• 119 results
#1 Edited by GoranP (1128 posts) -

Oh Hi, Didn't See You There

The latest issue of The Luchazine has landed in the wee hours of the morning, as usual! For indian_boy and myself, I want to give many thanks to all of the amazing contributors that help make this project so fantastic. As per your suggestions, we're now on Scribd, so you can view The Luchazine in all of its embedded glory at the bottom of this post. You can still download the full quality PDF here though. We've also started a wacky weekly podcast that many of you have enjoyed already. You can check that out over here (we cover a wide range of topics including but not limited to: video games, grandmas, chips, and elephant penises). It'll also be on iTunes soon. By the way, if you're into Facebook, our page may be of interest

Taking The Luchazine Forward + Openings

Now that we've established the basic look and structure of The Luchazine, we're ready to take the visual aspect to the next level. In order to do so, we'd like to bring on a few more talented artists/designers. If you're interested, PM myself and indian_boy with your portfolio and/or sample pieces. We're also looking for writers that are able to focus on Nintendo related subjects, so if you're interested in that, PM myself and indian_boy. Make sure to include a short writing sample. Note that we will not be taking applications past the 15th of this month.

Thanks for checking out The Luchazine, we hope you enjoy it and have fun with the contest! Here's the direct path to the contest thread, for added convenience.
Edit: If you like kittens, and anything beautiful in this world, you can help get The Luchazine on the front page of N4G by viewing The Luchazine through here in order to increase the heat.

Note: if you see weird circular patterns on the cover, that's just Scribd acting up, not some alternative design choice. If you see the layout break at some point (i.e. pictures covering text), try clearing the cache on your browser. If its still there, and you want perfection, you can download the PDF.

#2 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

Holy crap duder, wow, awesome!
#3 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

Most of the Nintendo writers and news updaters have been banned >.> bad timing anyone?

#4 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

CoolDrMonkey

#5 Posted by pepsicolagirl (163 posts) -

woooooo! i'm so excited and afraid to read it!

#6 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Great work again - looking forward to reading this issue - seems like you're managing to get more content than most 'real' magazines do these days. Great CV/portfolio content for anyone that's worked on this. 

Looking forward to seeing what design improvements you have in the pipeline - I still feel typography is its biggest weakness - take a look at 8Faces by Elliot Jay Stocks for a great example of how typography and design can work well in an 'indie' publication to make it stand out from the crowd.

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Looked through a few articles already. Epicness achieved!

#8 Posted by TrulyAlive (909 posts) -

Metal Gear Deer?!
Sold.

#9 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1928 posts) -

Obviously a lot of hard work went into making that, congrats.

#10 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

Wow, these are really well done. Who knew community-made stuff could be this good?

#11 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

The awards were awesome(love the deer heads),the best threads page is great,and the interview with one of the Giant Bombers was also awesome.

#12 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -
@RaccoonusDoodus said:
" Wow, these are really well done. Who knew community-made stuff could be this good? "

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -
@CoolDrMoney said:
"
 CoolDrMonkey

"
Whoops, sorry dude, my mistake. I don't know how I managed to call you that.
#14 Posted by Mmmslash (2171 posts) -

"SFFIC Highlights from Evo"

Welp, I had a good run!

#15 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

No, even this doesn't stop y'all from getting the titles freaks of the industry.  Sick jobs, one and all.

#16 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

gd job guys keep it up

#17 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

Excellent stuff, though I noticed that you misplaced the comment on 'Best Wii Game of E3' with the same comment that was on 'Company Most Likely to get Mauled by Luchadeer'.  Kirby doesn't deserve to get mauled by Luchadeer guys :(

#18 Edited by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -
@WitchHunter_Z said:

" Excellent stuff, though I noticed that you misplaced the comment on 'Best Wii Game of E3' with the same comment that was on 'Company Most Likely to get Mauled by Luchadeer'.  Kirby doesn't deserve to get mauled by Luchadeer guys :( "

I just checked the PDF and Scribd versions and it seems like everything's in the correct places. Which version are you seeing the problem? 

**Edit: Oh I see you were talking about the text on the Nintendo award, not the "most likely to get mauled" one. Yes that's a mistake. 

Goran's fired. I have the authority to do that...  :P
#19 Edited by jakob187 (21763 posts) -
@GoranP: Ummm... 

GLARING ERROR ON MY INTERVIEW?!  

The last bit has the subtitle "Lay the smackdown, which users suck ass the most?" above my positive shoutouts!!!   = P 

YES, I READ MY OWN INTERVIEW!!!  I read everything else before it as well...

Other than that, dood, great issue and you can see it all coming together more than ever.  You guys are continually doing highly impressive work. 

Also, the Lincoln Force movie is only rated PG-13?!  Grrrr....
#20 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Considering this is a community driven and created publication combining content from users across the globe with no financial incentive or backing, I'm still shocked at how professional it all looks. It gives some genuine 'real' publications a run for their money with the amount of interesting content on offer here, and it's all for free! :O

Great stiff guys and girls, I do love the creative community spirit we have going on here. If there's anything we can do, feel free to ask :)

#21 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Wow I guess EpicSteve was right when he said that people were going to hate him when they saw his Limbo review.

