• 102 results
indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By indian_boy

That’s right, The Luchazine 04 is right here, right now. Grab the high res PDF file here, or the lower res PDF here. Also, you can view an (almost perfect) embedded version of it below!

I AM REQUIRED TO WARN YOU, BY LAW:  

The contents of The Luchazine 04 have been deemed hazardously sexy. A completely revamped art-style, cover art by TurboToaster, interviews/panel discussions with industry greats, as well as amazingly written content (unlike this sentence) are what await you in this issue. Certain brand new features have also been implemented (go on, click on the article names in the Table of Contents, I dare you!) while some old ones have returned (stalk your favourite writers and artists by clicking on their names on the Contributors page). There are a bunch of obviously clickable items, but some hidden goodies too!

All in all, this issue of The Luchazine has brought about some major changes that we are extremely proud of. Let us know what you think, and how you feel about it all. Also, feel free to get your liking on via The Luchazine’s Facebook page.

I’d like to give a huge shout-out to everybody involved in the making of this issue, and would like to thank the readers for their support as well. Anybody else interested in getting involved should keep their eyes peeled on this thread and the off topic forum for when we start recruiting again.

Finally, before I leave you alone, I’d like to point you in the general direction of The Luchacast #4. That’s right, we have an “award-winning” podcast now. It has won awards you know.

We hope you thoroughly enjoy this issue and look forward to seeing your feedback!

P.S. We’ve noticed a strange glitch on the Letter from Above. Sometimes, the hyperlinked items are not clickable. If the PDF is acting up for you, you can find the two hyperlinked items here (Brian Wood Memorial Trust) and here (iTunes) respectively. Also, due to a disgusting mistake that got caught just now, the Defend Your Game article that appears in the issue is only the first draft. You can read the final version of it here. We apologize for this error and will ensure it doesn’t happen again. Also, please note that   buzz_clik is not included in the credits list because his awesome contributions came at the very last possible moment, and there was no time for the list to get edited. 

Massive props to pepsicolagirl & boy for figuring out the PDF problems. Here's the   embedded version. Note: If you're seeing white bars on the pages, hit the link to take you to Scribd, and you shouldn't see them when there. Also, if a page does not appear on your computer, hit full screen and it will be there. Its a known glitch on scribd.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

Awesome

Thanks to everyone that reads, hope you enjoy the end result of our blood, sweat, and tears. Expect more badassery next month!

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

God damn this is a friggin awesome community.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By themoon13

Edit: big props to pepsicolagirl & boy for figuring out the PDF problems. Whoooo!

This issue was a lot of hard work but a lot of fun! I'm extremely proud of it and the staff. 

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help us out with the "streaming" problem, I know many people prefer to stream rather than download.

On a side note, I just want to mention that buzz_clik is not included in the credits list because his awesome contributions came at the very last possible moment, and there was no time for the list to get edited.

Hope you guys enjoy this issue!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scarace360

Thats a real hot picture.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Downloading now, I'll let you know what I thought when I'm finished. Cover art is awesome though.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By thebeast

Great work as ever! 

Have you tried playing with your PDF export profile before uploading it to Scribd? Might be something it doesn't like there. 

Also, I'm not sure if this is deliberate but spreads are now considered a single page, which really messes with my viewer - would be much nicer if every page was an actual separate page in the PDF as it used to be, let my viewer handle the rendering.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I like how this issue says in regards to the contributors, "and they are reasonably awesome...sometimes" . I think this is a hint for all of us to start turning in our work on time! 

Oh, and as far as the Defending Your Game article goes, I believe it is only the opening sentences that are from the first draft. The rest seems to be the edited version.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The design team have done a phenomenal job on this issue. Seeing my articles presented in such a professional way is amazing. It's a pitty about the issues getting it onto Scribd or similar services (Goran and Abhishek have been up all night trying to get it to work - they're both machines!!!!) but hopefully everyone will view the awesomeness in the PDF.

BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By BackpackKat

So much awesome by my fellow staff members! Oh and that cover is amazing!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red12b

Looking good dudes! 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Red12b
@EpicSteve said:

" Awesome  Thanks to everyone that reads, hope you enjoy the end result of our blood, sweat, and tears. Expect more badassery next month! "

I'm gonna hold you to that promise. 
@scarace360
said:

" Thats a real hot picture. "

Fuck yeah it is! 

