime I read an issue I want to be apart of it SO BAD. Got to think of something to write about though.

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#67  Edited By coonce

this is one of the most amazing things i have ever seen! more pls! MORE!

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@cookiesforbreakfast said:
" @LordXavierBritish said:
" @Crunchman said:
Pictures. "
"
I third this. 

@Sin4profit: Halo Kitty is the best! 

@coonce said:
" this is one of the most amazing things i have ever seen! more pls! MORE! "
Glad you like it! :P  And don't worry, we are already working on more awesome stuff!
renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By renmckormack
@Tuffgong: In defense of the Mag, Goran felt my defending your game was one million pages too long.  I just love me some Jack Slate and dogs.  
mooog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mooog

Incredibly awesome!

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By commandercup

I haven't had time to read it yet, but it looks freaking incredible. I'd love to write something for the luchazine, so I'll be looking for that recruitment thread!

pepsicolagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By pepsicolagirl
@Tuffgong:  I wrote that article with an obvious intent to make it nonsensical and absurd, but  I know my sense of humor is not for everyone. That you weren't able to understand it is a shame, but thanks for sharing your thought's anyway :)  

To the design team - you've done an amazing job, well done.
CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73  Edited By CountRockula
@Crunchman: oh man, that is totally my playstation plus breakdown on an actual physical piece of paper!  that is too awesome for words.

Big ups to the design team for their work on this issue, and especially cookiesforbreakfast for what he did with the PS+ breakdown.  I think people have brought the idea up before, but this really is the first time I would actually consider paying money for a physical copy of the luchazine.  Everything just looks great.
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Crunchman: That quality is a lot better than I expected. Nice!
joshameek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By joshameek

You guys do this?  I didn't know you guys did this. 

This kicks ass!

indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By indian_boy
@Crunchman: holy bejesus nice. glad you liked it enough to go through all that paper and ink lol. 
the pages look great in print, at least on screen. how's the legibility / colours etc in print? I just want to make sure that people who're looking to print will get as great an experience as possible. 
Any feedback you provide will help me create additional guidelines, if needed, for the design team. 

@coonce:  haha, thanks for the love. As always, The Luchazine will continue to improve itself with every issue. You might wanna sit down for when you see Issue 05. And get a pacemaker. =D Just in case.  

Cheers guys, and thanks - again - for the support.       
adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By adziboy

Wow. I am extremely impressed with this. I thought I'd check this out, not expecting much, but this is amazing. Props to the guy who designed all these pages... stunning. I so wanna do a front cover :) 

In fact, I'm so impressed, I'm gonna print off the front covers and turn them into a poster.

bigcess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78  Edited By bigcess

This is the most professional looking fan internet magazine I have ever read.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you that would like to support The Luchazine even more, feel free to vote us up on your favorite social news site, ranging from Digg, GameGrep, n4g (and another n4g), and reddit

We're already hard at work on issue 5!

joshleedotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By joshleedotcom

Great read. Can't wait for issue 5.

Unlogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Unlogik

As an editorial / communication designer of 6 years I have to give it up to you guys. It's a lot of work putting together something like this, especially in the coordinating of everything.   

If you guys ever need help with design / art direction or stupid PDF problems — drop me a line! I'm more than willing to help!  Take a look at my, really old — mostly school, work here http://unlogik.com/cody/ 

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deckard

Rockin

OJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By OJ

Good work guys, maybe you should make an app so it's easier to read on the go? I'd pay a few bucks for that

indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By indian_boy
@Unlogik:   thanks for the kind words. It's a difficult road, but the end results are great. Also, if you're looking to join the art/design team, feel free to give GoranP and me a shout via PM.  

@Deckard:   ty ty.

@OJ: Thanks. Also, Scribd should allow you to read it on your mobile products - no?
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#85  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I haven't read this issue yet but I'm sure the writing will be just as good as in previous issues. Just at first glance through it's great to see so many recognisable Giant Bomb community names contributing and the graphics in this magazine are outstanding, this magazine looks a lot better than most professionally produced gaming magazines.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#86  Edited By themoon13
@OJ:  You can check it out on your smartphone via Scribd :)
@Crunchman:  Sexy!
@coonce: More is coming!

And again, a big thank you to all of the readers.
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just came to this forum and saw that this thread had exactly 4,000 views. Nice!

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#89  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

That is reall cool. 
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By OmegaPirate

Only just got my internet back up this week and was searching around to find the issue that was released while i had no internet! Fantastic work guys and gals, it continues to get better and better every issue :D

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Azteck

This thing looks better than most, if not all, magazines out there. Pro shit, bros.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By iam3green

good job on that. i didn't get to read the until i just noticed this one.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys! 

By the way, the recruitment thread has been posted. If you're interested in working for The Luchazine, check it out! There is also an important change to the release dates of future Luchazines announced in there.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By HydraHam
@Azteck said:
" This thing looks better than most, if not all, magazines out there. Pro shit, bros. "
I wouldn't go as far as saying it looks better, it defiantly looks great for a fan made internet magazine but not better then most magazines and certainly not all unless you count those shitty teeny bopper magazines but who reads those other then 12 year olds? 

Not bashing the project i think it's awesome you guys are doing it i would just love to see more people give real criticism instead of ass kissing and blowing smoke up asses, thats how you improve.
Avatar image for dapinkterrorist
DaPinkTerrorist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DaPinkTerrorist

metabolism 

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Enigma777

I miss this thing. :(

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#97  Edited By JasonR86

This thread is like a warm blanket.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#98  Edited By turboman

@Enigma777 said:

I miss this thing. :(

I don't

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I vaguely remember this.....

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By FunExplosions

Pogs were better and they lasted longer. Let's talk about Pogs instead.