#22 Posted by Sweep (8984 posts) -

Super impressed with the interviews, genuinely interesting to read. 

I like how jakob needs a wasd tattoo on his fingers. I bet he is constantly getting asked what the fuck they mean. "Why do you have asd on your fingers?" :D

#23 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" Considering this is a community driven and created publication combining content from users across the globe with no financial incentive or backing, I'm still shocked at how professional it all looks. It gives some genuine 'real' publications a run for their money with the amount of interesting content on offer here, and it's all for free! :O  Great stiff guys and girls, I do love the creative community spirit we have going on here. If there's anything we can do, feel free to ask :) "
I know right, its insanely professional, brilliance to everyone. 
#24 Posted by chogi (555 posts) -

that dino ignacio is one good lookin' dude

#25 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -
@Hamz said:
"Great stiff guys and girls "
Clearly, Hamz really enjoyed this issue. Not sure if it was down to Carrie or Dino though...
#26 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

This ones a Big sucker. I better get to reading it! As always keep up the great work all who were involved. 

#27 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Carrie Gouskos is the coolest gaming girl I know. 

Really cool content guys.

#28 Posted by NoXious (1353 posts) -

Nice read. Keep up the good work folks!

#29 Posted by VIGGO123 (553 posts) -

Great work guys!

#30 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

It keeps getting better with every issues. I feel like I need to step up my game big time just to keep up with this biatch.

#31 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

That Dino interview was really well done, dude is awesome, Terrible angel of flames, fucking badass,  

Really guys, just well done, can't give you enough credit, all of you, superb, the layout is much improved, pictures and backgrounds are really well done.  

I applaud you all, 

#32 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

Good job guys.  I really liked the article about Donkey Kong 64.  I recall using up one of my summers trying to collect everything in that game.  I think I broke down and bought a strategy guide for that one. Also I very much agree with the Limbo review.

Looking forward to see more!

#33 Edited by Red12b (9085 posts) -

I loved the awards, dude, angry luchadeer actually caught me off guard, no wonder snider was scared.  

Can't wait for the discussion panel,  

Just something though, I don't know if it is limited to me but some of the text has a few issues in the embed version, Such as Jakob's smackdown title being repeated twice and the best of Wii award description is Ubi's mauled description  

#34 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

So everyone that likes this issue should totally go to GameGrep and rate the article up.

#35 Edited by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@TheBeast said:

" @Hamz said:

"Great stiff guys and girls "
Clearly, Hamz really enjoyed this issue. Not sure if it was down to Carrie or Dino though... "
Haha! great find! 
#36 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I'm gonna need to find some time to read these articles, they need to be read!

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#38 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

I am going to read this.  Now that I have slightly more free time I have such wonderful sights to show you all for the next issue. Again great job, there was a minor weirdness in the captions on my article but I think it actually improves it. 

#39 Posted by Glak (578 posts) -

Great work!
Love the Luchazine, keep up the good work!

#40 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@GoranP: I noticed several strange technical glitches in the text. Here are some pictures: 

"ButuglyUIisindeedpafol"
!!!
#41 Edited by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@natetodamax:

ButuglyUIisindeedpafol     
Google spell check says that should be De-Industrialisation... haha how the hell did it get that? 
#42 Posted by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -
@natetodamax:  Those sections look fine for me on both Scribd and the PDF. It must be a weird problem with Scribd and your computer. Perhaps your web browser is causing it. Or your resolution.
#43 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Great job everyone. I like being able to read it in the post.

#44 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -

The Donkey Kong 64 article is scarily accurate.

#45 Posted by BaconGames (3577 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

" On that writing in games article, let me weigh in: there are definitely some VERY good examples of great writing in games, but it's just that the majority of them aren't. "

I completely agree and there is has always been examples.  But alas, as you stated, the general trend is that most of them are not.

Wait a minute!  There are not 33 contributors.  I counted 32 and with Goran and indian_boy, it's 34.  

I'm the 33rd :( 
#46 Posted by Jeust (10863 posts) -

Holly cow!

#47 Posted by ZombiePie (5760 posts) -

Great job as always. But man I should get involved like Matty.

#48 Posted by LiquidPrince (16183 posts) -

Good stuff. =)

#49 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Total Annihilation was NOT the first polygonal RTS.  Myth, a game the article failed to mention, came first.  I am sad that game was not covered in the RTS retrospective.  Starcraft was also NOT the most successful game of 1998.  Pokemon Red & Blue came out in 1998, and that sold about double SC's numbers in its lifetime.

Reviews are pretty good, can't say I agree with much brought up in the Limbo review.

Anyways, still reading it, and it's good overall, even the RTS article.

#50 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

Went through it earlier, looks great! Good job lads!