Kat Smith, Turbo_Toaster right? 

Awesome work, really fucking ace 

hot Hot HOT! 

CFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CFB

Great work everybody! I can't wait to read through this later.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MichaelBach

First time reader here. I'm very impressed with the quality you guys provided, I especially enjoyed the " I wrote this thing about 3D" article and the reviews are great. 

Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By turbo_toaster

I'm so happy I got to do a cover! (Wish I had gone more detailed and that but I digress). These guys are ridiculoso, pro work all around not to mention some serious dedication. MAD EFFING PROPS

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red12b
@Turbo_Toaster:  
It's fuckin awesome,  

Although i'd expect nothing less from the person who did this. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/  

No Caption Provided

This looks better than some print magazines, Seriously, very well done guys, love the new format. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By BraveToaster

This is cool. I really need to read all the issues.

thebooya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thebooya

You guys rock, keep killing it. Now let's see how many misquotes slipped into THIS one ;)

zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zepp

Woah. Just finished skimming through the PDF file, looks awesome! I'll have to come back and actually read it after class. I'm jealous of you guys, your dedication to this site is astounding. I wish I had more time to devote to all things GiantBomb, but alas school and work continue to comsume my life.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Finished reading this one and I continue to be impressed! The new layout is nice and tidy, and the content is great again. My favourite section was definitely the round table, you need to do more of those in the future. Some great opinions and chuckles come out of them. 

I did have an odd issue though, whenever I open it with Foxit Reader I got a weird mirrored and flipped version of it. Couldn't find a way to fix it, so I ended up downloading Adobe Acrobat and it worked fine with that. Anyone else use Foxit reader and have this issue?

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadeskye: Hell yeah it is! 

@GoranP said:
 On a side note, I just want to mention that buzz_clik is not included in the credits list because his awesome contributions came at the very last possible moment, and there was no time for the list to get edited.  
Indeed. You guys probably know buzz_click best as either the awesome photoshopper or the dude that makes all those awesome shirts for Giant Bomb/Whiskey Media. For example, the shirt that all yearly subscribers are getting!  

@MattyFTM
said:  
 Seeing my articles presented in such a professional way is amazing. 
I know! It makes me want to work even harder on my writing just to match up with the design. 

@MichaelBach said:
" First time reader here.
Hope you stick around! 

@Red12b said:
" @Turbo_Toaster:  
It's fuckin awesome,  

Although i'd expect nothing less from the person who did this. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/ "
Or the person that did all those awesome quest icons that everyone is sure to have seen at least ONE of. It makes me want to quest more just to see those beauties turn to color.
Karolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karolis
@indian_boy: try issuu.com for hosting your zine, maybe it's gonna work. Worth a try, anyways.
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lone_f: That site was giving us issues, as well.  :(  Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Red12b
@TheBooya:  
I got three shit eating grins from the round table,  

By your standards it was a good experience, and all I had to pay was zero dollars, 
love it! 
thebooya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thebooya
@Red12b: It was a ton of fun to do. Especially the making fun of Goran part - he cut most of that stuff out :)
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wefwefasdf

This is freaking awesome. Great work guys! I might have missed this, but is there a way to submit articles for approval to get into the Luchazine? 

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By matthew

Downloading now.  I expect nothing less than perfection from you guys by now.  Gotta be held to a standard, can't be slacking. 

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By aurahack

Killer work to everyone :D It's awesome to finally see the magazine find it's comfort zone. Next issue will be insaaaaaane. Extra voweeeeeeels everywheeeeeere.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" This is freaking awesome. Great work guys! I might have missed this, but is there a way to submit articles for approval to get into the Luchazine?  "
We'll be having a thread in the near future for recruitment, so stay tuned!
Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Genjai

Impressive guys! Seriously impressive!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By JJWeatherman

Turned out really well! I just hope we have a smoother experience getting this out to people next month.  :)

Robitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Robitt

Amazing work!

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheBooya said:
" @Red12b: It was a ton of fun to do. Especially the making fun of Goran part - he cut most of that stuff out :) "
Don't worry, he cuts most of that stuff out from the Luchacasts, too. 
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

There better be talking head cut outs in every issue from now on.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

This thing is starting to look extremely professional. Great work duders.

Cool to see mention of my devil may care Starcraft II play in the tourney, including an excellent screenshot of the moment when dirt realized that his Protoss cannon rush had failed because I immediately moved my base to the gold expo.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#36  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As always, I am amazed by the professional quality of this PDF, not to mention the fact that you get some (fairly) important people up for fairly intelligent discussion. Also, one of my blogs is cited as part of the Community Spotlight. Huzzah. Now I just need to get in as an actual Luchazine writer...

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Inf225
@Red12b: Corbin Dallas! Corbin Dallas! Help Meeeeee!

Lol sorry, one of my favorite movies ever!

Aziz! Light!

Sorry I'll stop now.

But yea, the Luchazine blows my mind every time! I can't believe all of the effort put into it! Great job guys!
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#38  Edited By Marino  Staff

Once again, incredible work.  The caliber of people getting interviewed seems to go up a notch every time (no disrespect intended to those in the previous issues).  By issue 10 I expect an interview with J Allard. 

Seriously though, the overall quality is top notch.  Makes me excited to be contributing to Issue 5.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By demontium

Wow, how do you guys do it?

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By MisterMouse

It is steadily increasing in quality, keep at it!

JohnRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JohnRabbit

great job; looks sharp.

will definitely be keeping an eye out for the recruitment thread.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Willy105

The new look is amazing.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MAGZine

Wow. 

It'd have to say that the luchazine really is up to press standards. I've read *far* worse material in newstand copies of mags.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Willy105
@magzine said:
" Wow.  It'd have to say that the luchazine really is up to press standards. I've read *far* worse material in newstand copies of mags. "
Tell me about. The new EGM was ridiculous.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By Diamond

The visual quality is as high as it ever need be.  This particular issue seems to be focused more on previews and reviews for specific games and the interviews, does that sound correct?  I don't agree with the Lara Croft Guardian of Light assessment but I can't really comment much on the rest.

You didn't ask my questions to the developers (which is fine), but you seemed to skirt around my questions with about every other question you asked to them.  I might appreciate some personal questions to developers if you can hit the right angle.

ColMirage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ColMirage

Getting the upside down issue with Foxit Reader as well :\

Had to resort to using Adobe Reader... god damn that thing sucks hard.

I only rushed down to the SC2 tourney, I'll read the rest when I get Foxit to stop being a jerk.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue is now embedded in the original post via Scribd, though it is still recommended you download it for the highest quality version! Props to pepsicolaboy and pepsicolagirl!

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By themoon13

Thank you to everyone for your appreciation and critiques, they are always welcome! Also, I measure my worth as a human being with your comments!

@TheBeast:

The 2 page spread is meant to look more like a real mag. We do our best to optimize it so that all sorts of computers can run it smoothly, but some older/less powerful machines may get a bit of hiccuping. Blame Adobe ;)

@TheBooya:

Misquoting? That comes when you reveal what you're working on, Adam.

@WitchHunter_Z:

I'm not really sure why it did that, but Foxit may not be able to handle all of the layers properly or something, thus freaking out.

@SpikeSpiegel:

Like Nate said, we will have a recruitment thread soon :)

@Marino:

We're saving J Allard for when he's like 90. Luchazine tell all!

@demontium:

A lot of communism and not a lot of sleep.

@Willy105:

Haha, is Obama going to make another appearance?

@Diamond:

This is just the final version. I may have asked ;) In all seriousness though, as with all interviews, only the gripping stuff makes the final cut. Nothing personal, internet brother! As for the split, it’s fairly even between features/edis vs previews/reviews. It’s just that the features/edis are early on mostly.  

@ColMirage:  Foxit may not be able to handle all of the layers so it might freak out because of that. Not sure though.

Edit: sorry for all the big bold stuff, this always happens when I edit a post that has @ replies at someone.
skelegore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By skelegore

Outstanding work, this is GOLD

Ragnorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By Ragnorok

Absolutely fantastic work.  I can't even imagine the amount of man-hours that went into this.